Isaiah 53 is about ISRAEL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elia

10 Then I took my staff called Favor and broke it, revoking the covenant I had made with all the nations.

Bs"d

This is about the covenant God made with the nations.

Gods covenant with Israel stands forever.

"For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of Y-H-W-H our God for ever and ever.".

Micah 4:5

CherubRam

Bs"d

This is about the covenant God made with the nations.

"For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of Y-H-W-H our God for ever and ever.".

The covenant made with Israel was for all nations. That is why Jews would go out to win converts to Judaism. The Old Testament makes it abundantly clear. Where do you get all of these unbiblical delusions?

beloved57

elia

Yeah it does, With Christ, He is Gods Israel ! The israel that was and is Abrahams children according to the flesh, are not heirs nor Children of God Rom 9:8

8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

You are trusting in the flesh of israel !

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Bs"d

Not only the Rabbis say so, Isaiah himself says so.

And gentiles that kept Genesis 12. Say, how can the person in question bear another's iniquities? Explain that scenario since in general, it can't happen. Who could do such a thing?

Elia

The covenant made with Israel was for all nations. That is why Jews would go out to win converts to Judaism. The Old Testament makes it abundantly clear. Where do you get all of these unbiblical delusions?

Bs"d

Please tell me where you read in the Tanach that the Jews would go out to win converts.

And the Torah makes it abundantly clear that the 613 commandments are only for Israel.

For the non-Jews there are the 7 Noachide commandments.

Keep the seven go to heaven!

Elia

And gentiles that kept Genesis 12. Say, how can the person in question bear another's iniquities? Explain that scenario since in general, it can't happen. Who could do such a thing?

Bs"d

Everybody gets punished for his or her own sins. Not the neighbour, not God, but everybody himself. And through the punishment the sin is erased.
And that is exactly what is going on in Isaiah 53.

"The servant" in Isaiah 53 is Israel.

"But He was wounded for our transgressions,
He was bruised for our iniquities;
The chastisement for our peace was upon Him,
And by His stripes we are healed.
All we like sheep have gone astray;
We have turned, every one, to his own way;
And the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all."

The "he" refers to the servant, which is Israel. And the servant is wounded for "our" transgressions. So who is the "our"? It is Isaiah who is speaking here, as a part of the Jewish people. So also the "we" and the "our" is Israel.

Now when we fill in Israel in that text in place of "the servant" and the "we", then we get the following:

"But Israel was wounded for the transgressions of Israel
Israel was bruised for the iniquities of Israel;
The chastisement for the peace of Israel was upon Israel,
And by the stripes of Israel Israel is healed.
All Israel like sheep has gone astray;
Israel has turned, every one, to his own way;
And the Lord has laid on Israel the iniquity of Israel."

So what we get then is the concept that Israel is being punished for the sins of Israel. And that concept we find all over the Tanach: Israel sins, Israel gets punished.

A concept which we NEVER find anywhere in the Tanach, is that when Israel sins, God has to suffer for the sins of Israel, and let Himself be murdered by Israel, before He can forgive them.

That concept is simply non-existent in the Tanach.

Elia

elia

Yeah it does, With Christ, He is Gods Israel ! The israel that was and is Abrahams children according to the flesh, are not heirs nor Children of God Rom 9:8

8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

You are trusting in the flesh of israel !

Bs"d

The Christian churches believe in the theory that G.d rejected His chosen people, and that instead the Christians are the new spiritual Israel. However, G.d says clearly in the Holy Torah that He will never break his covenant with the Jewish people, even not when they stray away from Him. When the Jews go astray G.d will punish them. (Leviticus 26:14-17) And if they then still don't listen, G.d will punish them seven times harder. (idem:18-22) And if they then still don't listen, G.d will punish them another seven times harder. (idem:23-24) And if they then still refuse to turn back to G.d, He will punish them another seven times harder. (idem:27-28) But despite all this, G.d will not break His covenant with the Jewish people: Leviticus 26:44-45; "And yet for all that, I will not cast them away, neither will I abhor them, to destroy them utterly, and to break My covenant with them: For I am Y-H-W-H their G.d. But I will for their sakes remember the covenant of their ancestors, whom I brought forth out of the land of Egypt in the sight of the heathen, that I might be their G.d: I am Y-H-W-H."

