Israel (the modern country)

way 2 go

Dragging mothers and daughters off? I think the IDF is getting ready to open a can of whoopasss
US government funded it , Israel government allowed it
US government stands with Israel but left billions of dollars worth of war machine
behind and "released" billions of dollars to Iran
end game ? more fear more control ?

way 2 go

.https://www.coffeeandcovid.com/p/sponsors-monday-october-9-2023-c?utm_source=profile&utm_medium=reader2

It only took me a few seconds of digging to find a prophetic Wall Street Journal story from April headlined, “Iran Is Recruiting Militant Allies to Launch Attacks Against Israel.” Um. The sub-headline added, “Quds Force commander has met leaders of Hamas and Hezbollah in recent weeks to coordinate strikes.”

Here’s a lightly-edited recap of April’s prescient report from the Journal’s sources, which apparently was completely ignored by Israel’s main intelligence agency, Mossad:

General Esmail Qaani, who leads the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps’ elite Quds Force, has held a series of clandestine meetings with militant leaders across the region. The Quds Force chief was in Lebanon last week, where he met with Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh and his deputy Saleh al-Arouri (and others) at the Iranian embassy in Beirut.​

Around the same time, militants in southern Lebanon fired a barrage of rockets at Israel, the largest such attack since the 2006 war between Hezbollah and Israel.​

Israel has cause for concern. Gen. Qaani’s effort to unite Tehran’s allies is a sharp escalation in the undeclared war between Iran and Israel after Israel carried out hundreds of attacks targeting Iran and its proxies across the Middle East.​

Among Tehran’s chief objectives is to prevent its neighbors from establishing diplomatic ties with Israel.​

You’d think there was enough material in just those few paragraphs for Israel to have known what was coming.

Two headlines published this morning in the Times of Israel provided a succinct recap of where the conflict stands as of this morning: first, “IDF says it has regained control of all Gaza border towns but terrorists may remain,” and second, “Air Force pounds Gaza overnight in bid to ‘devastate’ Hamas; rocket fire continues.”

In other words, Israel has not yet started its ground assault, which is surely coming.

🔥 Meanwhile, not waiting around for predictable citizen outrage, Israel has shredded its draconian gun-control regulations that required highly-invasive and annoyingly-repetitive “gun safety” testing, and limited citizens to having 50 bullets. They are trying to get guns into Israeli hands as fast as possible, to stop them from being “shelter in place” sitting ducks.

Too bad they didn’t do it a week ago.

🔥 The developing media narrative is that the weekend attacks are Israel’s 9/11. I think what the media means by this is that the attacks shattered Israeli preconceptions about their internal security and kicked off an endless conflict. But there is a secondary meaning too, and that is the loss of Israel’s naive belief in the good intentions of their government.

Remember back when we found out that the 9/11 hijackers had all trained at flight schools around the U.S. but didn’t care about learning how to land the airplanes? And how the FBI ignored all those clear warning signs and even concerned citizen reports? And then remember how we held a useless 9/11 Commission, which created the Orwellian Department of Homeland Security, which is now busily censoring health information on American’s social media accounts?

Good times.

Welp. That definition of ‘9/11’ now applies to Israel, too. Their own 9/11 commission is coming. A Times of Israel headline this morning reported, “Egypt intelligence official says Israel ignored repeated warnings of ‘something big’.” Huh. How about that. Very much like what happened leading up to 9/11. And we’re just starting to find things out.

When you think about it, the two attacks are indeed oddly similar in many ways. Right-from-the-same playbook similar. Same bad guys. Same use of low-tech techniques. Both surprise attacks. Both massive, inexplicable intelligence failures. There are profound similarities between the two events’ inflammatory, horrifying media imagery and righteous anger from the top.

🔥 Over here in the U.S., the barbaric destruction unleashed at Israel’s failed border is raising some awkward questions about our own American border. The unrest is currently welling out of the GOP’s right wing, but I’m betting the notion will quickly spread toward the political middle, since there is really no effective rebuttal.

Here’s Representative Marjorie Taylor Green (R-Ga.) comments from Saturday:

image 2.png

Former Republican Arizona gubernatorial candidate Kari Lake asked an obvious question yesterday: where are all the women?

image 3.png

There’s a lot I could say about this disastrous border issue, and I probably will say a lot more in coming days. But one thing the Israel attacks have proven beyond argument is that citizen fears about uncontrolled illegal immigration in the U.S. are not hypothetical, exaggerated, or fantastical, these undocumented people are legitimately a clear and present danger.

Republican governors should immediately consider two things. First, if it’s not already done, declare a state of emergency and do everything possible to thwart the federal relocation of illegal migrants into red states. Second, immediately start organizing civilian militias and training citizens how to fight back against a sudden sneak attack like Israel just endured.

There’s no time to waste.

Gary K

Banned
I have some doubts about how this is a "surprise" attack. I have no doubt that the images are real, but doubt as to how this could be a surprise. Mossad is known as the premier intelligence service in the world so how did they miss hundreds of men practicing with gas powered para sails? How did no word escape during the entire time this war was being planned?

There is too much doubt for me to just accept this "surprise" attack. That the MSM is trumpeting this "surprise" makes me even more suspicious. Doesn't the press and the army here in the US tell us that the Ukraine is winning?