Isaiah 53 is about ISRAEL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elia

It is a mistake to believe that only the Hebrews are being addressed. The people who made the nation of Israel were multinational. Converts were not excluded from the laws or peoples.

Bs"d

Only Israel was addressed.

Converts belong to Israel.

Elia

Not Israel after the flesh, for they are not the Children of God Rom 9:8 !

Bs"d

Paul himself admits he is a liar. Don't believe anything he says.

"Serve Y-H-W-H! And if it seems evil to you to serve Y-H-W-H, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell.
But as for me and my house, we will serve Y-H-W-H!.”
Joshua 24:14-15

beloved57

Bs"d

Paul himself admits he is a liar. Don't believe anything he says.

"Serve Y-H-W-H! And if it seems evil to you to serve Y-H-W-H, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell.

Rom 9:8 is the word of God, you reject it, you reject God and His Holy Word !

CherubRam

Bs"d

Only Israel was addressed.

Converts belong to Israel.
People from other lands came out of Egypt with Moses and the Hebrews to form the nation of Israel.

Isaiah 14:1
The Lord will have compassion on Jacob; once again he will choose Israel and will settle them in their own land. Foreigners will join them and unite with the descendants of Jacob.

Isaiah 56:3
Let no foreigner who is bound to the Lord say, “The Lord will surely exclude me from his people.”

Isaiah 56:7
these I will bring to my holy mountain and give them joy in my house of prayer. Their burnt offerings and sacrifices will be accepted on my altar; for my house will be called a house of prayer for all nations.”

Matthew 21:13
“It is written,” he said to them, “‘My house will be called a house of prayer,’ but you are making it ‘a den of robbers.’”

Mark 11:17
And as he taught them, he said, “Is it not written: ‘My house will be called a house of prayer for all nations’? But you have made it ‘a den of robbers.’”

Luke 19:46
“It is written,” he said to them, “‘My house will be a house of prayer’; but you have made it ‘a den of robbers.’”

CherubRam

Bs"d

Please tell me where you read in the Tanach that the Jews would go out to win converts.

And the Torah makes it abundantly clear that the 613 commandments are only for Israel.

For the non-Jews there are the 7 Noachide commandments.

Keep the seven go to heaven!

"For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of Y-H-W-H our God for ever and ever.".

Micah 4:5

Matthew 23:15
“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when you have succeeded, you make them twice as much a child of hell as you are.

Elia

Rom 9:8 is the word of God, you reject it, you reject God and His Holy Word !

Bs"d

That's what they say about the Quran, the book of Mormon, and whatever.

Why is your NT different than the Quran?

Elia

Matthew 23:15
“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when you have succeeded, you make them twice as much a child of hell as you are.

Bs"d

As we all know, the Jews don't try to make converts. The opposite.

So also there the NT is wrong.

"For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of Y-H-W-H our God for ever and ever.".

Elia

People from other lands came out of Egypt with Moses and the Hebrews to form the nation of Israel.

Isaiah 14:1
The Lord will have compassion on Jacob; once again he will choose Israel and will settle them in their own land. Foreigners will join them and unite with the descendants of Jacob.

Bs"d

"Foreigner" here means "convert to Judaism".

And a convert becomes an Israelite.

Truster

Bs"d

Not only the Rabbis say so, Isaiah himself says so.

For the finer details look here: http://Isaiah53.notlong.com

If you had a correct understanding of what Yisra'El means you wouldn't be suffering from such confusion.

beloved57

Bs"d

That's what they say about the Quran, the book of Mormon, and whatever.

Why is your NT different than the Quran?

You may as well go out and start clubbing, hanging in the streets or something, you have total disregard for Gods Truth !

Truster

Bs"d

As we all know, the Jews don't try to make converts. The opposite.

So also there the NT is wrong.

After the third century BC the Hebrews actively sought to make proselytes. There was two types or standards of proselyte and there were ritual conditions each would need to fulfill.
When the Apostles preached the evangelism the proselytes of the second standard not only opposed them but demanded they be put to death.

Elia

You may as well go out and start clubbing, hanging in the streets or something, you have total disregard for Gods Truth !

Bs"d

Can you just answer the question?

Elia

If you had a correct understanding of what Yisra'El means you wouldn't be suffering from such confusion.

Bs"d

If you would be able to count to two, then you wouldn't worship a "God the Father" and a "god the son", and still claim you worship only one God.

"And God spoke all these words, saying, "I am Y-H-W-H your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
YOU SHALL HAVE NO OTHER GODS BEFORE ME
."

Ex 20:1

beloved57

Bs"d

Can you just answer the question?

No I can't answer it, what I can do is quote that the Physical Seed of Abraham Israel are not the Children of God Rom 9:8 !

Truster

Bs"d

If you would be able to count to two, then you wouldn't worship a "God the Father" and a "god the son", and still claim you worship only one God.

"And God spoke all these words, saying, "I am Y-H-W-H your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
YOU SHALL HAVE NO OTHER GODS BEFORE ME
."

Ex 20:1

So I take it by the tone of your reply that you don't understand what Yisra'El means and yet you pretend you do...

Elia

No I can't answer it, what I can do is quote that the Physical Seed of Abraham Israel are not the Children of God Rom 9:8 !

Bs"d

Paul is a self-admitted liar, don't believe anything he says.

God chose ISRAEL:

"For you are a people holy to J-H-W-H your God; J-H-W-H your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on earth to be his people, his treasured possession."
Deut 7:6

"Although heaven and the heaven of heavens belong to J-H-W-H your God, the earth with all that is in it, yet J-H-W-H set his heart in love on your ancestors alone and chose you, their descendants after them, out of all the peoples, as it is today."
Deut 10:14

"For you are a people holy to J-H-W-H your God; it is you J-H-W-H has chosen out of all the peoples on earth to be his people, his treasured possession."
Deut 14:2

"But now hear, O Jacob my servant, Israel whom I have chosen! Thus says J-H-W-H who made you, who formed you in the womb and will help you: Do not fear, O Jacob my servant, Jeshurun whom I have chosen. For I will pour water on the thirsty land, and streams on the dry ground;
I will pour my spirit upon your descendants, and my blessing on your offspring."
Isaiah 44:1

There are many more passages like this, it is clear that Israel is chosen by God.

Chosen for what?

"Now therefore, if you obey my voice and keep my covenant, you shall be my treasured possession out of all the peoples. Indeed, the whole earth is mine, but you shall be for me a priestly kingdom and a holy nation. These are the words that you shall speak to the Israelites.”
Ex 19:6

Can this chosenness be temporarily, or can it be taken away from the Jews?

Thus says J-H-W-H,
who gives the sun for light by day
and the fixed order of the moon and the stars for light by night,
who stirs up the sea so that its waves roar—
J-H-W-H of hosts is his name:
If this fixed order were ever to cease
from my presence, says J-H-W-H,
then also the offspring of Israel would cease
to be a nation before me forever.

Thus says J-H-W-H:
If the heavens above can be measured,
and the foundations of the earth below can be explored,
then I will reject all the offspring of Israel
because of all they have done,
says J-H-W-H.
Jer 31:35

This is like the days of Noah to me:
Just as I swore that the waters of Noah
would never again go over the earth,
so I have sworn that I will not be angry with you
and will not rebuke you.
For the mountains may depart
and the hills be removed,
but my steadfast love shall not depart from you,
and my covenant of peace shall not be removed,
says J-H-W-H, who has compassion on you.
Is 54:10

If Israel sins, will God break the covenant?

When the Jews go astray God will punish them. "But if you will not obey me, and do not observe all these commandments, if you spurn my statutes, and abhor my ordinances, so that you will not observe all my commandments, and you break my covenant, I in turn will do this to you: I will bring terror on you; consumption and fever that waste the eyes and cause life to pine away. You shall sow your seed in vain, for your enemies shall eat it. I will set my face against you, and you shall be struck down by your enemies; your foes shall rule over you, and you shall flee though no one pursues you." (Leviticus 26:14-17) And if they then still don't listen, God will punish them seven times harder: " And if in spite of this you will not obey me, I will continue to punish you sevenfold for your sins. I will break your proud glory, and I will make your sky like iron and your earth like copper. Your strength shall be spent to no purpose: your land shall not yield its produce, and the trees of the land shall not yield their fruit." (ibid :18-22) And if they then still don't listen, God will punish them another seven times harder: "If you continue hostile to me, and will not obey me, I will continue to plague you sevenfold for your sins. I will let loose wild animals against you, and they shall bereave you of your children and destroy your livestock; they shall make you few in number, and your roads shall be deserted." (ibid :23-24) And if they then still refuse to turn back to God, He will punish them another seven times harder: "If in spite of these punishments you have not turned back to me, but continue hostile to me, then I too will continue hostile to you: I myself will strike you sevenfold for your sins. I will bring the sword against you, executing vengeance for the covenant; and if you withdraw within your cities, I will send pestilence among you, and you shall be delivered into enemy hands. When I break your staff of bread, ten women shall bake your bread in a single oven, and they shall dole out your bread by weight; and though you eat, you shall not be satisfied. (ibid :27-28)

But despite all this, God will not break His covenant with the Jewish people: Leviticus 26:44-45; "And yet for all that, I will not cast them away, neither will I abhor them, to destroy them utterly, and to break My covenant with them: For I am J-H-W-H their God. But I will for their sakes remember the covenant of their ancestors, whom I brought forth out of the land of Egypt in the sight of the heathen, that I might be their God: I am J-H-W-H."

"Considerest thou not what this people have spoken, saying: The two families that J-H-W-H hath chosen, He has even cast them of? Thus they have despised My people, that they should no more be a nation before them. Thus saith J-H-W-H: If My covenant be not with day and night, and if I have not appointed the ordinances of heaven and earth; Then will I cast away the seed of Jacob and David my servant, so that I will not take any of his seed to be rulers over the seed of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob: for I will cause their captivety to return and have mercy on them."
Jeremiah 33:24-26

So is God a respector of persons?

"I have loved you, says J-H-W-H. But you say, “How have you loved us?” Is not Esau Jacob’s brother? says J-H-W-H. Yet I have loved Jacob but I have hated Esau;"
Mal 1:2

“And now, Israel, what does J-H-W-H your God require of you, but to fear J-H-W-H your God, to walk in all His ways and to love Him, to serve J-H-W-H your God with all your heart and with all your soul, and to keep the commandments of J-H-W-H and His statutes which I command you today for your good? Indeed heaven and the highest heavens belong to J-H-W-H your God, also the earth with all that is in it. J-H-W-H delighted only in your fathers, to love them; and He chose their descendants after them, you above all peoples, as it is this day."
Deut 10:12

Apperently, He is.

beloved57

Bs"d

Paul is a self-admitted liar, don't believe anything he says.

God chose ISRAEL:

"For you are a people holy to J-H-W-H your God; J-H-W-H your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on earth to be his people, his treasured possession."
Deut 7:6

"Although heaven and the heaven of heavens belong to J-H-W-H your God, the earth with all that is in it, yet J-H-W-H set his heart in love on your ancestors alone and chose you, their descendants after them, out of all the peoples, as it is today."
Deut 10:14

"For you are a people holy to J-H-W-H your God; it is you J-H-W-H has chosen out of all the peoples on earth to be his people, his treasured possession."
Deut 14:2

"But now hear, O Jacob my servant, Israel whom I have chosen! Thus says J-H-W-H who made you, who formed you in the womb and will help you: Do not fear, O Jacob my servant, Jeshurun whom I have chosen. For I will pour water on the thirsty land, and streams on the dry ground;
I will pour my spirit upon your descendants, and my blessing on your offspring."
Isaiah 44:1

There are many more passages like this, it is clear that Israel is chosen by God.

Chosen for what?

"Now therefore, if you obey my voice and keep my covenant, you shall be my treasured possession out of all the peoples. Indeed, the whole earth is mine, but you shall be for me a priestly kingdom and a holy nation. These are the words that you shall speak to the Israelites.”
Ex 19:6

Can this chosenness be temporarily, or can it be taken away from the Jews?

Thus says J-H-W-H,
who gives the sun for light by day
and the fixed order of the moon and the stars for light by night,
who stirs up the sea so that its waves roar—
J-H-W-H of hosts is his name:
If this fixed order were ever to cease
from my presence, says J-H-W-H,
then also the offspring of Israel would cease
to be a nation before me forever.

