Judas Goats At Home

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
With God all things are possible,

Yet another person who completely misuses this verse, because it's taken out of context.

Then Jesus said to His disciples, “Assuredly, I say to you that it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven.And again I say to you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”When His disciples heard it, they were greatly astonished, saying, “Who then can be saved?”But Jesus looked at them and said to them, “With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” - Matthew 19:23-26 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew19:23-26&version=NKJV

All things means "all things pertaining to how men are saved."

God cannot do that which is impossible, like count the number of hairs on the bogeyman's head, or destroy something that He designed to last forever.

that’s Bible I believe.

Anyway, regarding your other points...some may be true and some not. The Jews were pretty well annhilated by the Romans, and the Nazis made a run at it.

Regarding the destruction of the wicked...firstly, everyone dies. What happens after that is not known. If a person needed to be annhilated I believe God could do that as easily as I squish a snail with a brick. They become nonexistent in about one hundredth of a second, except for a little pile of goo that dries out and blows away in the wind.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Where do you get your understanding of "hell" from JR?

It's called "the Bible." You probably haven't read it.

You, as a human, stating what's possible for a loving God is to be taken seriously, why?

Because God is more than just loving, Arty, He is also just and righteous and holy.

Arthur Brain

It's called "the Bible." You probably haven't read it.

Which version, which translation? Why should your version of "hell" as a place of eternal loneliness and separation be given any credence among a plethora of other takes on the same? I've provided links regarding the history of doctrines from the original texts and have you ever looked into that? Even amid fundamentalism there's hardly agreement so just why is that JR? Have you ever even considered anything outside of your indoctrinated view? Because that's all you're offering here.

Because God is more than just loving, Arty, He is also just and righteous and holy.

That's just you asserting what is possible for God to do because of what you believe He can do via your own beliefs as a human. Why should that be taken seriously? You've already equated a legitimate complaint from a poster regarding trolling with the likes of the Pharisees.

:plain:

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
God cannot do that which is impossible, like count the number of hairs on the bogeyman's head, or destroy something that He designed to last forever.

Since we all die, we were not designed to live forever.

If you are referring to the spirit of a man, which is called the candle or light of the Lord in Proverbs...then I see your point. Personally, I don’t agree that God could not destroy anything he made if he wished to, but I also don’t believe he ever would wish to.

The Bible speaks many times about the importance of planning something out when one is building, or really in any endeavor. Certainly God, being of infinite understanding would have planned this out. His plan would not involve the intentional torture for all eternity of living beings he created because that would be evil. If such a thing could have happened, I believe he would have shut it down and scrapped that plan. It would be better for anyone to have never existed than to end up in firey hell.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Since we all die, we were not designed to live forever.

Correlation does not equal causation.

Man dies because of entropy, and because the tree of life is not available, currently.

The tree of life is not available because then sinful man would never die and face the consequences of his actions.

If you are referring to the spirit of a man, which is called the candle or light of the Lord in Proverbs...then I see your point. Personally, I don’t agree that God could not destroy anything he made if he wished to, but I also don’t believe he ever would wish to.

The Bible speaks many times about the importance of planning something out when one is building, or really in any endeavor. Certainly God, being of infinite understanding would have planned this out. His plan would not involve the intentional torture

This is a straw man. Nowhere does the Bible say the people in hell will be tortured. Punished, yes, beaten for their sins, but not tortured.

Their torment is caused by their hatred and rejection of God.

The people who end up in hell and eventually the lake of fire are there by their own will and choices.

They chose to disregard God, to reject Him, and so their being there is their own decision.

for all eternity of living beings he created because that would be evil. If such a thing could have happened, I believe he would have shut it down and scrapped that plan. It would be better for anyone to have never existed than to end up in firey hell.

Arthur Brain

Correlation does not equal causation.

Man dies because of entropy, and because the tree of life is not available, currently.

The tree of life is not available because then sinful man would never die and face the consequences of his actions.

This is a straw man. Nowhere does the Bible say the people in hell will be tortured. Punished, yes, beaten for their sins, but not tortured.

Their torment is caused by their hatred and rejection of God.

The people who end up in hell and eventually the lake of fire are there by their own will and choices.

They chose to disregard God, to reject Him, and so their being there is their own decision.

According to you, "hell" and/or the "lake of fire" is a realm of utter loneliness with no comfort or respite whatsoever. Who, on earth, is consciously going to "choose" that?

But hey, it's a lot easier for you to just cast off other people who don't believe the same as you or are alienated by such callous beliefs as yours to be "hating God" isn't it?

Where is your love JR?

