It's All Buddha

BChristianK

The Sabbath was for the Dispensation of Law, so is inaplicable for us as Members os the Body.
A good dispensational answer, just what I thought you woud say.

So, why should the levitical penalties for homosexuality be applicable for us today if the laws of the sabbath aren't?
Doesn't that strike you as a bit inconsistent theologically?

We're all still learning...... :)

Grace and Peace

beanieboy

Originally posted by Dread Helm

Not that I don't like, Criminals. And also, I love Homos enough to tell them that unless they repent they will be sent to hell for eternal damnation. Isn't that more loving, than the nonconfrontational "love" that will "love" them right into hell?
And No, I did accecpt Jesus, the son of the ONE TRUE GOD, into my heart. I'm worried about you, who would love them right to hell. That's not the God of the Bible.

This is false witness.

It is like a father that beats his son so hard, that his kid limps for a week because he said, shut up.

You say, You shouldn't beat your kid like that.
The father says, "which should I do, beat my child because I love him and want to discipline him, or let him do whatever he wants?"

There is an option C. Discipline them, but within reason.
You can slap the hand of a two year old and make them cry. You don't need to take a rod and beat them half an inch from their life.

So what you set up is a lie - a false witness.

And you keep saying that you love homos, and want them to repent (before arresting them and executing them.)
Hollow words.

Christine

Originally posted by BChristianK

A good dispensational answer, just what I thought you woud say.

So, why should the levitical penalties for homosexuality be applicable for us today if the laws of the sabbath aren't?
Doesn't that strike you as a bit inconsistent theologically?

We're all still learning...... :)

Grace and Peace
Perhaps it's backed up in the New Testament, unlike keeping the Sabbath.
Yes, I'm still learning.

BChristianK

Originally posted by Christine

Perhaps it's backed up in the New Testament, unlike keeping the Sabbath.
Yes, I'm still learning.

Perhaps it is, but if it is, I haven't found it yet.

And I'm still learning too.

Grace and Peace

Cyrus of Persia

1 Kings 14:24
And there were also sodomites in the land: and they did according to all the abominations of the nations which the LORD cast out before the children of Israel.

1 Kings 15:12
And he banished the sodomites from the land, and removed all the idols that his fathers had made.

1 Kings 22:46
And the remnant of the sodomites, which remained in the days of his father Asa, he removed from the land.

Do you know what was the sin of sodomites? Let us clear this up before using this word.

1 Corinthians 6:9
Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,

1 Timothy 1:10
and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching,

Greek word used here is "arsenokoitees" what is translated in dictionary as "male sexual pervert". It can mean any pedophile, zoophile, incest-lover, etc. It's not even used in Rom 1:27 what condemns homosexualism besides many other things. Can anybody give us some literature where the same is used for homosexualism outside of the NT?

1 Thessalonians 4:3
For this is the will of God, your sanctification; that is, that you abstain from sexual immorality;

Nothing about homosexualism per se.

Nothing AGAINST Homos in the Bible, huh?

Levitical Law demans their death. Was it God's eternal word, or word speaken in certain time, certain place, to certain people?

Cyrus of Persia

YOURE BIGOTED AGAINST GLUTTONS! And not Homos? MIXED UP PRIORITY ALERT!!! :freak:

You think that your priorities are more correct than Aussie has? Try again. Gluttony IS bigger problem than is homosexualism. Especially because you are too blind to see your sin when you eat as pig and pee on what Jesus said about overeating.

And the boy that was raped by a Homo Priest and later commited suicide, you would say was not physically, emotionally, or spiritually mature enough to HATE homosexuals enough without KNOWING any to want them to all be executed. I think YOU have a demented way of thinking. :nono: :shocked: :freak:

The world if filled with heteros who sexually abuse their kids. Does it gives them right to think that every hetero is pervert and should be executed? By using such logic i start really to believe that you are only 12 years old as you claimed.

Cyrus of Persia

The Sinner, but he should still pay the price for his actions, even if he repented and stopped his evil. The sinner, if he believes, will live in heaven, but should still be executed. Was that supposed to be a trick question? :chuckle:

Yes, and Jesus was wrong about the woman whom Jesus said: "Who is without sin, shoot the first stone". He should have approved her killing, because she broke the Law. Or is homosexualism something special that should be "rewarded" by death, and adulterers should be not executed??

One Eyed Jack

Originally posted by Cyrus of Persia

Of course i read

Well, it looked like you didn't.

I read them from my Estonian Bible, where some wording can be bit different than in this English version, but it still has translated from original Hebrew. It clearly tells me that having sex during menstruation period is wrong and should be punished with death.

Where does it say that?

"Cut off" - "destroyed" (in Estonian Bible), what means should be killed.

No, 'cut off' means to be banished. When the Bible prescribes the death penalty for certain actions, it also generally mentions the means of execution. How does the Bible say to execute a man who commits this sin -- is he to be stoned, caught on fire, or what?

Cyrus of Persia

Yes we shall bring them to justice, but not by a commitee, nor shoot them down in the streets. They will be arrested, detained for a quick and speedy trial, and by the evidence of two or three witnesses, shall face the punishment of their iniquities: Execution.

What about adulterers? What about those who sex during menstruation period? About those who mock God? What about those who hit their parents?

The Law demands their execution too. I just wonder does Dread Helm demands the same?

Cyrus of Persia

Actually that is representative of a firing squad as what the punishment should be. Government's Job. And do you not believe I am a Christian? I have accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior and believe that he rose from the dead. Is that just "passing myself off" or am I a True Christian? I'm interested to see your answer.:thumb:

Q: What is the difference between Inquisitor and Dread Helm?

A: Nothing.

Cyrus of Persia

Originally posted by One Eyed Jack

Well, it looked like you didn't.

I think you should read what Lion said about the matter. How can it be that liberal christian and fundy christian find exactly the same meaning for this word? A miracle? Nope, i call it proper interpretation of the word we are talking about.

One Eyed Jack

Originally posted by Cyrus of Persia

I think you should read what Lion said about the matter.

I read it.

How can it be that liberal christian and fundy christian find exactly the same meaning for this word? A miracle? Nope, i call it proper interpretation of the word we are talking about.

I call it a coincidence. So tell me -- by what method should a man committing this sin be executed?

Cyrus of Persia

Originally posted by One Eyed Jack

I call it a coincidence. So tell me -- by what method should a man committing this sin be executed?

I do not know. Ask maybe from some posters here who are Jews, or into Judaism.

What method was used in OT when executing homos?

Cyrus of Persia

Originally posted by Christine

What denomination (if any) do your beliefs allign with?

My beliefs? Hard to tell. I'm still learning, still discovering God although i have been saved for 12 years, and had some Christian influences before that.

I'm Baptist minister. But it does not mean that my thinking is 100% baptist. Add to it that it's European baptism, not Southern Baptism of U.S., or kinda :chuckle: