JUDAISM: The Mother of All Reglions

Robert Pate

Banned
The law was given to the Jews as a keeper until Christ was to come. It was never God's plan that his people were to live by laws and rules or religion. It was his plan that "The Just Shall Live By Faith" and not by rules, laws or religion. The law has been replaced by the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is now the believers guide and teacher not the law.

Living by law will not produce righteousness. What it will produce is rebellion and sin. Paul said that the law made him want to sin, Romans 7:7-12. When Adam and Eve were told not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, which was law, it did not stop them from eating of the tree, it actually encouraged them to eat of the tree. If you want people to sin, tell them not to sin. There is no power in the law to keep people from sinning. The more you tell them not to, the more they will want to.

All religions and especially the Catholic religion have their roots in Judaism which is a religion of law. The law which is the very nature and character of God reveals the righteousness of God and the sinfulness of man.

"Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall be no flesh justified in his sight: for by the law IS THE KNOWLEDGE OF SIN" Romans 3:20.

God gave the law to the Jews to show them that they don't measure up to his standards. Paul said that the law was our schoolmaster to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith, Galatians 3:24. That was the purpose of the law, instead the Jews tried to obey the law and made themselves hypocrites, Matthew 23:23. No one can obey the law, it is impossible. The only one that obeyed God's law was Jesus Christ and he obeyed it perfectly. Jesus is the end and the fulfillment of God's holy law.

The law was given to the Jews to prepare them for the coming of Christ. Jesus was a teacher of the law. One of the reasons that thousands of Jews were converted to Christ on the day of Pentecost was because they had been following Jesus around and listening to him teach the law. "The Sermon on the Mount" is an impossibility, no one can do it or keep it. Jesus was preparing the Jews for the preaching of the Gospel.

Epoisses

The Law had an expiration date and it expired at the cross. Any return to it in the age of grace is a rejection of the finished work of Christ. Many ignorants extol the virtues of law keeping as some grand and noble undertaking but just the opposite is true. The bible declares that there is only one way to fall from grace and that's by trusting in the law!

Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace. Gal. 5:4

beameup

What amazes me is that the Jews teach that when Moses came down from the mountain, he had in one arm the Law and in the other, the "oral law". That is their explanation for the necessity of an extremely detailed "commentary" on Moses called Talmud. Jesus called this the "traditions of men". The Mishna and later the Talmud were the "oral traditions" written down. In addition to the 613 "commandments" found in the Torah, these "oral traditions" heaped enormous burdens upon the Hebrews, even going so far as prescribing specific "prayers" to recite when taking a sh_t. Of course, Yeshua rightly pointed out their error:
He answered and said unto them, Well hath Isaiah prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me, howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do. And he said unto them, full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition. -- Mark 7:6-9
Basically, nothing has changed in Judaism in the last (almost) 2,000 years... well, their "sages" did attempt to erase every possible reference to Y.E.S.H.U.="may his name be erased". Jews rely on their Talmud to explain the Torah and Tanakh, and actually revere their "precepts of men" (Talmud) above the Holy Word of God.

Last edited:

iamaberean

The law was given to the Jews as a keeper until Christ was to come. It was never God's plan that his people were to live by laws and rules or religion. It was his plan that "The Just Shall Live By Faith" and not by rules, laws or religion. The law has been replaced by the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is now the believers guide and teacher not the law.

Good post Robert,

I do have a problem with the church today for the fact they still use 'Law' to shame congregations into being obedient. Shame should not be a part of Christian life. Are you always tearing your own children down instead of encouraging them. Of course not!

How does the church shame us. By telling us that we must tithe or we are robbing God. I am telling one and all that is an untruth. Tithing was required under the law for good reason. The priests were not allowed to own property as the others tribes. So God set it up that the other tribes of Israel would give a tenth for their inheritance.

God tells us to give to the poor, never to the church. That is not to say that if we want a place to worship we have no obligation to help for upkeep.

Mat 19:21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.
Mar 10:21 Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.
1Co 13:3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

2Co 9:6 But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully.
2Co 9:7 Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.

