ECT Is this person a Christian?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't have to read anything. I have the orthodox position. it is there heretics who need to reconsider

and boy do they need to reconsider...

heresy can get you into Hell... and as you know Jesus said FEW find the way to Heaven

Dream on little works salvationist. You need to read the word and understand what you read.

heir

TOL Subscriber
I don't have to read anything. I have the orthodox position. it is there heretics who need to reconsider

and boy do they need to reconsider...

heresy can get you into Hell... and as you know Jesus said FEW find the way to Heaven
I'm already there (Ephesians 2:5-7 KJV).

john w

Hall of Fame
if you don't want to believe God's word, that is your choice.

That stumper, "Hail Mary," works every time.

Offer animal sacrifices....keep the appointed times....sell all you have.........raise the dead............................................................................

Don't you believe God's word?

Fun! So there.

musterion

if you don't want to believe God's word, that is your choice.
According to Rome (and every other cult), no one should ever believe God's Word alone. Only what's filtered through and handed down from men.

God gave us His Word. We don't need your ecclesiarchy. We don't need you. You need what we have.

Cross Reference

"The kingdom of God suffers violence and the violent take it by force" . . . Jesus

What did Jesus mean when He declared that? Who was He talking to and what are the qualifications for even attempting to enter the Kingdom of God that it is beyond the issue of salvation?

republicanchick

Who cares? What is the gospel of your salvation?

I am in Christ's Church

He founded ONE of those, just ONE

and I am there. It is up to the ones who disagree with Christ's Church to prove... well, What?

how can you prove anything against Christ's Church?

you can't, but some people just keep on trying to re-invent the wheel.

+++

republicanchick

According to Rome (and every other cult), no one should ever believe God's Word alone. Only what's filtered through and handed down from men.

God gave us His Word. We don't need your ecclesiarchy. We don't need you. You need what we have.

ha ha... NO thanks!

all I see here is a lot of Malice and hate...

no thanks... that is NOT Christianity

republicanchick

"The kingdom of God suffers violence and the violent take it by force" . . . Jesus

What did Jesus mean when He declared that? Who was He talking to and what are the qualifications for even attempting to enter the Kingdom of God that it is beyond the issue of salvation?

don't get that last thing b/c entering Heaven is salvation

But in any case, Christ founded ONE Church and it is still the Catholic Church, with all its sinners therein...

Jesus is therein also, but all people seem to see are the sinners...

weird... kinda says something them

musterion

ha ha... NO thanks!

all I see here is a lot of Malice and hate...

no thanks... that is NOT Christianity

Don't judge this Message by its messengers. You wouldn't want anyone to forego converting to Rome because of sodomite priests raping boys and shallow, condescending Catholics on message boards. Same principle applies here.

You have heard and understood the true Good News of salvation but are rejecting it. Time's running out.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
this person believes Jesus paid the price for our sins, to make a way to Heaven

• that no one is made by God to be in Hell
  • that all people have a choice to make for or against Jesus and will gain or lose from that decision on Judgment Day
  • that humans are hopeless and cannot get into Heaven without Jesus
  • that it is difficult to do all that Jesus says but we have to try and there is no salvation without good works

So,

is this person Christian to you?

++

No. The last line makes it clear. Note: your third line and 4th line are contradictions of one another, according to #3, works cannot play a part in salvation, yet #4 says works are required for salvation, contradiction.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
this person believes Jesus paid the price for our sins, to make a way to Heaven

• that no one is made by God to be in Hell (right)
  • that all people have a choice to make for or against Jesus and will gain or lose from that decision on Judgment Day (right)
  • that humans are hopeless and cannot get into Heaven without Jesus (right)
  • that it is difficult to do all that Jesus says but we have to try and there is no salvation without good works (wrong)

So,

is this person Christian to you?

++

republicanchick

No. The last line makes it clear. Note: your third line and 4th line are contradictions of one another, according to #3, works cannot play a part in salvation, yet #4 says works are required for salvation, contradiction.

no, it's just that YOU see a contradiction

actually it is YOU who contradict yourself. If you believe that you cannot stop sinning, it is YOU who are, in so believing, saying that Jesus is not powerful enough to keep you from doing so...

you have a wimpy Jesus... wimpty "church"

++

republicanchick

Nope, good works are not a requirement for salvation. Otherwise you admit that Jesus sacrifice on the cross was not enough.

you believe Jesus is too weak and ineffectual to keep you from sinning

and to keep you doing good works, which are required b/c only good works (not bad ones ) impart GRACE

"by grace are you saved...."

if good works impart grace

and bad ones do not

seems a Christian would choose good ones, eh?

and to not choose good ones puts you in the default works group: ie: bad works. To refrain from doing good (helping your brother when he needs help) you are doing EVIL

_