"Considerest thou not what this people have spoken, saying: The two families that Y-H-W-H hath chosen, He has even cast them of? Thus they have despised My people, that they should no more be a nation before them. Thus saith Y-H-W-H: If My covenant be not with day and night, and if I have not appointed the ordinances of heaven and earth; Then will I cast away the seed of Jacob and David my servant, so that I will not take any of his seed to be rulers over the seed of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob: for I will cause their captivety to return and have mercy on them." Jeremiah 33:24-26

If G.d rejected the Jews, why then is He now fulfilling the prophecies that He will gather in the Jews and bring them back to their land? "Fear not, for I am with thee, I will bring thy seed from the east, and gather thee from the west. I will say to the north; give up, and to the south; keep not back: Bring my sons from far, and My daughters from the ends of the earth." Isaiah 43:5+6
The whole world witnesses this miracle, how after almost 2000 years of dispersion over the whole earth the Jews are returning to Israel. In just 50 years a state has been built from scratch, the Hebrew language has been revived. Is there any precedent in history for this? Is there any other people that was dispersed throughout the whole world for almost 2000 years that held on to their identity and their religion?
Surely we see here the hand of G.d.

beloved57

Bs"d

The Christian churches believe in the theory that G.d rejected His chosen people, and that instead the Christians are the new spiritual Israel. However, G.d says clearly in the Holy Torah that He will never break his covenant with the Jewish people, even not when they stray away from Him. When the Jews go astray G.d will punish them. (Leviticus 26:14-17) And if they then still don't listen, G.d will punish them seven times harder. (idem:18-22) And if they then still don't listen, G.d will punish them another seven times harder. (idem:23-24) And if they then still refuse to turn back to G.d, He will punish them another seven times harder. (idem:27-28) But despite all this, G.d will not break His covenant with the Jewish people: Leviticus 26:44-45; "And yet for all that, I will not cast them away, neither will I abhor them, to destroy them utterly, and to break My covenant with them: For I am Y-H-W-H their G.d. But I will for their sakes remember the covenant of their ancestors, whom I brought forth out of the land of Egypt in the sight of the heathen, that I might be their G.d: I am Y-H-W-H."

"Considerest thou not what this people have spoken, saying: The two families that Y-H-W-H hath chosen, He has even cast them of? Thus they have despised My people, that they should no more be a nation before them. Thus saith Y-H-W-H: If My covenant be not with day and night, and if I have not appointed the ordinances of heaven and earth; Then will I cast away the seed of Jacob and David my servant, so that I will not take any of his seed to be rulers over the seed of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob: for I will cause their captivety to return and have mercy on them." Jeremiah 33:24-26

If G.d rejected the Jews, why then is He now fulfilling the prophecies that He will gather in the Jews and bring them back to their land? "Fear not, for I am with thee, I will bring thy seed from the east, and gather thee from the west. I will say to the north; give up, and to the south; keep not back: Bring my sons from far, and My daughters from the ends of the earth." Isaiah 43:5+6
The whole world witnesses this miracle, how after almost 2000 years of dispersion over the whole earth the Jews are returning to Israel. In just 50 years a state has been built from scratch, the Hebrew language has been revived. Is there any precedent in history for this? Is there any other people that was dispersed throughout the whole world for almost 2000 years that held on to their identity and their religion?
Surely we see here the hand of G.d.

israel after the flesh are not Gods chosen people Rom 9:8 !

Elia

israel after the flesh are not Gods chosen people Rom 9:8 !

Bs"d

God chose ISRAEL:

"For you are a people holy to J-H-W-H your God; J-H-W-H your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on earth to be his people, his treasured possession."
Deut 7:6

"Although heaven and the heaven of heavens belong to J-H-W-H your God, the earth with all that is in it, yet J-H-W-H set his heart in love on your ancestors alone and chose you, their descendants after them, out of all the peoples, as it is today."
Deut 10:14

"For you are a people holy to J-H-W-H your God; it is you J-H-W-H has chosen out of all the peoples on earth to be his people, his treasured possession."
Deut 14:2

"But now hear, O Jacob my servant, Israel whom I have chosen! Thus says J-H-W-H who made you, who formed you in the womb and will help you: Do not fear, O Jacob my servant, Jeshurun whom I have chosen. For I will pour water on the thirsty land, and streams on the dry ground;
I will pour my spirit upon your descendants, and my blessing on your offspring."
Isaiah 44:1

There are many more passages like this, it is clear that Israel is chosen by God.

Chosen for what?

"Now therefore, if you obey my voice and keep my covenant, you shall be my treasured possession out of all the peoples. Indeed, the whole earth is mine, but you shall be for me a priestly kingdom and a holy nation. These are the words that you shall speak to the Israelites.”
Ex 19:6

Can this chosenness be temporarily, or can it be taken away from the Jews?

Thus says J-H-W-H,
who gives the sun for light by day
and the fixed order of the moon and the stars for light by night,
who stirs up the sea so that its waves roar—
J-H-W-H of hosts is his name:
If this fixed order were ever to cease
from my presence, says J-H-W-H,
then also the offspring of Israel would cease
to be a nation before me forever.

Thus says J-H-W-H:
If the heavens above can be measured,
and the foundations of the earth below can be explored,
then I will reject all the offspring of Israel
because of all they have done,
says J-H-W-H.
Jer 31:35

This is like the days of Noah to me:
Just as I swore that the waters of Noah
would never again go over the earth,
so I have sworn that I will not be angry with you
and will not rebuke you.
For the mountains may depart
and the hills be removed,
but my steadfast love shall not depart from you,
and my covenant of peace shall not be removed,
says J-H-W-H, who has compassion on you.
Is 54:10

If Israel sins, will God break the covenant?

When the Jews go astray God will punish them. "But if you will not obey me, and do not observe all these commandments, if you spurn my statutes, and abhor my ordinances, so that you will not observe all my commandments, and you break my covenant, I in turn will do this to you: I will bring terror on you; consumption and fever that waste the eyes and cause life to pine away. You shall sow your seed in vain, for your enemies shall eat it. I will set my face against you, and you shall be struck down by your enemies; your foes shall rule over you, and you shall flee though no one pursues you." (Leviticus 26:14-17) And if they then still don't listen, God will punish them seven times harder: " And if in spite of this you will not obey me, I will continue to punish you sevenfold for your sins. I will break your proud glory, and I will make your sky like iron and your earth like copper. Your strength shall be spent to no purpose: your land shall not yield its produce, and the trees of the land shall not yield their fruit." (ibid :18-22) And if they then still don't listen, God will punish them another seven times harder: "If you continue hostile to me, and will not obey me, I will continue to plague you sevenfold for your sins. I will let loose wild animals against you, and they shall bereave you of your children and destroy your livestock; they shall make you few in number, and your roads shall be deserted." (ibid :23-24) And if they then still refuse to turn back to God, He will punish them another seven times harder: "If in spite of these punishments you have not turned back to me, but continue hostile to me, then I too will continue hostile to you: I myself will strike you sevenfold for your sins. I will bring the sword against you, executing vengeance for the covenant; and if you withdraw within your cities, I will send pestilence among you, and you shall be delivered into enemy hands. When I break your staff of bread, ten women shall bake your bread in a single oven, and they shall dole out your bread by weight; and though you eat, you shall not be satisfied. (ibid :27-28)

But despite all this, God will not break His covenant with the Jewish people: Leviticus 26:44-45; "And yet for all that, I will not cast them away, neither will I abhor them, to destroy them utterly, and to break My covenant with them: For I am J-H-W-H their God. But I will for their sakes remember the covenant of their ancestors, whom I brought forth out of the land of Egypt in the sight of the heathen, that I might be their God: I am J-H-W-H."

"Considerest thou not what this people have spoken, saying: The two families that J-H-W-H hath chosen, He has even cast them of? Thus they have despised My people, that they should no more be a nation before them. Thus saith J-H-W-H: If My covenant be not with day and night, and if I have not appointed the ordinances of heaven and earth; Then will I cast away the seed of Jacob and David my servant, so that I will not take any of his seed to be rulers over the seed of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob: for I will cause their captivety to return and have mercy on them."
Jeremiah 33:24-26

So is God a respector of persons?

"I have loved you, says J-H-W-H. But you say, “How have you loved us?” Is not Esau Jacob’s brother? says J-H-W-H. Yet I have loved Jacob but I have hated Esau;"
Mal 1:2

“And now, Israel, what does J-H-W-H your God require of you, but to fear J-H-W-H your God, to walk in all His ways and to love Him, to serve J-H-W-H your God with all your heart and with all your soul, and to keep the commandments of J-H-W-H and His statutes which I command you today for your good? Indeed heaven and the highest heavens belong to J-H-W-H your God, also the earth with all that is in it. J-H-W-H delighted only in your fathers, to love them; and He chose their descendants after them, you above all peoples, as it is this day."
Deut 10:12

Apperently, He is.

In the subject of Israel being the chosen people, the NT clearly contradicts the Tanach.