2Co 9:9 (As it is written, He hath dispersed abroad; he hath given to the poor: his righteousness remaineth for ever.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The law is for bringing shame. It is a tutor that shows you need a savior. It isn't about making them obedient, so that is a problem, no doubt. They stay away, less their deeds be exposed.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The law was given to the Jews as a keeper until Christ was to come.

Yes, and when Jesus came he magnified the law and made it honorable. (Isaiah 42:21 ESV)

To magnify the law means to expand it, to enlarge it, to make it glorious. This pleased the Father.

And this is what Jesus did.

Paul said, "The law is holy, and the commandment is holy and righteous and good."

The law is sacred and cannot be rescinded. We must not malign it.

iamaberean

2Co 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
2Co 5:18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
2Co 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
2Co 5:20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

Jud 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.
Jud 1:4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

Elia

The law was given to the Jews as a keeper until Christ was to come.

Bs"d

“Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. 18 For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. 19 Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven"
Matthew 5

Clear what?

It was never God's plan that his people were to live by laws and rules or religion.

"But beyond this, my son, be warned: the writing of many books is endless, and excessive devotion to books is wearying to the body.
The conclusion, when all has been heard, is: FEAR GOD AND KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS, because this applies to every person. For God will bring every act to judgment, everything which is hidden, whether it is good or evil."

Ecc 12:12-14, New American Standard Bible

Elia

The Law had an expiration date and it expired at the cross.

Bs"d

“So you shall observe the Feast of Unleavened Bread, for on this same day I will have brought your armies out of the land of Egypt. Therefore you shall observe this day throughout your generations as an everlasting ordinance."
Ex 12:17

"In the tabernacle of meeting, outside the veil which is before the Testimony, Aaron and his sons shall tend it from evening until morning before the Lord. It shall be a statute forever to their generations on behalf of the children of Israel."
Ex 27:21]

"This shall be a perpetual statute throughout your generations in all your dwellings: you shall eat neither fat nor blood.’”
Leviticus 3:17

"You shall eat neither bread nor parched grain nor fresh grain until the same day that you have brought an offering to your God; it shall be a statute forever throughout your generations in all your dwellings."
Leviticus 23:14

“‘Now if you as a community unintentionally fail to keep any of these commands the Lord gave Moses— 23 any of the Lord’s commands to you through him, from the day the Lord gave them and continuing through the generations to come" Numbers 15:23

There is much, much more like this, saying the law stands forever, for all generations.

There is no such a thing as: "The messiah will come and abolish the law". It just doesn't exist.

And, of course, JC himself also said the exact opposite of what the Christians say:

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19 Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven."
Matt 5

So also JC agrees: The law stands forever.

It is only Paul who comes up with the idea that the law is abolished, but who is Paul that he thinks he can abolish the law??

"O Y-H-W-H, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come to You from the ends of the earth and say, 'Surely our fathers have inherited lies, worthlessness and unprofitable things.' Will a man make gods for himself, which are not gods?"
Jeremiah 16:19

Epoisses

All the feasts revolved around offering sacrifice at the temple and that hasn't existed in 2000 years! But don't worry, the antichrist will be coming soon to give you a brand new temple in a brand new city where you can offer up sacrifice and keep all the feasts until your heart's content. The shadows of Christ will darken the earth in those days and crush out the reality.

Epoisses

Yes, and when Jesus came he magnified the law and made it honorable. (Isaiah 42:21 ESV)

To magnify the law means to expand it, to enlarge it, to make it glorious. This pleased the Father.

And this is what Jesus did.

Paul said, "The law is holy, and the commandment is holy and righteous and good."

The law is sacred and cannot be rescinded. We must not malign it.

He magnified it by teaching that love is the fulfillment. Jamie hates the love of God and fights against it with all her being. You're not one of Christ's disciples.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Judaism is not the mother of all religions, as Judaism didn't occur until Abraham. In his time, Egypt had a religion with the Sun being it's central deity- which was a concept for like 15,000 years beforehand.

And for an obvious reason- the Sun is the biggest, brightest thing in the sky. Go figure, right :chuckle:

Ben Masada

All the feasts revolved around offering sacrifice at the temple and that hasn't existed in 2000 years! But don't worry, the antichrist will be coming soon to give you a brand new temple in a brand new city where you can offer up sacrifice and keep all the feasts until your heart's content. The shadows of Christ will darken the earth in those days and crush out the reality.

