James White to Debate Bob Enyart on Open Theism

Christian Liberty

That's because you walk by sight....a natural man who doesn't understand the things of the Spirit.

THis is a massive leap in logic.

No doubt you can't be "filled in" since you are carnal. Those in the body of Christ know me.
Really? If that isn't prideful I don't know what is. I'm guessing there are a least ten thousand Christians who do not know me for every one who does. Probably way more than that.

You continue to show yourself filled with pride unable to humble yourself in the sight of the Lord....which is why you have not yet been crucified and raised into newness of life. You give yourself away with every post you make.

Pride is a sin that is automatically indicative of lostness? I haven't read any verse that says that.

You are lost, I have no problem telling you that. It isn't because you fail to dot your i's and cross your t's....it's because your pride in self has not yet been to the cross.

This is an absurd thing to accuse a Reformed believer of. This applies to every Arminian ever before it applies to me. Unlike you, I know I did NOTHING in order to be saved. God raised my dead skeleton to life, no participation from me whatsoever. I believe because God saved me. Had it been up to me, I would have rejected him.

That said, I agree that you are not accusing me of failing to dot my i's and crossing my t's. I am wondering if Nang has fallen into doing that with AMR. I suspect that you and I believe completely different gospels, and that yours includes some type of works as a prerequesite to being saved.

"Legally" is as far as it goes. Yes, you're still a child and carnal.....not yet created IN CHRIST.....else you wouldn't be boasting about your flesh.

I wasn't boasting, just showing you factually how you are wrong.
I haven't read many of your posts, but 90 per cent of those I have read, I see you bragging about how smart you are. It' is a sure sign that you are not a spiritual man.
[/QUOTE]

This place is a cesspool of stupidity, as is most of the planet frankly. The more I talk to people the more I see how people fail to make even basic leaps in logic, ESPECIALLY on TOL. I do not know why this is. Maybe its prideful for me to say that. I'm glad Christ chose to forgive me despite my resistance...

I failed to read AMR's definition of reprobate....which doesn't make me an idiot, little boy. It only shows me that you are a baby. :baby:

A reprobate is someone who is non-elect and who's eternal destiny will ultimately be Hell. THe fact that you quoted AMR without reading his post shows once again that you are an idiot.

My point was, and I continue to maintain, that Nang must humble herself before she can be saved. She hasn't shown any signs of having done that, nor does she listen to the basic Gospel so she can be saved.

Do you even know what the gospel is?

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
I don't recall anyone in this thread that I would consider devoid of salvific faith.

I'm troubled by all the lashing out at that level, though I realize much of it is from raw emotion.

So far, nobody here is reprobate, since that's well beyond lacking current salvific faith.

If someone would like to observe lack of salvific faith and at least the possibility of reprobation, I'd refer them to the esotericist threads and posts of freelight, Caino, and several others in those threads.

I don't have any reason to doubt the professed faith of Nang, AMR, glorydaz, or even SOZO.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Your only and constant entree IS your hat, then.
:yawn:

No, I haven't read the story. You're a grammar nazi, but this post did make me smile.
Shame on you for making light of the Holocaust and what he Nazis did and stood for by diminishing the name by which they called themselves by using it in reference to something incomparable to the atrocities they committed.

FACT: I am 19 years old, legally an adult
That does not preclude you from being a child.

Christian Liberty

Shame on you for making light of the Holocaust and what he Nazis did and stood for by diminishing the name by which they called themselves by using it in reference to something incomparable to the atrocities they committed.

I wasn't intending to compare you to actual nazis. Its an expression. I don't actually think you are a nazi...

glorydaz

We come to Him as a little child. Strong meat belongs to those who are of full age.

And there are roles for the perfecting of the saints. Til we all come to the perfect man; to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ.

Our hearts of faith are to always be that of little children, but we're supposed to become adults in the faith.

That's the problem, when an adult dares say anything about maturity and completeness in Christ.

And the longer we walk with the Lord, the more we realize how little we actually know. That's really the way humility works.....and is the proof of true maturity.

It's actually the inverse, since the Hebrew mind wasn't able to process typology and the like that was prolifically included throughout the OT canon.

You really are a dolt. :nono:

This is the problem with the linear minded Greek. He moves from left to right always leaving behind what was before. That is NOT the way God intended which is why the Hebrew language is based on cyclical thinking. Spring, summer, fall, and winter....year after year. The Greeks came along and destroyed the pattern God had intended. To the Greek, the path of righteousness becomes a road where everything is new.....the old is left behind, and nothing is learned from the past. Your statement is proof that your mind has been tampered with according to Greek philosophy. The Hebrew way of thinking says the path of righteousness is to go around in a circle. The very Hebrew word for "path" Psalm 23:3, for instance, is agol....make a cycle....a groove worn in the dirt as the oxen tread around and around. The path of righteousness then becomes a habit which is repeated over and over and is done automatically.

glorydaz

Pride is a sin that is automatically indicative of lostness? I haven't read any verse that says that.

I'm sure you haven't.

Luke 18:14
I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Unlike you, I know I did NOTHING in order to be saved. God raised my dead skeleton to life, no participation from me whatsoever. I believe because God saved me. Had it been up to me, I would have rejected him.

Do you even know what the gospel is?

I do. Clearly, you don't.

Romans 10:9-13
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.​

Christian Liberty

I'm sure you haven't.

Luke 18:14
I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

What does that have to do with my statement?

