Jesus said, "And Few There Be That Find It" Matthew 7:14

Robert Pate

Banned
If you are not secure in your salvation this scripture can be disturbing.

"Enter in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate and broad is the way, that leads to destruction and many there be which go that way. Because strait is the gate and narrow is the way, that leads to life and few there be that find it" Matthew 7:13, 14.

The broad way is the way of religion. Do good works, obey the commandments, be a good person and God will accept you into heaven. There are multitudes of people that think they will be saved if they do those things, it is one of the devils biggest lies and millions believe it. There are probably more unsaved religious people than people that are not religious, yet have simple faith in Christ. The way is broad so that it can accommodate the religious billions that are on their way to hell.

The strait gate is Jesus Christ. If one is to be saved they must enter through the strait gate. The strait gate leads to the narrow way which leads to life. Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life: no man can come to the Father, but by me" John 14:6. Many will read that and will believe that they must be like Christ to be saved. The devil is quick to deceive. This is why there are few that find it. They are blinded by religion. Salvation is not given to those who are trying to be like Christ by their good works or obedience to the law.

Jesus said, "Not everyone that says to me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the Kingdom of heaven: but he that does the will of my Father which is in heaven (the will of the Father is that you believe upon his Son Jesus Christ). Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in your name? and in your name cast out devils? and in your name done many wonderful works? And then I will say unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, you that work iniquity" Matthew 7:21-23.

These are the religious that are trying to work their way into heaven by their good works. "Lord, Lord, didn't we?" They thought that it was all about them and their good works. Religion is anti-Gospel and anti-Christ. It is the way that seems right unto a man, but the end is destruction. In the Gospel it is Jesus that defeats sin, death and the devil and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19. In the Gospel it is Jesus that atones for our sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. In the Gospel it is Jesus that God accepts into heaven in our name and on our behalf. If anyone goes to heaven it will have to be on his merit and not ours.

Robert Pate

Banned
Only about 10% of the people on this Forum are born again Christians. The rest are just religious.

Paul wrote, "Isaiah cried concerning concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved" Romans 9:27.

Is it God's plan that only a remnant be saved? No, its God's plan that all should be saved. Jesus atoned for the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. The problem is that people don't want to receive what God has done for them in Jesus Christ. They want to be saved their way which includes predestinationism, works, and obedience to the law, all of which is nothing more than religion. Only a few are willing to come to Christ as repentant sinners to be saved by him.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Only about 10% of the people on this Forum are born again Christians. The rest are just religious.

Paul wrote, "Isaiah cried concerning concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved" Romans 9:27.

Is it God's plan that only a remnant be saved? No, its God's plan that all should be saved. Jesus atoned for the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. The problem is that people don't want to receive what God has done for them in Jesus Christ. They want to be saved their way which includes predestinationism, works, and obedience to the law, all of which is nothing more than religion. Only a few are willing to come to Christ as repentant sinners to be saved by him.

Very true Pate, most people don't accept the free gift of salvation from God, it sounds too easy. It is !!

God's Truth

Many of the Jews did not want to humble themselves and come to Jesus to clean them of their sins. They wanted to keep getting circumcised, and adhere to a dietary law. They also wanted to keep observing special days and they did not recognize Jesus as the Sabbath Rest. They would also like to build another temple to sacrifice animals; or, the new kind of Jew doesn't even acknowledge that the sacrifice of animals was commanded by God.

God's Truth

If you are not secure in your salvation this scripture can be disturbing.

"Enter in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate and broad is the way, that leads to destruction and many there be which go that way. Because strait is the gate and narrow is the way, that leads to life and few there be that find it" Matthew 7:13, 14.

The broad way is the way of religion. Do good works, obey the commandments, be a good person and God will accept you into heaven. There are multitudes of people that think they will be saved if they do those things, it is one of the devils biggest lies and millions believe it. There are probably more unsaved religious people than people that are not religious, yet have simple faith in Christ. The way is broad so that it can accommodate the religious billions that are on their way to hell.

The strait gate is Jesus Christ. If one is to be saved they must enter through the strait gate. The strait gate leads to the narrow way which leads to life. Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life: no man can come to the Father, but by me" John 14:6. Many will read that and will believe that they must be like Christ to be saved. The devil is quick to deceive. This is why there are few that find it. They are blinded by religion. Salvation is not given to those who are trying to be like Christ by their good works or obedience to the law.

Jesus said, "Not everyone that says to me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the Kingdom of heaven: but he that does the will of my Father which is in heaven (the will of the Father is that you believe upon his Son Jesus Christ). Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in your name? and in your name cast out devils? and in your name done many wonderful works? And then I will say unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, you that work iniquity" Matthew 7:21-23.

These are the religious that are trying to work their way into heaven by their good works. "Lord, Lord, didn't we?" They thought that it was all about them and their good works. Religion is anti-Gospel and anti-Christ. It is the way that seems right unto a man, but the end is destruction. In the Gospel it is Jesus that defeats sin, death and the devil and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19. In the Gospel it is Jesus that atones for our sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. In the Gospel it is Jesus that God accepts into heaven in our name and on our behalf. If anyone goes to heaven it will have to be on his merit and not ours.

You do not have any understanding.

You make obeying Jesus a dirty word.

The scriptures about those who say, "Lord, didn't we...", those are the people who did not repent of their sins.

