Kingdom gospel

SaulToPaul 2

Gospel of the kingdom,

Matthew 10
7 And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.

8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

No dbr of the LORD. They didn't know.

Rocket science, this isn't.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Paul said the gospel was preached to Abraham. Did Abraham live before the cross?

Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.  Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham. And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed. Gal. 3:6-8

The entire premise of your argument is nullified.

"Accounted" - credited - Abe's faith was not righteous, the righteousness of God was credited to Abe's account.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

SaulToPaul 2

Act 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

LA

Poor LA.

Peter's followers- faith + works unto grace (at the 2nd coming)
Paul's followers- grace (now) through the faith of Christ

Same LORD, same grace, different application, different timing, for a different purpose.

Poor LA wants so bad to be in Peter's group, and he cannot get there...ever. And yet he spurns the grace available now through Paul's teachings.

Interplanner

The above sentence makes it sound as if you're wavering a bit? In other words: you're not on solid ground, which means you're just putting forth a personal opinion. I've seen some of your posts and I would wager you don't KNOW what you're talking about.

Give examples of the 4 Greek cases.

Interplanner

Gospel of the kingdom,

Matthew 10
7 And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.

8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

No dbr of the LORD. They didn't know.

Rocket science, this isn't.

Christ can make that announcement and command those things but not be declaring what the Gospel is as he does so, got it? It isn't rocket science, right. The Gospel is still going to be his Lamb-sacrifice, which they had a very hard time understanding and accepting, I agree. But their fumbling it does not mean there is another gospel going on for a while. At all. Is 53, Dan 9, Ps 22-24, Gen 3.

Interplanner

"Accounted" - credited - Abe's faith was not righteous, the righteousness of God was credited to Abe's account.

And there we have it: the misunderstanding of faith. Faith is not a 'work' and it is the object of faith that matters. The object of faith was the gift of the righteousness of God; he saw Christ's day. It doesn't matter how or if his faith was righteous. All those terms are retroactively defined by Paul.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Poor LA.

Same LORD, same grace, different application, different timing, for a different purpose.

Poor LA wants so bad to be in Peter's group, and he cannot get there...ever. And yet he spurns the grace available now through Paul's teachings.

None of the scriptures I posted showed that I spurn the grace of Christ which was first available to the 3000 on the day of Pentecost, well before Paul was saved.

Barnabus for example of one who was saved through grace before Paul was.

Paul was very careful about warning the believers against sinning after they were saved.

Madists claim Paul taught the grace of Christ was that a believer can sin and not be held to account for it.

LA.

Epoisses

You are correct.

The MAD doctrine claims Jesus kept the Jews under the law until grace came via Paul.

The Bible itself shows MAD to be the doctrine of a sect which denies the Spirit.

Act 15:7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.
Act 15:8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;
Act 15:9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.
Act 15:10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
Act 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

LA

These MAD people are raving lunatics!

Epoisses

By grace alone thru faith alone in Christ alone plus nothing.

Amen. Couldn't agree more!

The only problem with the dispensational understanding is they have written planned obsolescence into their gospel. Where at some future point in time they will abandon it to keep the law and offer animal sacrifice! The bible only speaks of one future temple and it is an evil one. Everything that happens there is an abomination. Any return to the sacrificial system after the one time sacrifice of Christ for all sin for all time is blasphemy and is most likely what the mark of the beast will revolve around.

Epoisses

Poor LA.

You don't understand works in the bible because even Jesus said Christians will have works in his council to the seven churches of Asia.

There are works of the Spirit - love, joy, peace etc.

and there are works of the law - feasts, Sabbaths, eating kosher

Christians are required to have the works of the Spirit and even Paul said that in Galatians, he just called them fruits.

Ye do err, greatly!

Epoisses

You could be dead to sin, as we are, if you'd believe the good news and trust the LORD.

Your good news is just for a few more years and then you'll be keeping feasts, wearing tzitzit and eating beef franks! Bacon just isn't good enough anymore, that's ok - more for me!

Danoh

One; thus far none of the non-Mads on this thread have proven they clearly understand supposed Mad assertions.

Two; very few Mad Pastors teach that those before Paul had to wait for the return of Christ for their salvation.

Three, preaching some better understanding of grace on either side of this thread's fence is no more than a farce, if said "grace" is nothing more than a means of bickering with one another.

We are all - on all sides of the aisle - a bunch of dissimulators :chuckle:

Epoisses

One; thus far none of the non-Mads on this thread have proven they clearly understand supposed Mad assertions.

Two; very few Mad Pastors teach that those before Paul had to wait for the return of Christ for their salvation.

Three, preaching some better understanding of grace on either side of this thread's fence is no more than a farce, if said "grace" is nothing more than a means of bickering with one another.

We are all - on all sides of the aisle - a bunch of dissimulators :chuckle:

Jews and Gentiles are both saved by grace.

Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin. But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: Rom. 3:20-22

Danoh

Jews and Gentiles are both saved by grace.

Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin. But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: Rom. 3:20-22

Like I said in point one above...

Danoh

Of course; you could pull a Lazy or heir and just close the thread after your last word as the last word :chuckle: