• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

Is there any obvious evidence today for the biblical global Flood?

Jason0047

Abraham's Bosom/Paradise was a "city of refuge" for the righteous dead, where they waited until the death of the High Priest, Jesus Christ.

Consider listening to this Theology Thursday episode where Pastor Enyart talked about cities of refuge in the Bible:

Also, consider reading Dr. Walt Brown's "In the Beginning" (purchasable in hard copy or available for free online) or watching Bryan Nickel's video explanation of the Hydroplate Theory for a more scientific look at Creation and the Flood of Noah, links found here:

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpl6E8stJTiIi8wdLgYj1eXpp-4o1UUkZ (note: the first video in this playlist is all six of the main videos combined)
Thank you. I will check it out.

Jason0047

Abraham's Bosom/Paradise was a "city of refuge" for the righteous dead, where they waited until the death of the High Priest, Jesus Christ.

Consider listening to this Theology Thursday episode where Pastor Enyart talked about cities of refuge in the Bible:

Also, consider reading Dr. Walt Brown's "In the Beginning" (purchasable in hard copy or available for free online) or watching Bryan Nickel's video explanation of the Hydroplate Theory for a more scientific look at Creation and the Flood of Noah, links found here:

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpl6E8stJTiIi8wdLgYj1eXpp-4o1UUkZ (note: the first video in this playlist is all six of the main videos combined)
Started to watch and skim through the full version video. I am not a big Science buff (Although I do value certain evidences that really stand out that support the Bible at times). I created a blog article on evidences that back up the Word of God a long while back (if it sounds like your cup of tea).

[Mod Edit: Link removed]

Anyways, Scientific theories may be helpful for some, but I a more of a Scripture kind of guy. But thank you for the video anyways.

Blessings be unto you and your family in the Lord.

Last edited by a moderator:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Started to watch and skim through the full version video. I am not a big Science buff (Although I do value certain evidences that really stand out that support the Bible at times).

What's nice about the HPT is that you don't have to pick science over scripture, or scripture over science.

You CAN pick both, because the HPT is consistent with the Bible:

I created a blog article on evidences that back up the Word of God a long while back (if it sounds like your cup of tea).

Sorry, but we do not allow blogs to be linked to on our forum. See rule 8:

Anyways, Scientific theories may be helpful for some, but I a more of a Scripture kind of guy. But thank you for the video anyways.

Not a problem!

Blessings be unto you and your family in the Lord.

And to you.

Jason0047

What's nice about the HPT is that you don't have to pick science over scripture, or scripture over science.

You CAN pick both, because the HPT is consistent with the Bible:

Sorry, but we do not allow blogs to be linked to on our forum. See rule 8:

Not a problem!

And to you.

I believe that the Bible says,

“In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.” (Genesis 7:11).​

Not sure why I need to believe in theory to substantiate this verse. God’s Word is enough for me, brother. My focus in life is His Word.

In other words, I am simply not even remotely interested in theories or looking at a bunch of Creationism Science without the continual uplifting of God's Word (no matter how good of a pitch you make). Those days are long behind me. I accepted Jesus as my Savior in 1992, and I studied Creationism back in 2010 through 2015 or so.

Granted, there is a time and place for Science, but it is not the driving focus of my life. Jesus and His Word is the sole focus for me.
We are not all the same brother. Some people are mechanically inclined, or Science inclined, or art inclined. Science is only interesting to me if there is a Bible verse involved. If not, I could care less. Theories? I could care less because a theory can simply be untrue. We really don't know about theories. So why even guess?

Anyways, I hope you understand.
Blessings to you in the Lord.

Side Note:

If a blog is not allowed, is a regular website allowed instead?
What is allowed?
Perhaps a YouTube video?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I believe that the Bible says,

“In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.” (Genesis 7:11).

And science affirms (or at the very least, supports it).

Not sure why I need to believe in theory to substantiate this verse.

The Bible says to always be ready to defend your beliefs.

It's one thing to believe that the flood happened in the 600th year of Noah's life, it's quite another to be able to defend it, especially when someone who rejects God's word challenges your beliefs.

God’s Word is enough for me, brother. My focus in life is His Word.

That's all well and good, but as above, God tells us, in His word, to be prepared to give an answer. No one is saying you have to get a degree in every field of science or know every detail of a theory, but being able to provide an answer, even if it's a layman's understanding, to someone who asks points them to God.

In other words, I am simply not even remotely interested in theories or looking at a bunch of Creationism Science without the continual uplifting of God's Word (no matter how good of a pitch you make).

Like I said, you don't have to ignore scripture with the HPT, as it uses scripture as it's foundation.

Those days are long behind me. I accepted Jesus as my Savior in 1992, and I studied Creationism back in 2010 through 2015 or so.