Since we agree that the Tanach is the inspired word of God, since we all know that the Tanach existed long before the NT came around, therefore, when the NT contradicts the Tanach, we have to discard the NT as being false.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
"The servant" in Isaiah 53 is Israel.

"But He was wounded for our transgressions,
He was bruised for our iniquities;
The chastisement for our peace was upon Him,
And by His stripes we are healed.
All we like sheep have gone astray;
We have turned, every one, to his own way;
And the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all."

Oh, so you are wounded for my transgression? The TOL clownshow continues...

CherubRam

Bs"d

God chose ISRAEL:

"For you are a people holy to J-H-W-H your God; J-H-W-H your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on earth to be his people, his treasured possession."
Deut 7:6

"Although heaven and the heaven of heavens belong to J-H-W-H your God, the earth with all that is in it, yet J-H-W-H set his heart in love on your ancestors alone and chose you, their descendants after them, out of all the peoples, as it is today."
Deut 10:14

"For you are a people holy to J-H-W-H your God; it is you J-H-W-H has chosen out of all the peoples on earth to be his people, his treasured possession."
Deut 14:2

"But now hear, O Jacob my servant, Israel whom I have chosen! Thus says J-H-W-H who made you, who formed you in the womb and will help you: Do not fear, O Jacob my servant, Jeshurun whom I have chosen. For I will pour water on the thirsty land, and streams on the dry ground;
I will pour my spirit upon your descendants, and my blessing on your offspring."
Isaiah 44:1

There are many more passages like this, it is clear that Israel is chosen by God.

Chosen for what?

"Now therefore, if you obey my voice and keep my covenant, you shall be my treasured possession out of all the peoples. Indeed, the whole earth is mine, but you shall be for me a priestly kingdom and a holy nation. These are the words that you shall speak to the Israelites.”
Ex 19:6

Can this chosenness be temporarily, or can it be taken away from the Jews?

Thus says J-H-W-H,
who gives the sun for light by day
and the fixed order of the moon and the stars for light by night,
who stirs up the sea so that its waves roar—
J-H-W-H of hosts is his name:
If this fixed order were ever to cease
from my presence, says J-H-W-H,
then also the offspring of Israel would cease
to be a nation before me forever.

Thus says J-H-W-H:
If the heavens above can be measured,
and the foundations of the earth below can be explored,
then I will reject all the offspring of Israel
because of all they have done,
says J-H-W-H.
Jer 31:35

This is like the days of Noah to me:
Just as I swore that the waters of Noah
would never again go over the earth,
so I have sworn that I will not be angry with you
and will not rebuke you.
For the mountains may depart
and the hills be removed,
but my steadfast love shall not depart from you,
and my covenant of peace shall not be removed,
says J-H-W-H, who has compassion on you.
Is 54:10

If Israel sins, will God break the covenant?

When the Jews go astray God will punish them. "But if you will not obey me, and do not observe all these commandments, if you spurn my statutes, and abhor my ordinances, so that you will not observe all my commandments, and you break my covenant, I in turn will do this to you: I will bring terror on you; consumption and fever that waste the eyes and cause life to pine away. You shall sow your seed in vain, for your enemies shall eat it. I will set my face against you, and you shall be struck down by your enemies; your foes shall rule over you, and you shall flee though no one pursues you." (Leviticus 26:14-17) And if they then still don't listen, God will punish them seven times harder: " And if in spite of this you will not obey me, I will continue to punish you sevenfold for your sins. I will break your proud glory, and I will make your sky like iron and your earth like copper. Your strength shall be spent to no purpose: your land shall not yield its produce, and the trees of the land shall not yield their fruit." (ibid :18-22) And if they then still don't listen, God will punish them another seven times harder: "If you continue hostile to me, and will not obey me, I will continue to plague you sevenfold for your sins. I will let loose wild animals against you, and they shall bereave you of your children and destroy your livestock; they shall make you few in number, and your roads shall be deserted." (ibid :23-24) And if they then still refuse to turn back to God, He will punish them another seven times harder: "If in spite of these punishments you have not turned back to me, but continue hostile to me, then I too will continue hostile to you: I myself will strike you sevenfold for your sins. I will bring the sword against you, executing vengeance for the covenant; and if you withdraw within your cities, I will send pestilence among you, and you shall be delivered into enemy hands. When I break your staff of bread, ten women shall bake your bread in a single oven, and they shall dole out your bread by weight; and though you eat, you shall not be satisfied. (ibid :27-28)

But despite all this, God will not break His covenant with the Jewish people: Leviticus 26:44-45; "And yet for all that, I will not cast them away, neither will I abhor them, to destroy them utterly, and to break My covenant with them: For I am J-H-W-H their God. But I will for their sakes remember the covenant of their ancestors, whom I brought forth out of the land of Egypt in the sight of the heathen, that I might be their God: I am J-H-W-H."

