Jesus Has ALREADY Reconciled Us and the World to God. No Religion Was Needed

flintstoned

Please don't pull my statements out of context. That is a very unfair thing to do on a Forum.

I don't have to explain God's word, it speaks for itself, unfortunately you are spiritually deaf and unable to hear it.

If God has ALREADY reconciled us and the world unto himself by Jesus Christ, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. Then the only thing for you to do is to accept God's offer and be reconciled unto God by Jesus Christ.

That doesn't even make any sense! How can you already be reconciled before you accept an offer to be reconciled? And if the world is already reconciled, then there is no need to offer that which they already have.

The word "predestination" is not used in the Bible as to someones salvation. There is no scripture in the Bible about anyone being predestinated to heaven or to hell.

Please tell us who has claimed that scripture specifically says that people are predestined to heaven or hell. However, there is scripture which says that God predestined a certain people to ultimately be glorified. In Pate's world, where do glorified people go?

Robert Pate

Banned
You do realize that the "US" that Paul is referring to here are believers, right? He is addressing the "church in Corinth and the Christians throughout Achaia." And yes, believers, ARE reconciled to God by Jesus.

I don't think anyone has said that religion is a requirement.

I can see that you don't get it. You don't seem to understand what predestination means. Predestination comes before reconciliation. God predestined (before the foundation of the world) that his elect would be reconciled to Him through belief in Jesus. He provided the means for this to happen through his grace.

What? The whole world has not already been reconciled. What gave you that idea?

I guess you don't know the difference between past tense and present tense? This says that God was in Christ reconciling the world unto himself. It doesn't say that He has already reconciled the world! That is the whole purpose of the gospel, the message and ministry of reconciliation: That Jesus provides the means to be reconciled to God.

No one has been predestinated to salvation. That is a false doctrine that was conceived in the mind of John Calvin, better known as the heretic.

Predestination makes God unjust. How can you possibly believe and have faith in a God that predestinates billions of people to hell before they are born? Answer is, you can't. It is not possible to have saving faith in a God that would do such a horrible thing as that. The God of Calvinism is not the God of the Bible.

God has already reconciled the world unto himself by Jesus Christ, 2 Corinthians 5:19. So that now... "Whosoever that shall call on the name of the lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

You need to dump Calvinism and trust in Christ to save you, otherwise you will never see heaven.

flintstoned

Reconciliation is a two way street.

Jesus has ALREADY reconciled you to God by his life, death and resurrection. But nothing is yours until it is received by faith.

God is not going to force you or impose upon you something that you may not want or believe in.

This is why the scripture says... "But as many as received him, to them gave he the power to become the Sons of God, even to then that believe upon his name" John 1:12.

God is extending his hand to you to be reconciled unto him by Jesus Christ. You can either accept his offer of reconciliation or you can reject it.

Yes, reconciliation IS a two way street, which is why you can't already be reconciled before you accept an offer to be reconciled. You contradict yourself above by saying that Jesus has already reconciled people to God, then saying He is making an offer to be reconciled.

Robert Pate

Banned
Yes, reconciliation IS a two way street, which is why you can't already be reconciled before you accept an offer to be reconciled. You contradict yourself above by saying that Jesus has already reconciled people to God, then saying He is making an offer to be reconciled.

Jesus has already reconciled the whole world to God, but nothing is yours until you receive it, John 1:12.

Salvation has been provided for everyone by the doing and the dying of Jesus, Hebrews 2:9.

But there are some like yourself that refuse to accept the offer of reconciliation and want to be saved some other way.

Ben Masada

Jesus Has Already Reconciled Us and the World to God; No Religion Was Needed.

If Jesus had already reconciled us and the world to God, why would he warn us to listen to "Moses" aka the Law? (Luke 16:29-31) I think there is a paradox right there. Then again, you must be mistaken for not knowing the Scriptures as Prophet Ezekiel says in 18:3,20 that no one can die to reconcile another with God.

beloved57

If Jesus had already reconciled us and the world to God, why would he warn us to listen to "Moses" aka the Law? (Luke 16:29-31) I think there is a paradox right there. Then again, you must be mistaken for not knowing the Scriptures as Prophet Ezekiel says in 18:3,20 that no one can die to reconcile another with God.

How about Golden calf worship?Does that warn us to listen to moses and the law?

beloved57

Jesus has already reconciled the whole world to God, but nothing is yours until you receive it, John 1:12.

Salvation has been provided for everyone by the doing and the dying of Jesus, Hebrews 2:9.

But there are some like yourself that refuse to accept the offer of reconciliation and want to be saved some other way.