You preach against repenting of sins.

You have been ensnared by the devil.

Can we reason together?

Tell me, how is it ever bad to obey Jesus?

Tell me, how do you ever compare NO MORE PHYSICAL CIRCUMCISION and no more ANIMAL SACRIFICES with NO MORE OBEY GOD AT ALL?

Think for yourself.

Robert Pate

Banned
You do not have any understanding.

You make obeying Jesus a dirty word.

The scriptures about those who say, "Lord, didn't we...", those are the people who did not repent of their sins.

You preach against repenting of sins.

You have been ensnared by the devil.

Can we reason together?

Tell me, how is it ever bad to obey Jesus?

Tell me, how do you ever compare NO MORE PHYSICAL CIRCUMCISION and no more ANIMAL SACRIFICES with NO MORE OBEY GOD AT ALL?

Think for yourself.

You are under the law and will be judged by the law.

As for me. I am already perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10.

What you are striving to do in your flesh is already mine in Jesus Christ.

God's Truth

You are under the law and will be judged by the law.

As for me. I am already perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10.

What you are striving to do in your flesh is already mine in Jesus Christ.

What don't you get about their being no favoritism and those who do evil will be repaid for it?

Robert Pate

Banned
What don't you get about their being no favoritism and those who do evil will be repaid for it?

There is no judgment for those who are "In Christ".

God sees them as perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10.

If you want to be holy you would do well to join the Catholic church. They think that God will accept their righteousness. Big shock for them in the judgment.

God's Truth

There is no judgment for those who are "In Christ".

God sees them as perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10.

If you want to be holy you would do well to join the Catholic church. They think that God will accept their righteousness. Big shock for them in the judgment.

The Catholic church does not obey God.

We have to obey God.

There is no favoritism.

What don't you get about that?

There is no favoritism.

You do not even listen to Paul.

whatever67

If"Enter in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate and broad is the way, that leads to destruction and many there be which go that way. Because strait is the gate and narrow is the way, that leads to life and few there be that find it" Matthew 7:13, 14.

The broad way is the way of religion. Do good works, obey the commandments, be a good person and God will accept you into heaven. rs.

This makes no sense at all. No one can say he loves God and yet disobey all his Commandments. In fact Jesus said the opposite. When someone asked Him What must I do to be saved, Jesus said to obey the Commandments. Then He said if you do that, you still lack one thing: give all you have to the poor and follow Him.

Robert Pate

Banned
This makes no sense at all. No one can say he loves God and yet disobey all his Commandments. In fact Jesus said the opposite. When someone asked Him What must I do to be saved, Jesus said to obey the Commandments. Then He said if you do that, you still lack one thing: give all you have to the poor and follow Him.

When we come to Christ as repentant sinners to receive God's great free gift of salvation, God seals us with the Holy Spirit and places us in Christ. God now sees us as perfect and complete in Christ, Colossians 2:10. As far as God is concerned we have met all of the demands of his holy law because we are in Christ.

The rich young ruler was self righteous when he said, "All of these things I have done from my youth". Jesus was trying to show him that he was a sinner and needed a savior, so he gave him more law. "Go sell all that you have and give it to the poor". He failed to follow the law.

God's Truth

When we come to Christ as repentant sinners to receive God's great free gift of salvation, God seals us with the Holy Spirit and places us in Christ. God now sees us as perfect and complete in Christ, Colossians 2:10. As far as God is concerned we have met all of the demands of his holy law because we are in Christ.

The rich young ruler was self righteous when he said, "All of these things I have done from my youth". Jesus was trying to show him that he was a sinner and needed a savior, so he gave him more law. "Go sell all that you have and give it to the poor". He failed to follow the law.

Jesus was showing him he loved his wealth more than God.

You are ensnared by the devil.

Robert Pate

Banned
Jesus was showing him he loved his wealth more than God.

You are ensnared by the devil.

No one can follow or obey the law.

The law is the very nature and character of God. Jesus obeyed the law for us and in doing so justified us, Romans 4:5 also Romans 3:26.

"To him that does NO WORKS but believes on him that justifies the ungodly (Sinners) his faith (not his works or obedience) is counted for righteousness" Romans 4:5.

God's Truth

No one can follow or obey the law.

The law is the very nature and character of God. Jesus obeyed the law for us and in doing so justified us, Romans 4:5 also Romans 3:26.

"To him that does NO WORKS but believes on him that justifies the ungodly (Sinners) his faith (not his works or obedience) is counted for righteousness" Romans 4:5.
Jesus taught the NEW LAW, the New Covenant.

Tell me, where in the Old Covenant does it say come to Jesus to have your sins forgiven.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

Salvation is a gift by Jesus' grace. The purpose of salvation is to do the good works for which we are saved. (Ephesians 2:10)

God's Truth

Salvation is a gift by Jesus' grace. The purpose of salvation is to do the good works for which we are saved. (Ephesians 2:10)

There are works we must do when we want to be saved, and then there are other kinds of works to do after we are saved; however, we must obey Jesus' teachings to be saved. Jesus says to humble yourself, to repent, to have a forgiving heart, and to call on him.

If you have a heart that does not want to help a brother who is hungry, then you do not yet have a heart to be saved.

If you have a heart that does not humble itself, to be ready to do all that Jesus says, then you are not ready to be saved.