Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
View attachment 23847
Joel Osteen said:
"You've been criticized for 'Church lite,' for 'a cotton candy message,'" said Smith. "Do you feel like you're cheating people by not telling them about the Hell part? Or repentance part?"
"No, I really don't, because it's a different approach," Osteen replied. "You know, it's not hellfire and brimstone. But I say most people are beaten down enough by life. They already feel guilty enough. They're not doing what they should, raising their kids -- you know, we can all find reasons. So I want them to come to Lakewood or our meetings and be lifted up, to say, 'You know what? I may not be perfect, but I'm moving forward. I'm doing better.' And I think that motivates you to do better."

Full Article

Joel Osteen doesn’t believe in telling people they should repent. He would rather hold their hands on their way to hell and “tickle their ears” instead. But hey, whatever gets him the big bucks, right? Shame on you, Joel Osteen. Repent of misleading others of what the gospel really even means as if Christ’s undeserved sacrifice and what it really meant is irrelevant in even allowing for a person’s only hope for salvation in the first place.

Jeremiah 25:5 “...‘Repent now everyone of his evil way and his evil doings,”

Ezekiel 14:6 “Therefore say to the house of Israel, ‘Thus says the Lord God: “Repent, turn away from your idols, and turn your faces away from all your abominations.”

Ezekiel 18:30 “Repent, and turn from all your transgressions, so that iniquity will not be your ruin.”

Joel 2:12 “Now, therefore,” says the Lord, “Turn to Me with all your heart, With fasting, with weeping, and with mourning.”

Matthew 3:2 ““Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand!”

Mark 2:17 “I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance.”

Luke 3:3 “And he went into all the region around the Jordan, preaching a baptism of repentance for the remission of sins,”

Luke 15:10 “Likewise, I say to you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.”

Luke 24:47 “and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in His name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.”

Acts 2:38 “Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins...”

Acts 3:19 “Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord.”

Ezekiel 14:6 “Therefore say to the house of Israel, ‘Thus says the Lord God: “Repent, turn away from your idols, and turn your faces away from all your abominations.”

Ezekiel 18:30 “Repent, and turn from all your transgressions, so that iniquity will not be your ruin.”

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Repentance is a work. We are not called to work. Just believe. Believe, and rest.

You're working when you believe something. To believe in something you have to weigh options. In doing this, you're considering, "Is this true? Is this not true?" In doing this, there is logic that is being considered to come to your conclusion. Definitely can't deny there's some work involved here.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I never heard of him, until I looked him up.

"Osteen has also stressed that he does not approve of "homophobia," but that his faith is based on his reading of the Scriptures."

He is a PC Christian, ................wonderful:mmph:

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Is that because we will be rewarded for how rested we are? (Matthew 16:27)

"Therefore they said to Him, What shall we do, so that we may work the works of God? Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent." John 6:28-29

"Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness." Rom 4:4-5

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
View attachment 23847

Full Article

Joel Osteen doesn’t believe in telling people they should repent. He would rather hold their hands on their way to hell and “tickle their ears” instead. But hey, whatever gets him the big bucks, right? Shame on you, Joel Osteen. Repent of misleading others of what the gospel really even means as if Christ’s undeserved sacrifice and what it really meant is irrelevant in even allowing for a person’s only hope for salvation in the first place.

Joel 2:12 “Now, therefore,” says the Lord, “Turn to Me with all your heart, With fasting, with weeping, and with mourning.”

Matthew 3:2 ““Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand!”

Mark 2:17 “I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance.”

Luke 3:3 “And he went into all the region around the Jordan, preaching a baptism of repentance for the remission of sins,”

Luke 15:10 “Likewise, I say to you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.”

Luke 24:47 “and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in His name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.”

Acts 2:38 “Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins...”

Acts 3:19 “Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord.”

I would not condemn Osteen for preaching part of the full council of God.

I do not see many condemning those who preach the fire and brimstone part.

LA

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
"Therefore they said to Him, What shall we do, so that we may work the works of God? Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent." John 6:28-29

This is the work of God that you believe on him he has sent. Jesus said this to unbelievers who did not believe on him.
There is no faith without believe.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
"Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness." Rom 4:4-5

Paul preached against the premise that human works (works of the flesh) were of benefit to God. However, we received Jesus' grace so that we may work his works. (Ephesians 2:10)