I'll be more than happy to have our Temple back but not for sacrifices. Sacrifices were the main reasons for all the troubles of Israel. If Moses had not added the sacrifices as a commandment of man, we probably could still be together as the firstborn son of God according to Exodus 4:22,23. BTW, Prophet Jeremiah reported that the Lord Jehovah never commanded that sacrifices be part of the religion of Israel. (Jeremiah 7:22) They had to be added by Moses who decided to make use of Pichuach Nephesh in order to make Exodus easier to be done.

Epoisses

Judaism is not the mother of all religions, as Judaism didn't occur until Abraham. In his time, Egypt had a religion with the Sun being it's central deity- which was a concept for like 15,000 years beforehand.

And for an obvious reason- the Sun is the biggest, brightest thing in the sky. Go figure, right :chuckle:

How can an evolutionist have any right concept of history?

Epoisses

I'll be more than happy to have our Temple back but not for sacrifices. Sacrifices were the main reasons for all the troubles of Israel. If Moses had not added the sacrifices as a commandment of man, we probably could still be together as the firstborn son of God according to Exodus 4:22,23. BTW, Prophet Jeremiah reported that the Lord Jehovah never commanded that sacrifices be part of the religion of Israel. (Jeremiah
7:22) They had to be added by Moses who decided to make use of Pichuach Nephesh in order to make Exodus easier to be done.

You're temple is coming back. It's called the image of the beast in Revelation. Nebuchadnezzar's golden image which was the forerunner was 60 cubits tall. Solomon's temple was 60 cubits long and the second temple was 60 cubits long and 60 cubits tall. Hey, there's three sixes right there!

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
How can an evolutionist have any right concept of history?

Just because I believe man has been around longer than 6000 years does not make me an 'evolutionist'. But the 6000 year thing is as stupid as anything, being that the notion was made when people had never even crossed an ocean or even traveled far to see anything else.

And
Abraham founded Judaism- therefore, you are all categorically wrong.

Ben Masada

The Law had an expiration date and it expired at the cross. Any return to it in the age of grace is a rejection of the finished work of Christ. Many ignorants extol the virtues of law keeping as some grand and noble undertaking but just the opposite is true. The bible declares that there is only one way to fall from grace and that's by trusting in the law!

Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace. Gal. 5:4

Epoisses, where did you get this strange idea that the Law expired on the cross? You ought to think twice before you post such a thing down for all to read because you are implying that Jesus was an idiot. Why? Because he declared that not even a single commandment of the Law would be removed until heaven and earth passed away. Did heaven and earth pass away when Jesus delivered his spirit on the cross? I don't think so. We would not be here discussing the Law if you were the one right and the Law had expired on the cross. Nu! So, where did you get this idea from? Think! Sometimes it helps to think.

Ben Masada

You're temple is coming back. It's called the image of the beast in Revelation. Nebuchadnezzar's golden image which was the forerunner was 60 cubits tall. Solomon's temple was 60 cubits long and the second temple was 60 cubits long and 60 cubits tall. Hey, there's three sixes right there!

That's why I don't want Christianity to help rebuilding our Temple because, according to II John 2:18,19, most the Antichrists are supposed to come from the ranks of Christianity itself. If so, Paul was the first one because, if you read Prophet Habakkuk 3:13, "The Lord goes forth to save His People; to save His anointed One." That's what Christ is, the Anointed One of the Lord; aka Israel the Jewish People. Now, if Israel is Christ and Paul spent almost his hole life fighting against Israel through his policy of Replacement Theology, it is only obvious that Paul was the Antichrist.

Ben Masada

The law is for bringing shame. It is a tutor that shows you need a savior. It isn't about making them obedient, so that is a problem, no doubt. They stay away, less their deeds be exposed.

The role of the Law is to bring knowledge of what we have done which constitutes a sinful condition. I know you won't read Psalm 119, perhaps for being too long but, I tell you, you will understand a lot more about the very close relationship between knowledge and the Law.