Cool.

Granted, there is a time and place for Science, but it is not the driving focus of my life. Jesus and His Word is the sole focus for me.
We are not all the same brother.

Agreed.

Some people are mechanically inclined, or Science inclined, or art inclined. Science is only interesting to me if there is a Bible verse involved. If not, I could care less.

As above, the HPT is founded on what the Bible says.

Theories? I could care less because a theory can simply be untrue.

Sure, but how can you know unless you test it?

We really don't know about theories. So why even guess?

It is the glory of God to conceal a matter, But the glory of kings is to search out a matter. - Proverbs 25:2 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs25:2&version=NKJV

Anyways, I hope you understand.

There was another verse I was going to quote here, but I went to grab the one above and now I can't think of it... I'll update this post if I remember it.

Blessings to you in the Lord.

And to you.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If a blog is not allowed, is a regular website allowed instead?
What is allowed?
Perhaps a YouTube video?
8. Thou SHALL NOT attempt to redirect members to another forum, website, or blog. (Profile and signature links may be allowed with administrator approval.) Using our PM system to redirect members to other forums or websites is also a bannable offense.

Youtubes would also be covered under this rule. Last year a member ended up under the boom because he was dropping his own cartoon videos all over the site. We discourage self promotion on this site. I do not know of any site that allows it unless you pay the site owners to do so. TOL doesn't offer that option.

Jason0047

And science affirms (or at the very least, supports it).

Yes, I created a blog article that provides Science that supports the Bible. Unfortunate that I am not allowed to post that here. So I am not against evidences that support the Bible. What I am not interested in is watching a bunch of Science and or theories. There is a difference.

The Bible says to always be ready to defend your beliefs.

Actually, it says give a reason for the hope that is in you.

“But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:”​

What is that hope that is in you?
It's Christ in you... who is the hope of glory.

“To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:”​

Here we have hope because Jesus died on the cross for our sins, He was buried, and risen the third day according to the Scriptures (for our salvation). But one reason I would personally give as to why Christ is in me is not evidences for the BIble, but it would be because God changed my life. I used to be an atheist, and God softened my heart with love over the years to one day hear the gospel message (in that Christ died for my sins and He was buried and risen the third day). I was on the wrong road of sin, and God sent me a comic tract called, “This Was Your Life” (In 1992). By this tract, I believed that Christ loved me and died for my sins. I was on the road to hell because of my sins, and Jesus loved me and He gave Himself for me in order to save me to be in His Kingdom. I could not do anything but melt before His love and seek forgiveness of my past life of sin with Jesus. For He suffered greatly on my behalf, and the idea of being cast in the Lake of Fire without Him was not an appealing alternative. In fact, the moment I accepted Jesus as my Savior (by this tract) I had a love, joy, and peace that I had never known before. The Bible became a book that was alive to me (Whereas it was not before). God came into my life and changed. This is why Christ is in me (The hope of glory). My life changed for the better. I no longer was living for my self and my sin, but I was living for Jesus. I was changed and had a purpose in life that truly mattered.

So I would encourage anyone reading here (Who has not known Christ):

God's grace can cancel out a man's past life of sin for whoever believes in Jesus.
The good news. One can be set free and have a new life in Christ.

It's one thing to believe that the flood happened in the 600th year of Noah's life, it's quite another to be able to defend it, especially when someone who rejects God's word challenges your beliefs.

1 Corinthians 2:4
“And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:”

They cannot challenge my belief in God's Word.
I already believe in it. It's too late for them if they reject His Word in this life.
I am just a messenger of His Word. If they reject it, a few facts about Science is not really going to change their mind.
All I can do is plant the seed, and another one can water.
Faith comes by hearing the Word of God (Romans 10:17) and not Science.

You said:
That's all well and good, but as above, God tells us, in His word, to be prepared to give an answer. No one is saying you have to get a degree in every field of science or know every detail of a theory, but being able to provide an answer, even if it's a layman's understanding, to someone who asks points them to God.

But God's Word is not telling me to do that. That is a wrong interpretation or wrong understanding on 1 Peter 3:15.
First, the creation itself already shows unbelievers that they are without excuse.

Romans 1:20
“For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:”

Secondly, where did Jesus and the apostles ever try to prove God's existence by Science?

As far as I can tell, they just preached God's Word. Folks either believe or they don't. The choice to believe is up to the individual to receive the seed of the Word of God into their heart. Science is not the seed that they receive in their heart in the parable of the sower. The seed is the Word of God (See: Matthew 13, and Luke 8:11) and the sower of the seed is Jesus (Which is shown in another Parable - See: Matthew 13:37).

