Jesus' word is the center of Christianity.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
We are to debate, even in public debate. We are to argue, vigorously refute, sharply dispute, persuade, oppose, defend, confirm, command, preach, teach, instruct, rebuke, encourage, and contend.

Here are just a few of many other scriptures to support debating.

Acts 9:29
He talked and debated with the Grecian Jews, but they tried to kill him.

Acts 15:1 Some men came down from Judea to Antioch and were teaching the brothers: "Unless you are circumcised, according to the custom taught by Moses, you cannot be saved." This brought Paul and Barnabas into sharp dispute and debate with them. So Paul and Barnabas were appointed, along with some other believers, to go up to Jerusalem to see the apostles and elders about this question.

Acts 18:28
For he vigorously refuted the Jews in public debate, proving from the Scriptures that Jesus was the Christ.

Acts 19:8-9 Paul entered the synagogue and spoke boldly there for three months, arguing persuasively about the kingdom of God. But some of them became obstinate: they refused to believe and publicly maligned the Way. So Paul left them.

The Bible tells us in Jude 1:3 to contend for the faith, and that is what we should do.
Dear friends, although I was very eager to write to you about the salvation we share, I felt compelled to write and urge you to contend for the faith that was once for all entrusted to God’s holy people.

The problem is, you don't KNOW what you're talking about. You preach false doctrine. If you preached the true Gospel, I would back you up 100%. However, you don't.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Possibly relevant and unobtrusive as possible:
Spoiler
The relationship of the Church with the Jewish People.
Spoiler
When she delves into her own mystery, the Church, the People of God in the New Covenant, discovers her link with the Jewish People, the first to hear the Word of God. The Jewish faith, unlike other non-Christian religions, is already a response to God's revelation in the Old Covenant. To the Jews "belong the sonship, the glory, the covenants, the giving of the law, the worship, and the promises; to them belong the patriarchs, and of their race, according to the flesh, is the Christ" (Ro9:4-5), "for the gifts and the call of God are irrevocable" (Ro11:29).
Spoiler
And when one considers the future, God's People of the Old Covenant and the new People of God tend towards similar goals: expectation of the coming (or the return) of the Messiah. But one awaits the return of the Messiah who died and rose from the dead and is recognized as Lord and Son of God; the other awaits the coming of a Messiah, whose features remain hidden till the end of time; and the latter waiting is accompanied by the drama of not knowing or of misunderstanding Christ Jesus.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You would rather accuse me of being deceitful than admit you just missed where I asked you to explain what you think grace means.

Maybe you didn't spell out what you were asking. I answered you when you told me you had already asked, but then you were making comments about the way in which I answered you. I don't think you are being deceitful. I don't know why you believe I accused you of being deceitful. There is nothing wrong with changing a post. But if you changed it and I didn't see it that would explain why I didn't know.

Now were you talking about your response to the one way to the Father by grace through faith alone? You said you were asking about grace? Then why did you ask about faith alone? It is salvation by grace through faith, and salvation alone or only by grace through faith. The alone is either on the salvation (my vote) or on the faith (what you responded to). And I can't read your thoughts nor should I want to or think I can or should.

God's Truth

Maybe you didn't spell out what you were asking. I answered you when you told me you had already asked, but then you were making comments about the way in which I answered you. I don't think you are being deceitful. I don't know why you believe I accused you of being deceitful. There is nothing wrong with changing a post. But if you changed it and I didn't see it that would explain why I didn't know.

Now were you talking about your response to the one way to the Father by grace through faith alone? You said you were asking about grace? Then why did you ask about faith alone? It is salvation by grace through faith, and salvation alone or only by grace through faith. The alone is either on the salvation (my vote) or on the faith (what you responded to). And I can't read your thoughts nor should I want to or think I can or should.

God's grace is that we do not have to work at cleaning ourselves, just to go to the temple to worship God---we do not have to get circumcised, adhere to a dietary law, observe the many special days, do various washings, and sacrifice animals, just to go to the temple to worship God, for that is where His Spirit was.

God's grace is that we do not have to do those things, because we now only have to just have faith that Jesus' blood cleans us, after we repent of our sins; and, we do not have to go to the temple, because we become the temple.

That is God's grace. God's grace is NOT that we no longer have to obey Him to be saved.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
God's grace is that we do not have to work at cleaning ourselves, just to go to the temple to worship God---we do not have to get circumcised, adhere to a dietary law, observe the many special days, do various washings, and sacrifice animals, just to go to the temple to worship God, for that is where His Spirit was.

