ECT JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF FOUNDED THE CATHOLIC CHURCH

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
You mean the tridentines and the modernists, pre council post councilists, orthodox and charismatics

The homosexuals

The pro female anti female lobbyists....there are about 30,000 other splits in the RCC

They are united in lip only, there are as many [if not more] abortions carried out on RC women as anybody else, they use birth control.....they live like the devil

But there they are at mass .... united

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
You mean the tridentines and the modernists, pre council post councilists, orthodox and charismatics

The homosexuals

The pro female anti female lobbyists....there are about 30,000 other splits in the RCC

They are united in lip only, there are as many [if not more] abortions carried out on RC women as anybody else, they use birth control.....they live like the devil

But there they are at mass .... united

where are you when we are at mass?

turbosixx

No, you simply failed to heed the warning in Romans 11:25;

What did they fail to see due to their blindness? The restored kingdom Jesus was setting up where he sits on the throne of David and defeats all of Israels enemies?

Last edited:

turbosixx

That verse has been twisted and a false doctrine built around it. For starters, if we look at the original Greek it was written in by the Holy Spirit "this rock" is feminine, Petra. Peter is always referred to as masculine as he should in any language, Petros. Therefore, "this rock" cannot be referring to Peter.

Let's assume for argument sake that "is" what the passage is saying. Where is the supporting proof?? Can you show me one single instance?

If we suppose that "this rock" is referring to Jesus being the Christ and Christ is the rock we can find supporting scripture.

1 Cor. 10:4 all drank the same spiritual drink, for they were drinking from a spiritual rock which followed them; and the rock was Christ.
In this case just as in Matt. 16, the rock here is Petra.

Here is a verse that talks about God's house being built on a foundation. So if Peter is the rock the church is built on surely we will see it here.
Eph. 2:20 having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the corner stone,
It says "apostles" plural, not on Peter and the only rock/stone mentioned is Jesus.

There is ZERO evidence to support the "claim" that the church was built upon Peter.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
That verse has been twisted and a false doctrine built around it. For starters, if we look at the original Greek it was written in by the Holy Spirit "this rock" is feminine, Petra. Peter is always referred to as masculine as he should in any language, Petros. Therefore, "this rock" cannot be referring to Peter.

Let's assume for argument sake that "is" what the passage is saying. Where is the supporting proof?? Can you show me one single instance?

Jesus asked peter to feed His sheep

turbosixx

Jesus asked peter to feed His sheep

That's not putting him in charge. Again, this is a weak scripture to base a doctrine upon. This is before Pentecost, do we see Peter in charge after this?

Why do you think Jesus asked him three times if he loved him? I believe it's because he denied Jesus three times and he got three confirmations that Peter loved him making up for the three denials.

What makes more sense, that the church is built upon Peter,11 But when Cephas came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he stood condemned. or Jesus who is the Christ and who died for us and who is God himself?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
That's not putting him in charge. Again, this is a weak scripture to base a doctrine upon. This is before Pentecost, do we see Peter in charge after this?

Why do you think Jesus asked him three times if he loved him?

in the bible we have
-one flock
-one shepherd
-and Jesus is clearly the shepherd
-so
-why would Jesus ask peter three times to feed His sheep?

HisServant

in the bible we have
-one flock
-one shepherd
-and Jesus is clearly the shepherd
-so

Because to the Hebrews, repeating something 3 times was the way they emphasized something. Like Holy, Holy, Holy.

The apostles lives were to drastically change as they transitioned from disciples to teachers.

It also had nothing to do with the 'primacy' of Peter.. because Jesus had said prior, that it was not his job to elevate one disciple over the other (when the disciples were arguing who was the greatest).

All of the apostles were equal brothers... that is something the RCC has forgotten.

turbosixx

Again, this is reading much more into the passage than what it’s actually saying. Feed/tend the sheep wasn’t only given to Peter. That responsibility was given to the elders.
Acts 20:17 From Miletus he sent to Ephesus and called to him the elders of the church…....28 Be on guard for yourselves and for all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood.

Peter was also an elder which is a real position that requires qualifications to be met.
1 Pt. 5:1 Therefore, I exhort the elders among you, as your fellow elder and witness of the sufferings of Christ, and a partaker also of the glory that is to be revealed, 2 shepherd the flock of God among you,

I believe Jesus asked Peter three times if he loved him He said to him the third time, "Simon, son of John, do you love Me?" because Peter denied him three times.

Last edited:

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
A careful reading of John 21 will show that Peter was not martyred as RCC mythology would have it but that he would die in a good old age...and we see in his letter that he did live to be very old
AD 64 was 31 years after the Lord ascended and the Church began (at Pentecost in AD 33). According to tradition, Peter was older than the Lord was, so that would have him at older than 64 years old when he died. That's a good old age, don't you think?
The RCC has no history for this period only mythology....my nose tells me that church history in the first hundred years has been "cleaned up"

....That is what usurpers do
Isn't it also possible that the Lord's promise in Matthew 16:18 extended at least through the first century, if not much much later?