You said:
Like I said, you don't have to ignore scripture with the HPT, as it uses scripture as it's foundation.

But I don't need to believe in theories or Scientific explanations to believe in God's Word or to preach His Word.
Science is not going to win anyone over (Unless one is looking to have a Creationism ministry with making it all about the Creation instead of Jesus). My ministry is Jesus Christ and it is HIM that I preach and not the Creation.

Sure, but how can you know unless you test it?

I am simply not interested. My focus is God's Word and not Science.

It is the glory of God to conceal a matter, But the glory of kings is to search out a matter. - Proverbs 25:2 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs25:2&version=NKJV

We learn about God according to His word, and God does conceal things according to His Word for us to find out the matter on.
So this is not exactly Science or theories.
There are things that I discovered in God's Word that were hidden before.
I believe that is what God is primarily meaning here and not a Scientific theory.

When I was new in the faith, this stuff interested me because the Bible was new to me and I wanted to prove God's Word. But as I matured in the Lord and read Scripture more, I found out that was not the way we see it done by Jesus and the apostles. We are told to follow Jesus, and not Creation Ministries (No offense). Granted, if that is what you feel is your calling, then I will not stand in your way, but I strive to do what the Scriptures say and nothing more.

I hope this helps you to see where I am coming from.

Please be well in the Lord.

Sincerely,

~ Jason.

Last edited:

Jason0047

8. Thou SHALL NOT attempt to redirect members to another forum, website, or blog. (Profile and signature links may be allowed with administrator approval.) Using our PM system to redirect members to other forums or websites is also a bannable offense.

Youtubes would also be covered under this rule. Last year a member ended up under the boom because he was dropping his own cartoon videos all over the site. We discourage self promotion on this site. I do not know of any site that allows it unless you pay the site owners to do so. TOL doesn't offer that option.
Thank you for the heads up.

Two other Christian forums (that I will not name here) do allow blog and website links, and video postings. I posted at the one for a good couple of years there doing so (without any money given). But I understand every place is different. At one forum, they recently banned the King James Only discussion because of my passionate defense of it. They seen the topic as divisive (even though I spoke in love and respect about it).

In fact, I used to post here at TOL a long time ago for a good number of years. There were a ton of posts I had here, but many of my posts have been removed or lost do to inactivity or some other reason (that I am not aware of - Maybe data storage costs?). In any event, thank you for providing the thread rules.

Blessings be unto you in the Lord and your family.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
So as I ponder the global Flood, that a great mass of water was covering the whole earth, one of the first things I think is, Where did all that water go?

And I think, maybe nowhere? Maybe it's all still here? Is there like a boatload of water just sitting around here somewhere?

Maybe it's all the world's oceans? Maybe 'the seven seas' are 'residue' of the Flood?

Somehow, the earth before the Flood already had all this water in it, or it didn't and all the water for the Flood basically 'magically' appeared (us Christians believe in miracles, not magic). But if it was miraculously created just for the Flood, was it miraculously removed from the earth, or is all that water still here?
Modern Flood-denying Earth scientists believe the current sea level was attained right around when the Flood happened. For some reason. :rolleyes:
1024px-Post-Glacial_Sea_Level.png

tldr The oceans are 0.13% of one trillion cubic kilometers of water. A cubic kilometer is one billion cubic meters. A cubic meter is 1000 liters. A liter of water is 1 kilogram. The oceans weigh over one million trillion tons. So if you take one trillion tons of water from the oceans, there's still 999,999 trillion more.
And there are approximately 45 billion trillion trillion trillion water molecules on Earth right now.

marke

Yes, I created a blog article that provides Science that supports the Bible. Unfortunate that I am not allowed to post that here. So I am not against evidences that support the Bible. What I am not interested in is watching a bunch of Science and or theories. There is a difference.

Actually, it says give a reason for the hope that is in you.

“But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:”​

What is that hope that is in you?
It's Christ in you... who is the hope of glory.

“To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:”​

Here we have hope because Jesus died on the cross for our sins, He was buried, and risen the third day according to the Scriptures (for our salvation). But one reason I would personally give as to why Christ is in me is not evidences for the BIble, but it would be because God changed my life. I used to be an atheist, and God softened my heart with love over the years to one day hear the gospel message (in that Christ died for my sins and He was buried and risen the third day). I was on the wrong road of sin, and God sent me a comic tract called, “This Was Your Life” (In 1992). By this tract, I believed that Christ loved me and died for my sins. I was on the road to hell because of my sins, and Jesus loved me and He gave Himself for me in order to save me to be in His Kingdom. I could not do anything but melt before His love and seek forgiveness of my past life of sin with Jesus. For He suffered greatly on my behalf, and the idea of being cast in the Lake of Fire without Him was not an appealing alternative. In fact, the moment I accepted Jesus as my Savior (by this tract) I had a love, joy, and peace that I had never known before. The Bible became a book that was alive to me (Whereas it was not before). God came into my life and changed. This is why Christ is in me (The hope of glory). My life changed for the better. I no longer was living for my self and my sin, but I was living for Jesus. I was changed and had a purpose in life that truly mattered.

