Kyle Rittenhouse Shooting

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
The fact of the matter was that last year, with the complicity of the mainstream media and the owners of digital media platforms, Democratic governors and Mayors allowed their cities to burn, with the sole intention of removing President Trump from office.

And those who opposed the carnage (which met the very definition of terrorism) were branded terrorists themselves.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Correct. Yes one bullet of 5.56 is more than capable of shredding an arm. The bullet out of a 20” bbl. leaves the bbl.at 3250 feet a second.
There's more information about this in my Guns thread, but supersonic bullets, aka traveling well above the speed of sound, induce hydrostatic shock. You can see this readily in slow motion video of bullets being fired into clear ballistics gel. The damage done by a small very fast bullet like the 223/556 is very different from the damage done by a very big very slow bullet like the 45 ACP.

Leatherneck

Temp Banned
There's more information about this in my Guns thread, but supersonic bullets, aka traveling well above the speed of sound, induce hydrostatic shock. You can see this readily in slow motion video of bullets being fired into clear ballistics gel. The damage done by a small very fast bullet like the 223/556 is very different from the damage done by a very big very slow bullet like the 45 ACP.
If I remember right the 45 acp hitting ballistic gel also creates hydrostatic shock also. Two ways to create foot lbs of energy 1. Speed 2 mass

ok doser

... the carnage (which met the very definition of terrorism) ...
Rosenbaum for example was captured on video engaging in acts of arson against human targets. Many of the rioters were. These acts meet the definition that the FBI uses for domestic terrorism. The use of commercial fireworks against living targets (which was seen in many of the riots last year) also meets the definition that the FBI uses for domestic terrorism and WMDs. These actions were cheered on by Antifa and BLM. These actions were supported by fellow travelers like Kamala Harris and Nancy Pelosi.

and yet nobody is talking about branding BLM or Antifa or Pelosi or Harris as domestic terrorists using WMDs.

Even though their actions meet the FBI definition for domestic terrorism and WMDs.

Last edited:

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Correct. Yes one bullet of 5.56 is more than capable of shredding an arm. The bullet out of a 20” bbl. leaves the bbl.at 3250 feet a second.
:unsure: If I'm not mistaken the 20" barrel with the 55grn bullet is part of what sold the military on the Mr. Stoners design to begin with. The wounds were pretty impressive. As you are discussing, hydrostatic shock plays a big part of this. The original 55grn hollow nosed FMJ tip would deform and yaw violently upon impact creating wound channels equal to, or in most cases in excess of more powerful .30 cal. rounds.

The Soviets had the same idea with the 123 grn. 7.62X39 but the velocity wasn't there to produce the more explosive yaw action that a lighter bullet with more velocity will give.

Leatherneck

Temp Banned
:unsure: If I'm not mistaken the 20" barrel with the 55grn bullet is part of what sold the military on the Mr. Stoners design to begin with. The wounds were pretty impressive. As you are discussing, hydrostatic shock plays a big part of this. The original 55grn hollow nosed FMJ tip would deform and yaw violently upon impact creating wound channels equal to, or in most cases in excess of more powerful .30 cal. rounds.

The Soviets had the same idea with the 123 grn. 7.62X39 but the velocity wasn't there to produce the more explosive yaw action that a lighter bullet with more velocity will give.
The Yugoslavians solved the yaw problem with the 7.62x39 M67 which yaws on impact very nasty little bullet. You tube has some videos of the M67 yawing on impact with ballistic gel.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
The Yugoslavians solved the yaw problem with the 7.62x39 M67 which yaws on impact very nasty little bullet. You tube has some videos of the M67 yawing on impact with ballistic gel.
The Soviets may have invented the AK-47 but it took the Yugoslavians to perfect it. Years ago (decades actually) I did a great deal of research into which AK I wanted...The Zastava M70 was my landing point.
Zastava makes a crappy car but a great AK. ;)

ok doser

How many days of no verdict will the rioters tolerate?

Will they riot tonight?

Will they burn down the courthouse to send a message to the jury?

Doesn't sound far-fetched, does it?

The Berean

How many days of no verdict will the rioters tolerate?

Will they riot tonight?

Will they burn down the courthouse to send a message to the jury?

Doesn't sound far-fetched, does it?
I still not sure why BLM people care about this case at all? It has noting to do with Black people. No Black people were involved in the shootings.