Jesus' word is the center of Christianity.

God's Truth

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, then the one confessing that has to be obeying Jesus.

Luke 6:46 "Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say?

Matthew 7:21
"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jesus saves us all on his own. He chooses whom he will save.

Who does Jesus save? Jesus saves those who obey him. See John 14:23, and Acts 5:32.

Is a person saved only if they have the Holy Spirit dwelling in them? Can a person obey God without the Holy Spirit dwelling in them?

These questions go together here.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
No. I hold to a earlier, pre 70AD writing for the entire "NT."
That's my preference as well, but it doesn't affect my ecclesiology either way. The Church started in AD 33 regardless of when the New Testament was eventually written, or even by whom.

God's Truth

Could I? Can I? Will I? I may. I can try. But really I just have verses that talk about these three, grace, faith, and works.

How is it you want to teach me if you do not understand what is written?

Works are the result of faith,

We do not have to have faith to obey God. Jesus says we can get faith if we obey him; he says if we obey then we will know. See John 7:17.

not the cause of it or of salvation.

Jesus says he saves those who obey him. Jesus says it in many scriptures. I gave you two already. See John 14:23, and Acts 5:32.

READ THESE SCRIPTURES, for they say salvation is GIVEN TO THOSE WHO FEAR GOD AND do RIGHT.

Acts 10:35 but that in every nation those who fear Him and live good lives are acceptable to Him.

Acts 13:26 "Fellow children of Abraham and you God-fearing Gentiles, it is to us that this message of salvation has been sent.

Grace can be seen to be unmerited favor. But when did you ask me God's Truth? I'm not thinking of a particular grace.

I am speaking about the saving grace of God.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, then the one confessing that has to be obeying Jesus.

Luke 6:46 "Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say?

Matthew 7:21
"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Who has said we don't have to obey Jesus? For Salvation to take place, we must place our faith in Christ as our Savior. Why do you think "True Believers" don't want to obey Christ? That doesn't make any sense?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
How is it you want to teach me if you do not understand what is written?

We do not have to have faith to obey God. Jesus says we can get faith if we obey him; he says if we obey then we will know. See John 7:17.

Jesus says he saves those who obey him. Jesus says it in many scriptures. I gave you two already. See John 14:23, and Acts 5:32.

READ THESE SCRIPTURES, for they say salvation is GIVEN TO THOSE WHO FEAR GOD AND do RIGHT.

Acts 10:35 but that in every nation those who fear Him and live good lives are acceptable to Him.

Acts 13:26 "Fellow children of Abraham and you God-fearing Gentiles, it is to us that this message of salvation has been sent.

I am speaking about the saving grace of God.

Nope. And, you didn't ask me. At least not today you didn't.

God's Truth

Who has said we don't have to obey Jesus? For Salvation to take place, we must place our faith in Christ as our Savior. Why do you think "True Believers" don't want to obey Christ? That doesn't make any sense?

Why are you going against me then? You said we only have to obey by having faith; however, the Bible says faith alone is dead and that we have to have right actions with the faith to be saved.

God's Truth

We are to debate, even in public debate. We are to argue, vigorously refute, sharply dispute, persuade, oppose, defend, confirm, command, preach, teach, instruct, rebuke, encourage, and contend.

Here are just a few of many other scriptures to support debating.

Acts 9:29
He talked and debated with the Grecian Jews, but they tried to kill him.

Acts 15:1 Some men came down from Judea to Antioch and were teaching the brothers: "Unless you are circumcised, according to the custom taught by Moses, you cannot be saved." This brought Paul and Barnabas into sharp dispute and debate with them. So Paul and Barnabas were appointed, along with some other believers, to go up to Jerusalem to see the apostles and elders about this question.

Acts 18:28
For he vigorously refuted the Jews in public debate, proving from the Scriptures that Jesus was the Christ.

Acts 19:8-9 Paul entered the synagogue and spoke boldly there for three months, arguing persuasively about the kingdom of God. But some of them became obstinate: they refused to believe and publicly maligned the Way. So Paul left them.

The Bible tells us in Jude 1:3 to contend for the faith, and that is what we should do.
Dear friends, although I was very eager to write to you about the salvation we share, I felt compelled to write and urge you to contend for the faith that was once for all entrusted to God’s holy people.