Thus says J-H-W-H:
If the heavens above can be measured,
and the foundations of the earth below can be explored,
then I will reject all the offspring of Israel
because of all they have done,
says J-H-W-H.
Jer 31:35

This is like the days of Noah to me:
Just as I swore that the waters of Noah
would never again go over the earth,
so I have sworn that I will not be angry with you
and will not rebuke you.
For the mountains may depart
and the hills be removed,
but my steadfast love shall not depart from you,
and my covenant of peace shall not be removed,
says J-H-W-H, who has compassion on you.
Is 54:10

If Israel sins, will God break the covenant?

When the Jews go astray God will punish them. "But if you will not obey me, and do not observe all these commandments, if you spurn my statutes, and abhor my ordinances, so that you will not observe all my commandments, and you break my covenant, I in turn will do this to you: I will bring terror on you; consumption and fever that waste the eyes and cause life to pine away. You shall sow your seed in vain, for your enemies shall eat it. I will set my face against you, and you shall be struck down by your enemies; your foes shall rule over you, and you shall flee though no one pursues you." (Leviticus 26:14-17) And if they then still don't listen, God will punish them seven times harder: " And if in spite of this you will not obey me, I will continue to punish you sevenfold for your sins. I will break your proud glory, and I will make your sky like iron and your earth like copper. Your strength shall be spent to no purpose: your land shall not yield its produce, and the trees of the land shall not yield their fruit." (ibid :18-22) And if they then still don't listen, God will punish them another seven times harder: "If you continue hostile to me, and will not obey me, I will continue to plague you sevenfold for your sins. I will let loose wild animals against you, and they shall bereave you of your children and destroy your livestock; they shall make you few in number, and your roads shall be deserted." (ibid :23-24) And if they then still refuse to turn back to God, He will punish them another seven times harder: "If in spite of these punishments you have not turned back to me, but continue hostile to me, then I too will continue hostile to you: I myself will strike you sevenfold for your sins. I will bring the sword against you, executing vengeance for the covenant; and if you withdraw within your cities, I will send pestilence among you, and you shall be delivered into enemy hands. When I break your staff of bread, ten women shall bake your bread in a single oven, and they shall dole out your bread by weight; and though you eat, you shall not be satisfied. (ibid :27-28)

But despite all this, God will not break His covenant with the Jewish people: Leviticus 26:44-45; "And yet for all that, I will not cast them away, neither will I abhor them, to destroy them utterly, and to break My covenant with them: For I am J-H-W-H their God. But I will for their sakes remember the covenant of their ancestors, whom I brought forth out of the land of Egypt in the sight of the heathen, that I might be their God: I am J-H-W-H."

"Considerest thou not what this people have spoken, saying: The two families that J-H-W-H hath chosen, He has even cast them of? Thus they have despised My people, that they should no more be a nation before them. Thus saith J-H-W-H: If My covenant be not with day and night, and if I have not appointed the ordinances of heaven and earth; Then will I cast away the seed of Jacob and David my servant, so that I will not take any of his seed to be rulers over the seed of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob: for I will cause their captivety to return and have mercy on them."
Jeremiah 33:24-26

So is God a respector of persons?

"I have loved you, says J-H-W-H. But you say, “How have you loved us?” Is not Esau Jacob’s brother? says J-H-W-H. Yet I have loved Jacob but I have hated Esau;"
Mal 1:2

“And now, Israel, what does J-H-W-H your God require of you, but to fear J-H-W-H your God, to walk in all His ways and to love Him, to serve J-H-W-H your God with all your heart and with all your soul, and to keep the commandments of J-H-W-H and His statutes which I command you today for your good? Indeed heaven and the highest heavens belong to J-H-W-H your God, also the earth with all that is in it. J-H-W-H delighted only in your fathers, to love them; and He chose their descendants after them, you above all peoples, as it is this day."
Deut 10:12

Apperently, He is.

You can reject Paul's Epistles all you want, you are rejecting God's Word !

Elia

You can reject Paul's Epistles all you want, you are rejecting God's Word !

Bs"d

Do you have any proof, or at least arguments, why Paul would be speaking God's word?

beloved57

Bs"d

Do you have any proof, or at least arguments, why Paul would be speaking God's word?

No I have no proof for you,since you are under God's condemnation and Judgment ! See you at the Judgment!

Status
Not open for further replies.