"Considerest thou not what this people have spoken, saying: The two families that J-H-W-H hath chosen, He has even cast them of? Thus they have despised My people, that they should no more be a nation before them. Thus saith J-H-W-H: If My covenant be not with day and night, and if I have not appointed the ordinances of heaven and earth; Then will I cast away the seed of Jacob and David my servant, so that I will not take any of his seed to be rulers over the seed of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob: for I will cause their captivety to return and have mercy on them."
Jeremiah 33:24-26

So is God a respector of persons?

"I have loved you, says J-H-W-H. But you say, “How have you loved us?” Is not Esau Jacob’s brother? says J-H-W-H. Yet I have loved Jacob but I have hated Esau;"
Mal 1:2

“And now, Israel, what does J-H-W-H your God require of you, but to fear J-H-W-H your God, to walk in all His ways and to love Him, to serve J-H-W-H your God with all your heart and with all your soul, and to keep the commandments of J-H-W-H and His statutes which I command you today for your good? Indeed heaven and the highest heavens belong to J-H-W-H your God, also the earth with all that is in it. J-H-W-H delighted only in your fathers, to love them; and He chose their descendants after them, you above all peoples, as it is this day."
Deut 10:12

Apperently, He is.

In the subject of Israel being the chosen people, the NT clearly contradicts the Tanach.

Since we agree that the Tanach is the inspired word of God, since we all know that the Tanach existed long before the NT came around, therefore, when the NT contradicts the Tanach, we have to discard the NT as being false.

It is a mistake to believe that only the Hebrews are being addressed. The people who made the nation of Israel were multinational. Converts were not excluded from the laws or peoples.

RBBI

HaShem has not abandoned His covenant with the Jewish people. It should be obvious when it says that the gentiles were grafted IN and for them not to boast against the branch. Why Christians think His everlasting love only extends to them, is beyond understanding.

The fact it says He basically put them to sleep (blindness) should be a clue, let's see, who else did He put to sleep? Oh, I know.....ADAM, so He could prepare him a wife while he slept.

This is why only the JEWS, even in the NT were told to keep circumcision because they are the "male" in this covenant of the TWO, the man and his (gentile) "wife", the eventual union of the two making one new creation man.

When you graft a branch into the SIDE of the TREE, they become ONE, and no man ever hated his own flesh, yet I see many of you here DO. This is why "they" without "us" cannot be made perfect or COMPLETE.

Wake up and see who your husband is, and wake up and see who your wife is! Peace

Ben Masada

Leviticus 26:44-45New International Version (NIV)

44 Yet in spite of this, when they are in the land of their enemies, I will not reject them or abhor them so as to destroy them completely, breaking my covenant with them. I am the Lord their God. 45 But for their sake I will remember the covenant with their ancestors whom I brought out of Egypt in the sight of the nations to be their God. I am the Lord.’”

God said He would not break His covenant with them while they were in captivity.

When God made another covenant, it made the old covenant obsolete.

Jeremiah 31:31 “The days are coming,” declares the Lord, “when I will make a covenant with the people of Israel and with the people of Judah.

So, "When God made another covenant, it made the old covenant obsolete!" Absolutely not! The "new" about the New Covenant was in the method of observance of the terms of the covenant.

In the Sinai Covenant it was necessary that Scribes, Levites and priest taught the People about the Law and how to obey it. When the New Covenant was established at the return of the Jews from exile in Babylon there would be no longer need of any one to teach the People about the Law since the Law would be written in the hearts of every one. (Jer. 31:33,34; Deut. 30:11-14)

Now, mind you all, the New Covenant was established with the House of Israel and the House of Judah as one People. (Jer. 31:31) Although the Gentiles were not mentioned at all, they were welcome to join according to Isaiah 56:1-8.

Elia

Oh, so you are wounded for my transgression? The TOL clownshow continues...

Bs"d

No, the Jews are wounded for the transgressions of the Jews.

Not for the transgressions of everybody.