God's grace is that we do not have to do those things, because we now only have to just have faith that Jesus' blood cleans us, after we repent of our sins; and, we do not have to go to the temple, because we become the temple.

That is God's grace. God's grace is NOT that we no longer have to obey Him to be saved.

Why do you speak against these things? Also, I have not been saying, "you have to clean yourself 'just to go to the temple to worship God'." You are extremely confused.

Do you remember that the early church went to the temple? They were day by day in the temple.

Acts 2:46 NASB - 46 Day by day continuing with one mind in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they were taking their meals together with gladness and sincerity of heart,

God's Truth

Why do you speak against these things? Also, I have not been saying, "you have to clean yourself 'just to go to the temple to worship God'." You are extremely confused.
Why are you so quick to judge me? You are confused, for where did I ever say YOU said we had to clean ourselves just to go to the temple to worship God? I am speaking of what GOD says.

Do you remember that the early church went to the temple? They were day by day in the temple.

Acts 2:46 NASB - 46 Day by day continuing with one mind in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they were taking their meals together with gladness and sincerity of heart,

What do you think you have disproved?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Why are you so quick to judge me? You are confused, for where did I ever say YOU said we had to clean ourselves just to go to the temple to worship God? I am speaking of what GOD says.

What do you think you have disproved?

I am uncertain of what you are doing now. What I have done is point out that you think negatively in some way of going to the temple.

I have no idea what you mean by disproved.

Just to go to the temple. Wow. I think you think it was no good thing to go to the temple.

Danoh

I don't know. I see verse 17.

Wasn't looking at it before. Have seen this before. Just remember the verse (part of it). Maybe I am thinking of Romans 3:31 NASB. Or that salvation is by faith and that obedience or good works comes out of salvation, follow after faith, are a part of faith, or are the natural outworkings of faith. A person who has faith is obedient to God.

In a sense, Paul's is a seemingly odd statement there. So much so that there a MJs who hold that Paul was a false prophet, etc.

Consider the following...

Spoiler

Its the word "destroyed" that makes it appear such an odd statement.

There; to "build again" is to lay again a foundation, basis, or to re-establish a thing as sound, true, or still in effect.

This brings out its contrast - his preaching that "Christ is the end of the law for righteousness, to them that believe." Rom. 10:4.

There was/is "the law for righteousness," or "that righteousness which is of the law," described by Moses Rom. 10:5.

"BUT NOW the righteousness of God WITHOUT the law is made manifest..." Rom. 3:21, that Paul was sent to proclaim.

And just before Paul gets to that, he basically lays out, in Romans 1-3, or establishes, the fact that the purpose of said "righteousness of the law" had been "the knowledge" or conscious awareness of indwelling sin.

Romans 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin. 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Thus, in Galatians 2, he is basically relating that he is not about to put himself back under the very system "righteousness" under or "of the law" that he was called/sent to announce had only been meant to prove that all have sinned.

How did the law accomplish this?

Why this big issue at Galatia over the Gentiles having allowed themselves to be put themselves under Israel's Law for righteousness?

By the time Paul writes Romans, he has encountered all the various issues his "my gospel" ends up facing in one form of opposition or another.

Also, he is headed for Rome, at that time not only the capital city of the vast Roman Empire, but the largest city on the planet up until some one thousand years later.

So he packs in all the various issues into Romans, aware he is headed for trouble.

In this, Romans is ready made in one book, establishment truth. An owner's manual of the faith.

Paul's hope is that it serve to enable in one, what Paul had hoped to do in person but had been hindered from doing.

So he is going to lay out a perspective in Romans that will establish the Believer in the fundamentals of his"my gospel."

Ephesians will be the sequal. But that's another topic.

Any way, as result, in Romans he often all these sorts of issues; including the above, from his past experience with same...

Always turn to Romans for answers...

Notice what the intent of Israel's law for righteousness had been.

Romans 7:1 Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?

7:5 For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.

7:7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

7:9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.

7:11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me. 7:12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good. 7:13 Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.

Here it is again...

Galatians 3:22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe. 3:23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed. 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. 3:25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster. 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Verses 3:27-28 there are this here...

1 Corinthians 12:12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians is basically "a commentary," if you will, based on Romans.

He wrote Romans a decade or so after Galatians, but as Galatians shows throughout, he had all along been preaching Romans all those years.

Now, as to chapter 6's "the Israel of God," lol