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
I disagree with the post above completely, but don’t feel like arguing it. Signing out, good night all.

WeberHome

Re:

Re:

Should Jesus have apologized for being rude to the Pharisees and lawyers?

If you try to walk in Jesus' footsteps you'll just get yourself in trouble because Jesus was under direct orders to associate with the world as per his Father's instructions.

John 8:28 . . I do nothing on my own initiative, but I speak these things as the Father taught me.

John 12:49 . . I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, He gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.

On the other hand; Christ's followers are under direct orders to associate with the world as per Jesus' instructions.

John 14:15 . . If you love me, you will comply with what I command.

John 15:14 . .You are my friends if you do as I wish.

In other words: the instructions that dictated Christ's conduct on Earth are quite a bit different than the instructions that dictate his followers' conduct on Earth, i.e. God instructed Christ to be rude; Jesus instructs his followers to be civil.

Col 4:6 . . Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt.

As was explained in post No.62, the purpose of salt is to enhance flavor and make otherwise naturally insipid and/or bad-tasting things palatable. In other words: salt is diplomacy; which can be roughly defined as conversation that makes an effort to maintain peace rather than provoke conflict and/or annoy people and make them uncomfortable.

FYI: Salt isn't optional-- Jesus requires it.

Mark 9:50 . . Have salt in yourselves, and be at peace with each other.

Luke 6:29 . . If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also.

Rom 12:18 . . If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.

Rom 14:19 . . Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace
_

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
According to you, "hell" and/or the "lake of fire" is a realm of utter loneliness with no comfort or respite whatsoever. Who, on earth, is consciously going to "choose" that?

Jesus said:

“Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it.Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it. - Matthew 7:13-14 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew7:13-14&version=NKJV

But hey, it's a lot easier for you to just cast off other people who don't believe the same as you or are alienated by such callous beliefs as yours to be "hating God" isn't it?

Where is your love JR?

:blabla:

Last edited:

Arthur Brain

Jesus said:

“Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it.Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it. - Matthew 7:13-14 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew7:13-14&version=NKJV

That answers my posts to you how, exactly? You equate that passage to mean your own version of hell? Well, that's lame to say the least although not entirely unexpected. Speaking of lame:

Grow up and argue on point. You display as much love and compassion for people as those who you use for Jesus's chastisement.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
That answers my posts to you how, exactly?

It answers it quite well.

That you can't understand how isn't my fault.

You equate that passage to mean your own version of hell? Well, that's lame to say the least although not entirely unexpected.

Rather, they (my views of Hell) are based on sound reasoning.

Observe:

Hell exists because God made us with the ability to love, and that requires the ability to hate. And if God allowed everyone to go to heaven, then He would turn heaven into hell and for all of eternity unleash onto the redeemed the "hell on earth" that so many people already lament. And if God replaced St. Peter's gate with a revolving door, then the rebellion, pride, hatred, cruelty and selfishness that has spoiled the paradise of Eden would forever spoil the heavenly paradise. Also, the deity of Christ and eternal punishment are related doctrines, for cults that do not know that Jesus is God also tend to reject the eternal hell. If the punishment of sin is not eternal, then God could have created something of sufficient worth to pay the price, and He would not have had to sacrifice His infinitely worthy Son. But when Jesus prayed, "My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as You will," because the Father's love for the Son was immeasurable, we can be sure that there was no other way to pay for the sins of men. And so, because the demands of righteousness required a full payment for sin, the penalty for sin could not be a finite prison term, for then Jesus Christ would not have had to pay with His life. As Southern Baptist seminary president Albert Mohler said, if Bell were right, then "you don't need Christ, and you don't need the cross. This is the tragedy of nonjudgmental mainline liberalism..."

From https://kgov.com/bel/20110426.

You may want to have a listen to these shows, as well:

https://kgov.com/bel/20160817
https://kgov.com/bel/20180214

Speaking of lame:

:blabla:

:think:

Laaaaame.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I wouldn't wish agonised suffering on anybody ...

well, unless they're rapists or child molesters, right?

You'd need to be an absolute psychopath, devoid of any sort of love to wish that on someone

an absolute psychopath, eh?

as bad as the guy who said this?

41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;

42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

43 Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Arthur Brain

It answers it quite well.

That you can't understand how isn't my fault.

No, it doesn't and it's not a case of not understanding how either.

Rather, they (my views of Hell) are based on sound reasoning.

