It's all Greek to me - looking for a Greek language expert?

jshugart

I see Jerry answering questions all the time. Many times the person doesn't want to hear the answer he gives, so they dismiss it. But the answer is there. Other times, I see what I'm seeing with your post...it's very unclear exactly what it is you want. I would hate to be the one who was trying to figure out exactly what you're asking. So far...none seem to get it. :idunno:

We had a long discussion in a private email thread. I was being vague for a reason. He knows what we were talking about.

Perhaps it is only me that he treats the way he does.

It doesn't matter, I will discuss anything other than theology with him from now on.

You have a nice day.

God's Truth

Hello,

I am having a lively debate with my father about the meaning of a Greek text. Now I am not looking to argue with anyone here. All I'm doing is looking for someone who can take a Greek sentence and explain how the tense and structure is or could possible be.

Don't ask what verse, as that will just start a flame war. I'd prefer the Greek expert be Christian, so my father can not say I found an expert that comes from my own worldview and might be biased in my direction.

I am not looking for anything other than the truth, and as I know I can't read Greek, and my father doesn't know Greek, I would rather not have the blind leading the blind here, if you know what I mean.

Thank you

God reveals His Truth to those who obey Him.

He brings His words to us in our language.

Why argue about words?

Just do what God says and He will then give you understanding.