I do. Clearly, you don't.

Romans 10:9-13
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.​

Correct. Now, John 10:26-27 tells you why certain people believe and others don't. And it all relates back to John 10:15.

glorydaz

What does that have to do with my statement?

I'm not surprised you don't get it.

Correct. Now, John 10:26-27 tells you why certain people believe and others don't. And it all relates back to John 10:15.

No, you're trying to put the cart before the horse. It's ever the fall back position of those who refuse to acknowledge that the Gospel is the power of God unto salvation. Romans 10:14

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
And the longer we walk with the Lord, the more we realize how little we actually know.

Scripture, please. Enough with the concepts from high-context human logos that isn't God's rhema.

That's really the way humility works.....and is the proof of true maturity.

Intentional OR incidental ignorance is NOT humility OR maturity. Love abounds in epignosis knowledge, and we are to have understanding (dianoia and suniemi) from wisdom and prudence (sophia and phronesis).

But we're actually talking about two different things because all you have is concepts. You just don't know it reinforces my points about linguistics.

You really are a dolt. :nono:

Is this part of that alleged maturity you were speaking of, and attempting to now "school" me with all your puffed up gnosis that isn't epignosis abounding from love?

This is the problem with the linear minded Greek.

This has nothing to do with the contrast between high-context lanugages (LIKE English) and low-context languages (LIKE Greek). And I'm not "linear minded". That would be the deluded Open Theists.

He moves from left to right always leaving behind what was before. That is NOT the way God intended which is why the Hebrew language is based on cyclical thinking. Spring, summer, fall, and winter....year after year.

Yeah. They didn't even have terms for time. Past, present, and future weren't expressed. The past was in front of them, and they were backing into the future. That's only one facet of what you contend is a dichotomy. We needed BOTH Testaments and BOTH languages, each for their respective purposes.

The Greeks came along and destroyed the pattern God had intended.

Yeah, that must be why the Holy Spirit authored the entire New Testament in Greek. Get real. And when are you gonna quit throwing God and His inspired Word under the bus like that?

To the Greek, the path of righteousness becomes a road where everything is new.....the old is left behind, and nothing is learned from the past.

More false dichotomy, and then diversion of the topic to Hebrew/Greek instead of low-/high-context languages without even knowing what I've been talking about.

Your statement is proof that your mind has been tampered with according to Greek philosophy.

No. It's proof you're talking about Hebrew versus Greek when I haven't been, except to illustrate a few points in response that you've now made completely tangential. (Even though you're not a linguist.)

The Hebrew way of thinking says the path of righteousness is to go around in a circle. The very Hebrew word for "path" Psalm 23:3, for instance, is agol....make a cycle....a groove worn in the dirt as the oxen tread around and around. The path of righteousness then becomes a habit which is repeated over and over and is done automatically.

Yeah, and that's an essential facet. You've left off much in your misplaced zeal to pursue anther topic.

You don't have any idea how high-context language has sculptued both your sub-conscious and conscious mind and heart, and your expression. That's evidenced with your posts.

I'm still down here at the foundation of epignosis watching your puffed up gnosis balloon soar by as you rant. My only intent was to provide you with some vital information that has changed the lives of many others.

You don't want to know. That's fine. No need to converse with you about it and endure your wrath-fits, I suppose.

Enjoy the street fight about old wounds on TOL.

Last edited:

glorydaz

Scripture, please. Enough with the concepts from high-context human logos that isn't God's rhema.

Intentional OR incidental ignorance is NOT humility OR maturity. Love abounds in epignosis knowledge, and we are to have understanding (dianoia and suniemi) from wisdom and prudence (sophia and phronesis).

But we're actually talking about two different things because all you have is concepts. You just don't know it reinforces my points about linguistics.

Is this part of that alleged maturity you were speaking of, and attempting to now "school" me with all your puffed up gnosis that isn't epignosis abounding from love?

This has nothing to do with the contrast between high-context lanugages (LIKE English) and low-context languages (LIKE Greek). And I'm not "linear minded". That would be the deluded Open Theists.

Yeah. They didn't even have terms for time. Past, present, and future weren't expressed. The past was in front of them, and they were backing into the future. That's only one facet of what you contend is a dichotomy. We needed BOTH Testaments and BOTH languages, each for their respective purposes.

Yeah, that must be why the Holy Spirit authored the entire New Testament in Greek. Get real. And when are you gonna quit throwing God and His inspired Word under the bus like that?

More false dichotomy, and then diversion of the topic to Hebrew/Greek instead of low-/high-context languages without even knowing what I've been talking about.

No. It's proof you're talking about Hebrew versus Greek when I haven't been, except to illustrate a few points in response that you've now made completely tangential. (Even though you're not a linguist.)

Yeah, and that's an essential facet. You've left off much in your misplaced zeal to pursue anther topic.

You don't have any idea how high-context language has sculptued both your sub-conscious and conscious mind and heart, and your expression. That's evidenced with your posts.

I'm still down here at the foundation of epignosis watching your puffed up gnosis balloon soar by as you rant. My only intent was to provide you with some vital information that has changed the lives of many others.

You don't want to know. That's fine. No need to converse with you about it and endure your wrath-fits, I suppose.

Enjoy the street fight about old wounds on TOL.

I honestly can't force myself to endure your rantings. I can see your pride has been injured, so when you settle down a bit perhaps you'll have something I can read.