Observe:

Hell exists because God made us with the ability to love, and that requires the ability to hate. And if God allowed everyone to go to heaven, then He would turn heaven into hell and for all of eternity unleash onto the redeemed the "hell on earth" that so many people already lament. And if God replaced St. Peter's gate with a revolving door, then the rebellion, pride, hatred, cruelty and selfishness that has spoiled the paradise of Eden would forever spoil the heavenly paradise. Also, the deity of Christ and eternal punishment are related doctrines, for cults that do not know that Jesus is God also tend to reject the eternal hell. If the punishment of sin is not eternal, then God could have created something of sufficient worth to pay the price, and He would not have had to sacrifice His infinitely worthy Son. But when Jesus prayed, "My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as You will," because the Father's love for the Son was immeasurable, we can be sure that there was no other way to pay for the sins of men. And so, because the demands of righteousness required a full payment for sin, the penalty for sin could not be a finite prison term, for then Jesus Christ would not have had to pay with His life. As Southern Baptist seminary president Albert Mohler said, if Bell were right, then "you don't need Christ, and you don't need the cross. This is the tragedy of nonjudgmental mainline liberalism..."

From https://kgov.com/bel/20110426.

This article is hardly "sound reasoning" and is just a regurgitation of a Bob Enyart piece. The first part doesn't hold up at all. If God were to restore all and have all people come to a knowledge of the truth then there'd be nobody wanting to ruin Heaven or usurp it. What, do you think that there'd be rabid atheists who'd want to spoil your Heavenly bliss or something? Ironic if so as plenty of non Christians are opposed to the kind of suffering that you would advocate for them. If anything, this kind of view is rooted in selfishness which again is ironic. Where it comes to eternal hell/the lake of fire then as pointed out before there were plenty in the early church that didn't believe it was a place of fire or unending suffering:

Early Christian Universalists, most notably Origen of Alexandria (c. 184–c. 253), and Gregory of Nyssa (c. 335–c. 395), understood the lake of fire as a symbolic purifying fire used to eliminate the dross from the gold,[21] or a "refiner's crucible". Origen refers to the "lead of wickedness" that must be refined out of the gold.[22] Origen obtained his Universalist views, known then as apocatastasis,[23] from his mentor Clement of Alexandria (c. 150–c. 215),[24] who was a student of Pantaenus.

In the view of Origen,

Our God is a 'consuming fire' in the sense in which we have taken the word; and thus he enters in as a 'refiner's fire' to refine the rational nature, which has been filled with the lead of wickedness, and to free it from the other impure materials which adulterate the natural gold or silver, so to speak, of the soul.[25]

19th-century scholar Charles Bigg summarized Origen's view as, "Slowly yet certainly the blessed change must come, the purifying fire must eat up the dross and leave the pure gold. One by one we shall enter into rest, never to stray again. Then when death, the last enemy, is destroyed, when the tale of his children is complete, Christ will 'drink wine in the kingdom of his Father.' This is the end, when 'all shall be one, as Christ and the Father are one,' when 'God shall be all in all.'"[26]

In the view of Gregory of Nyssa, "when death approaches to life, and darkness to light, and the corruptible to the incorruptible, the inferior is done away with and reduced to non-existence, and the thing purged is benefited, just as the dross is purged from gold by fire."[27]

Further evidence that corroborates their understanding that the Lake of fire is a "refiner's crucible" is that the Greek word commonly translated as "lake" also refers to something small, like a pond[28] or a "pool", as translated in the Wycliffe and New American Bible (NABRE).[29] [30]

Also, the added detail of "sulfur" in the lake of fire is related to an ancient gold refining technique. Gold refining by sulphurization, also related to Gold parting, is described in detail by ancient writers.[31][32][33] When unwanted metals, such as lead and copper, are heated in the presence of sulfur, the chemical reaction reduces the unwanted metals into sulfides, such as Lead(II) sulfide and Copper(I) sulfide. Since sulfur is a much lighter element, atomic number 16 on periodic table, the new sulfide molecules easily float to the top of the crucible as dross. Sulfur is also part of the smelting process related to silver and gold and other metal ores and naturally occurs in these ores.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_of_fire

That makes a lot more sense than this Enyart article and they were hardly part of a "cult". Under his beliefs (and by association yours) you believe that there's a supposedly loving God who creates billions of human beings, gives them a snapshot of existence on Earth and casts most of them off into some realm of suffering for eternity. That makes life a curse, not a gift. The last bit about "nonjudgemental mainline liberalism" is just plain daft. Liberalism has squat to do with the topic.

You may want to have a listen to these shows, as well:

https://kgov.com/bel/20160817
https://kgov.com/bel/20180214

Um, no thanks. I've heard and read enough of Bob Enyart to know what to expect, the same unthinking fundamentalism as the above.

:think:

Laaaaame.

Yes, it is. You should stop doing it.