Jesus is God

Jesus is God

• Total voters

Right Divider

Body part
God is an invisible Spirit.

Colossians 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

Jesus is God made visible with a body.

Jesus is God the Father come to earth as man.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

God is a consuming fire.

Hebrews 12:29 for our "God is a consuming fire."

That fire in Jesus' eyes is the Spirit of God.Revelation 1:14 The hair on his head was white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire.

ONE God; THREE PERSONS.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
There aren't three separate and different persons making one God.

God IS SINGULAR.

Nope.

From the very first verse in the Bible, God is described as a plurality.

Elohim

The "-im" ending in Hebrew denotes a plurality, such as in the following:

cherub -> cherubim
seraph -> seraphim
nephil -> nephilim

Thus

Eloh -> Elohim

In the beginning Elohim created the heavens and the earth.

Literally, in English, In the beginning [Gods] [He created] the heavens and the earth.

God's Truth

Nope.

Elohim

cherub -> cherubim
seraph -> seraphim
nephil -> nephilim

Thus

Eloh -> Elohim

Literally, in English, In the beginning [Gods] [He created] the heavens and the earth.

Give the scripture for that and the Bible translation used.

God is singular.

The only way there are more gods is when there is an 's' at the end.

No such thing as three different persons making one God.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Give the scripture for that

Uh... Genesis 1:1.

and the Bible translation used.

It's called Hebrew. Maybe you've heard of it?

God is singular.

Saying it doesn't make it so, and repeating it doesn't make you any less incorrect than the first time you said it.

The only way there are more gods is when there is an 's' at the end.

In english, sure. But I'm not talking about English though, you dummy. I'm talking about in the Hebrew, you know, the language the Old Testament was originally written in.

No such thing as three different persons making one God.

Again, saying it doesn't make it so.

God's Truth

Uh... Genesis 1:1.

It's called Hebrew. Maybe you've heard of it?
Show the scripture and the Bible used.

Saying it doesn't make it so, and repeating it doesn't make you any less incorrect than the first time you said it.

Same to you too, no?

In english, sure. But I'm not talking about English though, you dummy. I'm talking about in the Hebrew, you know, the language the Old Testament was originally written in.
So you are a Hebrew and English translator? lol

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Show the scripture and the Bible used.

N-MP

Morphology: N-MPPart of Speech:
- N: Noun

Grammatical Categories:
- Gender M: Masculine
- Number P: Plural

h430

Strong's h430

- Lexical: אֱלהִים
- Transliteration: elohim
- Part of Speech: Noun Masculine
- Phonetic Spelling: el-o-heem'
- Definition: God, god.
- Origin: Plural of 'elowahh; gods in the ordinary sense; but specifically used (in the plural thus, especially with the article) of the supreme God; occasionally applied by way of deference to magistrates; and sometimes as a superlative.
- Usage: angels, X exceeding, God (gods)(-dess, -ly), X (very) great, judges, X mighty.
- Translated as (count):
Spoiler
God (854), your God (487), of God (317), our God (133), the God (131), my God (89), gods (84), their God (50), the gods (41), his God (39), of our God (38), of the God (27), to God (24), their gods (17), in God (14), to gods (12), of his God (11), of your God (11), a god (10), of my God (10), to the God (9), of gods (8), of their God (8), your gods (8), and God (7), and the God (7), from God (7), and my God (6), to their gods (6), to our God (5), for God (4), of the gods (4), of their gods (4), against God (3), and your God (3), But God (3), by God (3), for our God (3), of your gods (3), against our God (2), and by my God (2), and their gods (2), as God (2), But the God (2), from my God (2), God's (2), in the God (2), like God (2), my gods (2), of a god (2), that God (2), the goddess (2), Through God (2), to his God (2), to my God (2), to your God (2), - (1), after their gods (1), against her God (1), against the God (1), Among the gods (1), and gods (1), and of the God (1), and on their gods (1), and the gods (1), and their God (1), and Yes our God (1), any God (1), as gods (1), as the gods (1), before God (1), before the God (1), belong to God (1), but our God (1), by his God (1), by his gods (1), by my God (1), by the God (1), by your God (1), Elohe (1), for his God (1), for my God (1), for the God (1), for their gods (1), for your God (1), from the God (1), from the gods (1), God Himself is (1), God-given (1), Godly (1), gods of its own (1), her God (1), her gods (1), his God was (1), in my God (1), is God (1), like our God (1), Make God (1), nor with their gods (1), O God (1), of God was (1), of her God (1), of her gods (1), of his gods (1), of the God of (1), on the God (1), or gods (1), our God to us (1), our gods (1), our gods' (1), our own God (1), rather than God (1), than God (1), their own gods (1), to his gods (1), to the gods (1), to their God (1), upon God (1), upon His God (1), with our God (1).