"Serve Y-H-W-H! And if it seems evil to you to serve Y-H-W-H, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell.
But as for me and my house, we will serve Y-H-W-H!.”
Joshua 24:14-15

Elia

Jesus Christ is the servant by whose stripes we are healed -

1 Peter 2:24 KJV -

Isaiah 53:5 KJV -

Bs"d

NOWHERE in Isaiah, NOWHERE in the whole Tanach is the messiah ever referred to as "the servant of God".

It is very clear that the servant is ISRAEL:

Let us now take a look about who the prophet Isaiah is really talking here. Isaiah 52:13; “Behold My servant shall deal prudently ….” The key question here is: Who is it that the prophet Isaiah calls the servant of God? We shall let the prophet Isaiah speak for himself, and please keep in mind that the name of Jacob was changed into Israel after the fight with the angel in the end of Genesis 32; Jacob is synonymous with Israel:

Isaiah 41:8: “But thou , Israel art my servant, Jacob whom I have chosen, the seed of Abraham my friend. Thou who I have taken from the ends of the earth, and called thou from the chief men thereof, and said unto thee: Thou art my servant, I have chosen thee, and not cast thee away.”

Isaiah 44:1-2; “Yet now hear, O Jacob my servant, and Israel who I have chosen. Thus said the Lord that made thee, and formed thee from the womb, which will help thee; fear not O Jacob my servant, and thou Jesurun whom I have chosen.”

Isaiah 44:21; “Remember these, O Jacob and Israel, for thou art my servant. I have formed thee, thou art my servant; OIsrael thou shalt not be forgotten of me

Isaiah 45:4; “For Jacob, my servant’s sake, and Israel mine elect, I have even called thee by thy name.”

Isaiah 48:20; “The lord hath redeemed his servant Jacob.”

Isaiah 49:3; “And said unto me: Thou art my servant, O Israel, in whom I will be glorified.”

The servant that Isaiah is talking about is the people of Israel.

Elia

It is a mistake to believe that only the Hebrews are being addressed. The people who made the nation of Israel were multinational. Converts were not excluded from the laws or peoples.

Bs"d

A convert becomes like an Israelite.

Only Israel was addressed.

Elia

So, "When God made another covenant, it made the old covenant obsolete!" Absolutely not! The "new" about the New Covenant was in the method of observance of the terms of the covenant.

In the Sinai Covenant it was necessary that Scribes, Levites and priest taught the People about the Law and how to obey it. When the New Covenant was established at the return of the Jews from exile in Babylon there would be no longer need of any one to teach the People about the Law since the Law would be written in the hearts of every one. (Jer. 31:33,34; Deut. 30:11-14)

Now, mind you all, the New Covenant was established

Bs"d

Obviously, the new covenant is not yet established. Paul claims that this is done through Jesus. Paul says in Hebrews 10:15-17; "Whereof the Holy Ghost is also a witness to us, for after he had said before: This is the covenant that I will make with them, after those days, saith the LORD, I will put My laws in their heart and in their minds will I write them. And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more."

This is written in Jeremiah 31:31-34; "Behold, the days come saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah. Not according the old covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, which my covenant they broke, although I was as a husband to them, saith the LORD. But this shall be the covenant that I make with the house of Israel: After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in there inward parts and write it in their hearts, and I will be there G.d, and they shall be my people. And they shall no more each man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying: Know the LORD, for they shall all know me, from the least of them till the greatest, saith the LORD, for I will forgive their iniquity and I will remember their sins no more."

Are we now in the days that everybody knows about the LORD (Y-H-W-H)? That nobody has to teach his neighbor about G.d?

Obviously not!

So A) There is no new covenant yet, and B) The new covenant is this "But this shall be the covenant that I make with the house of Israel: After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in there inward parts and write it in their hearts, and I will be there G.d, and they shall be my people."

So the new covenant means that Gods laws, (the 613 laws of the Torah) will be written on the hearts of the Jews, and they will be Gods people.

Since the Christians are totally lawless, this cannot speak about them, and anyway, it is spelled out that ISRAEL will remain Gods people.

with the House of Israel and the House of Judah as one People. (Jer. 31:31) Although the Gentiles were not mentioned at all, they were welcome to join according to Isaiah 56:1-8.

Gentiles are welcome to join, but they must then take upon them the 613 commandments, and only worship the one and only true God Y-H-W-H who is one.

And nobody else.

"And God spoke all these words, saying, "I am Y-H-W-H your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
YOU SHALL HAVE NO OTHER GODS BEFORE ME
."

Ex 20:1

CherubRam

Bs"d

A convert becomes like an Israelite.

Only Israel was addressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.