Kirk Cameron: Hack

6days

Kirk Cameron says God sends hurricanes to teach us to repent...
What Cameron ACTUALLY says is... " Weather is sent to cause us to cause us to respond to God in humility, awe, and repentance... God is the Lord of the wind and the waves. What this should be doing for all of us is causing us to remember it is God who supplies our life, our breath and everything else so that you and I would reach out to Him".

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
And don't forget the guinea worm that causes unbelievable burning pain as it breaks out through human skin. The Lord God made that too.

The hurricanes are the very least of it. Knowledge about how brutal nature is led Charles Darwin to turn away from god belief:

With respect to the theological view of the question: This is always painful to me. I am bewildered. I had no intention to write atheistically, but I own that I cannot see as plainly as others do, and as I should wish to do, evidence of design and beneficence on all sides of us. There seems to me too much misery in the world. I cannot persuade myself that a beneficent and omnipotent God would have designedly created the Ichneumonidae with the express intention of their feeding within the living bodies of caterpillars ...

Parasitic wasps lay their eggs in living caterpillars, and the eggs hatch and the caterpillar is eaten alive from the inside.

You have to wonder what this god is playing at. Why does it have to punish things it made?

Stuart
:rotfl: Oh no, God is mean, life is unfair and brutal, nature is so unkind, there can't be a God !!! That's fear and ignorance, a typical atheistic response to pain and suffering.

Stuu

:rotfl: Oh no, God is mean, life is unfair and brutal, nature is so unkind, there can't be a God !!! That's fear and ignorance, a typical atheistic response to pain and suffering.
Brutality in nature just shows that claims about the god being 'good' or 'just' or 'kind', are obviously ridiculous.

But there are plenty of other reasons to think that not even sadistic gods actually exist.

Stuart

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
It's obvious you don't know God and have no real connection with him. You're the poster child for all pew-warmers whose idea of Salvation is based on paying tithes or church attendance. It never goes any deeper than a good works religion.
Nope, you've got it all wrong about glorydaz, no surprise with your poor understanding of why there is death and sin, why we live in a fallen world. "It's obvious you don't know God"? what a fool you are.

Epoisses

Nope, you've got it all wrong about glorydaz, no surprise with your poor understanding of why there is death and sin, why we live in a fallen world. "It's obvious you don't know God"? what a fool you are.

Says the fool who warms the pew and thinks conversion is attending a new church.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
But what if it's just fate - right place at the right time, wrong place at the wrong time?

Ecclesiastes 9:11 I turned me to another thing, and I saw that under the sun, the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, nor bread to the wise, nor riches to the learned, nor favour to the skillful: but time and chance in all.