As for the version used:
https://biblehub.com/interlinear/

Same to you too, no?

So you are a Hebrew and English translator? lol

Do I have to be?

Right Divider

Body part
Jesus did create all things---AND SO DID THE FATHER. They are one and the same.
NO, they are NOT "one AND THE SAME". They are both God but they are different persons.

And, ONCE AGAIN, you MISSED the POINT.

Jesus, the SON OF GOD, existed BEFORE ANYTHING WAS CREATED. The SON OF GOD is GOD and CREATED ALL THINGS.

Jesus did not "become the son" at His incarnation. That is what the BIBLE says.

God's Truth

N-MP

Grammatical Categories:

h430

Strong's h430

- Origin: Plural of 'elowahh; gods in the ordinary sense; but specifically used (in the plural thus, especially with the article) of the supreme God; occasionally applied by way of deference to magistrates; and sometimes as a superlative.
- Usage: angels, X exceeding, God (gods)(-dess, -ly), X (very) great, judges, X mighty.
- Translated as (count):
Spoiler
God (854), your God (487), of God (317), our God (133), the God (131), my God (89), gods (84), their God (50), the gods (41), his God (39), of our God (38), of the God (27), to God (24), their gods (17), in God (14), to gods (12), of his God (11), of your God (11), a god (10), of my God (10), to the God (9), of gods (8), of their God (8), your gods (8), and God (7), and the God (7), from God (7), and my God (6), to their gods (6), to our God (5), for God (4), of the gods (4), of their gods (4), against God (3), and your God (3), But God (3), by God (3), for our God (3), of your gods (3), against our God (2), and by my God (2), and their gods (2), as God (2), But the God (2), from my God (2), God's (2), in the God (2), like God (2), my gods (2), of a god (2), that God (2), the goddess (2), Through God (2), to his God (2), to my God (2), to your God (2), - (1), after their gods (1), against her God (1), against the God (1), Among the gods (1), and gods (1), and of the God (1), and on their gods (1), and the gods (1), and their God (1), and Yes our God (1), any God (1), as gods (1), as the gods (1), before God (1), before the God (1), belong to God (1), but our God (1), by his God (1), by his gods (1), by my God (1), by the God (1), by your God (1), Elohe (1), for his God (1), for my God (1), for the God (1), for their gods (1), for your God (1), from the God (1), from the gods (1), God Himself is (1), God-given (1), Godly (1), gods of its own (1), her God (1), her gods (1), his God was (1), in my God (1), is God (1), like our God (1), Make God (1), nor with their gods (1), O God (1), of God was (1), of her God (1), of her gods (1), of his gods (1), of the God of (1), on the God (1), or gods (1), our God to us (1), our gods (1), our gods' (1), our own God (1), rather than God (1), than God (1), their own gods (1), to his gods (1), to the gods (1), to their God (1), upon God (1), upon His God (1), with our God (1).

As for the version used:

Do I have to be?

You think any of that means God is three different persons?

It does NOT say elohim means more than one person making one God.

By the way, you think Mr. Strong is qualified to say God is three different persons?

He was taught the trinity doctrine from the Catholics too.

Just because it is claimed the word can mean god(s) doesn't mean it is always gods.

It certainly doesn't mean one God is three different and separate PERSONS making one God.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
There aren't three separate and different persons making one God.

God IS SINGULAR.

Nope.

Elohim

cherub -> cherubim
seraph -> seraphim
nephil -> nephilim

Thus

Eloh -> Elohim

N-MP

Grammatical Categories:

h430

Strong's h430

- Translated as (count):
Spoiler

As for the version used:

Do I have to be?

You think any of that means God is three different persons?

The claim that you made was that God is singular.

The point of my posts was that God is not singular, as per your claim, but that He is, in fact, described as a plurality.

It does NOT say elohim means more than one person making one God.

It means that the Bible says that God is a plurality.

Other evidence in the Bible and elsewhere is used to show that God is Triune.

The point I was trying to make wasn't that He was Triune based on that verse, but that based on that verse, we know He is a plurality and not a singularity as you claim.

I'm showing you that your position is wrong, not necessarily that my position is right.

God's Truth

NO, they are NOT "one AND THE SAME". They are both God but they are different persons.
They would be different and separate GODS then.

And, ONCE AGAIN, you MISSED the POINT.

Jesus, the SON OF GOD, existed BEFORE ANYTHING WAS CREATED. The SON OF GOD is GOD and CREATED ALL THINGS.

The Bible says God the Father created all things. The Bible says Jesus created all things.