False comments not found in scripture !

flintstoned

So which is it? Is the world already reconciled, or is it just an offer? If the whole world, which includes believers and non-believers, is already reconciled, then why does anyone need to believe in Jesus? There would be no need to accept any offer because they are already reconciled!!!!

Robert Pate

Banned
So which is it? Is the world already reconciled, or is it just an offer? If the whole world, which includes believers and non-believers, is already reconciled, then why does anyone need to believe in Jesus? There would be no need to accept any offer because they are already reconciled!!!!

You have a Calvinist mind set.

Jesus has reconciled the whole world unto God. As far as God is concerned sin, death and the devil have been abolished and God is at peace with the world, Colossians 1:20.

However, nothing is yours if you don't receive it. You must enter in to this reconciliation that God has provided for you in Jesus Christ.

"And you that were sometimes alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now has he reconciled" Colossians 1:21.

They were alienated and enemies of God by wicked works. But after they received the reconciliation they were saved and became friends of God because they believed the Gospel, Colossians 1:23.

Nanja

Your comments always please your demonic Calvinist god that delights in sending people to hell.

What God does with His Creation is His Business!

Scripture declares that GOD does with all of His Created beings according to His Will.

Dan. 4:35
And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?

Rom. 9:22-23
What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction: And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory

Rom. 9:21
Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

Job 23:13-14
But he is in one mind, and who can turn him? and what his soul desireth, even that he doeth. For he performeth the thing that is appointed for me: and many such things are with him.

Give Him Praise!

Robert Pate

Banned

Scripture declares that GOD does with all of His Created beings according to His Will.

And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?

What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction: And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory

Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

But he is in one mind, and who can turn him? and what his soul desireth, even that he doeth. For he performeth the thing that is appointed for me: and many such things are with him.

Give Him Praise!

Of course you are wrong.

God is bound by his holy, just, merciful, righteous character and nature.

He cannot and will not sin against himself or his created beings. All that God does is right.

You have a very low opinion of God and his Son Jesus Christ. I doubt very much that you have saving faith. You cannot believe that God predestinates people to hell before they are born and still have saving faith in him.

Bard_the_Bowman

There are two churches on the earth.

Ok. I might be able to believe that. IF you can show me where the Bible says that.

Where does the Bible say that again? (It doesn't, does it? YOU said it. Not good enough.)

1. The church that is conceived by man, which is the church of religion.

And where does the Bible say that? (It doesn't, does it? YOU said it. Not good enough.)

And you are still dodging my question to you: If Christianity isn't a religion than what is it?
2. And then there is the true church. The true church does not have a building or a paid staff.

And the Bible says that where? (It doesn't, does it? YOU are saying quite a lot of things that are not stated in the Bible, it seems.)

It is the church of blood bought believers in Jesus Christ.

Amen!!!

It is an invisible church,

Right. Sortof like a lamp hidden under a bushel basket. A light to the world...that nobody can see.

Sorry, I have failed to find your above statement in the Bible. (It isn't there is it? YOU said that....not the Bible.)

that was founded on the work and the person of Jesus Christ. The purpose of this church is to be a witness for Christ and his Gospel.

Amen!!

Why do you mix so much of your own opinion and non-biblical statements in with a few Scripture verses?

In the balance, your belief system looks like home-made Christianity to me....not Biblical Christianity.

Peace.

Nanja

Nanja

Of course you are wrong.

God is bound by his holy, just, merciful, righteous character and nature.

He cannot and will not sin against himself or his created beings. All that God does is right.

You have a very low opinion of God and his Son Jesus Christ. I doubt very much that you have saving faith. You cannot believe that God predestinates people to hell before they are born and still have saving faith in him.

Of course you don't believe or understand the scriptures, they are hid from you.
You don't know God, because you are not of God.

flintstoned

You have a Calvinist mind set.

Jesus has reconciled the whole world unto God. As far as God is concerned sin, death and the devil have been abolished and God is at peace with the world, Colossians 1:20.

No! Unbelievers are NOT already reconciled to God! Sin separates man from God, so please tell me where it says in the bible that the whole world is already reconciled. And sin, death, and the devil still exist and have a hold on much of the world today. What world do you live in?

two-kinds-of-people.jpg

However, nothing is yours if you don't receive it. You must enter in to this reconciliation that God has provided for you in Jesus Christ.

"And you that were sometimes alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now has he reconciled" Colossians 1:21.

They were alienated and enemies of God by wicked works. But after they received the reconciliation they were saved and became friends of God because they believed the Gospel, Colossians 1:23.

Yes, only believers are reconciled. NOT the whole world.