Which one are you going to pick to say created all things?
Jesus did not "become the son" at His incarnation. That is what the BIBLE says.

Jesus was called a son when he came to earth.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

No, they wouldn't.

The Bible says God the Father created all things.

Please quote the verse that says "God the Father created all things" and not simply "God created all things."

The Bible says Jesus created all things.

Jesus was for eternity past and is and always will be the Son of God.

God's Truth

The claim that you made was that God is singular.
God is singular.

God says He is one.

The word 'God' is singular as not having an 's' at the end of it.

The point of my posts was that God is not singular, as per your claim, but that He is, in fact, described as a plurality.
No He isn't. He says many times He is one. He doesn't say He is three separate and different Persons making one God.

The Almighty God can do anything He wants, and He made Himself a body, and came to earth as a human and died for us.

It means that the Bible says that God is a plurality.

Other evidence in the Bible and elsewhere is used to show that God is Triune.
There are three, but the three are the one and the same only God.

The point I was trying to make wasn't that He was Triune based on that verse, but that based on that verse, we know He is a plurality and not a singularity as you claim.

I'm showing you that your position is wrong, not necessarily that my position is right.

That is the same difference.

That information you gave does not mean God is three different and separate people making one God.

God's Truth

No, they wouldn't.

Please quote the verse that says "God the Father created all things" and not simply "God created all things."

All things were created by God the Father, Malachi 2:10

Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us? why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother, by profaning the covenant of our fathers?

Jesus was for eternity past and is and always will be the Son of God.

So who do you say created all things, the Father, or the Son?

Right Divider

Body part
No they wouldn't be.

The Bible says God the Father created all things. The Bible says Jesus created all things.

GOD CREATED ALL THINGS.

Jesus has ALWAYS been the SON OF GOD. I showed you the scripture. Why don't you believe the scripture?

Joh 17:5 KJV And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

Again, you cannot handle SIMPLE logic.
  • Jesus, the Son of God, CREATED ALL THINGS.
  • Since Jesus, the Son of God, ALREADY existed BEFORE ANYTHING was created, He did NOT "become the son" at His incarnation.
Simple and irrefutable logic.

God's Truth

No they wouldn't be.

GOD CREATED ALL THINGS.

Jesus has ALWAYS been the SON OF GOD. I showed you the scripture. Why don't you believe the scripture?

Joh 17:5 KJV And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

Again, you cannot handle SIMPLE logic.
  • Jesus, the Son of God, CREATED ALL THINGS.
  • Since Jesus, the Son of God, ALREADY existed BEFORE ANYTHING was created, He did NOT "become the son" at His incarnation.
Simple and irrefutable logic.

Jesus was God from the beginning.

Now, who created everything, God the Father, or the Son?

Malachi 2:10 Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us? why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother, by profaning the covenant of our fathers?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
God is singular.

Argument from repitition.

GT, out of curiousity, do you know the difference between single and singular?

God says He is one.

And? So what?

One crowd of people is still a plurality, because it's more than one person.

The one God is a plurality, because He is three persons.

The word 'God' is singular as not having an 's' at the end of it.

Yes, the English translation of scripture uses the singular form of the word God.

This does not change the FACT that the Hebrew uses the plural form of the word for God. And since HEBREW was the language the Old Testament was written in originally, it has priority for the intended meaning.

This does not change the FACT that God (the being, not the word "God") is a plurality, based on the FACT that the Hebrew uses not once or twice but literally THOUSANDS OF TIMES the plural form of Eloah when referring to God, "Elohim."

No He isn't.

Uh, yes, He is, and I literally just showed you that He is described as a plurality.

He says many times He is one.

"One" can mean a plurality. And in the case of the Shema Yisrael, "one" is used to describe the plurality of God, because it's describing a unity, not a singularity. The same with man and woman becoming "one flesh," two persons becoming a plurality of one.

He doesn't say He is three separate and different Persons making one God.

Not the argument I'm making currently.

The Almighty God can do anything He wants, and He made Himself a body, and came to earth as a human and died for us.

No one said otherwise.

There are three, but the three are the one and the same only God.

I'll let Right Divider deal with this part.

That is the same difference.

No, GT, it's not, and saying it's the same is presenting a false dichotomy, because it assumes that either your position or my position is correct, and that there are no other position to consider, which is clearly false, as both you AND I could be wrong, though not likely.

That information you gave does not mean God is three different and separate people making one God.

Again, not my argument.

What it DOES mean is that your claim, "God is singular," is false, because the Bible shows God to be a plurality from the first verse in the Bible.

God being triune is a separate argument altogether, but in order to have the possibility of even making the argument, you have to be shown that God is not singular in nature, like Allah is, but plural in nature, such that He is multiple Persons as the one God.