So I would encourage anyone reading here (Who has not known Christ):

God's grace can cancel out a man's past life of sin for whoever believes in Jesus.
The good news. One can be set free and have a new life in Christ.

1 Corinthians 2:4
“And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:”

They cannot challenge my belief in God's Word.
I already believe in it. It's too late for them if they reject His Word in this life.
I am just a messenger of His Word. If they reject it, a few facts about Science is not really going to change their mind.
All I can do is plant the seed, and another one can water.
Faith comes by hearing the Word of God (Romans 10:17) and not Science.

But God's Word is not telling me to do that. That is a wrong interpretation or wrong understanding on 1 Peter 3:15.
First, the creation itself already shows unbelievers that they are without excuse.

“For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:”

Secondly, where did Jesus and the apostles ever try to prove God's existence by Science?

As far as I can tell, they just preached God's Word. Folks either believe or they don't. The choice to believe is up to the individual to receive the seed of the Word of God into their heart. Science is not the seed that they receive in their heart in the parable of the sower. The seed is the Word of God (See: Matthew 13, and Luke 8:11) and the sower of the seed is Jesus (Which is shown in another Parable - See: Matthew 13:37).

But I don't need to believe in theories or Scientific explanations to believe in God's Word or to preach His Word.
Science is not going to win anyone over (Unless one is looking to have a Creationism ministry with making it all about the Creation instead of Jesus). My ministry is Jesus Christ and it is HIM that I preach and not the Creation.

I am simply not interested. My focus is God's Word and not Science.

We learn about God according to His word, and God does conceal things according to His Word for us to find out the matter on.
So this is not exactly Science or theories.
There are things that I discovered in God's Word that were hidden before.
I believe that is what God is primarily meaning here and not a Scientific theory.

When I was new in the faith, this stuff interested me because the Bible was new to me and I wanted to prove God's Word. But as I matured in the Lord and read Scripture more, I found out that was not the way we see it done by Jesus and the apostles. We are told to follow Jesus, and not Creation Ministries (No offense). Granted, if that is what you feel is your calling, then I will not stand in your way, but I strive to do what the Scriptures say and nothing more.

I hope this helps you to see where I am coming from.

Please be well in the Lord.

Sincerely,

~ Jason.
Christians are commissioned by God to go into all the world to preach and teach the Bible to all men. The Bible teaches that the existence of the universe proves that God exists. That is what we preach, not to prove God exists but to bring to light the fact that God Himself proves His existence in the things of creation which are clearly seen, leaving the wicked with no excuse for rejecting God.

For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Right Divider

Body part
Hold on a second.
I heard that scientist found that the universe is expanding away from us (earth) at the same speed in all directions.
How would that be possible unless earth was central?
Sorry to comment on such an old thread, but this post sparked a thought.... It's about the different between "hard science" and sciences like "origin theories" and cosmology.

The idea that "the universe is expanding away from us (earth) at the same speed in all directions" is based on some assumptions about the universe and some observations that are not without problems (red shift). We do NOT have direct observations of these motions of the objects that are at great distances from the earth.

Last edited:

Derf

Sorry to comment on such and old thread, but this post sparked a thought.... It's about the different between "hard science" and sciences like "origin theories" and cosmology.

The idea that "the universe is expanding away from us (earth) at the same speed in all directions" is based on some assumptions about the universe and some observations that are not without problems (red shift). We do NOT have direct observations of these motions of the objects that are at great distances from the earth.
What evidence do you have that a car is moving away from you? Isn't it the light that reaches your eyes? Why is that any different than the light from stars reaching our eyes, at least as far as direct observations goes. We can't do paralax for the distant objects, so direct measurements might not be possible, but direct observations are.

Right Divider

Body part
What evidence do you have that a car is moving away from you? Isn't it the light that reaches your eyes? Why is that any different than the light from stars reaching our eyes, at least as far as direct observations goes.
Because those two are very different. There are many things that we do not know about light coming from great distances.
We can't do paralax for the distant objects, so direct measurements might not be possible, but direct observations are.
Again, the vast different in the distances changes the rules of the game.

Last edited:

Derf

Because those two are very different. There are many things that we do not know about light coming from great distances.

Again, the vast different in the distances change the rules of the game.
But you understand my point, right? We only "directly observe" something by seeing light that emanates from that thing, either by production of its own photons or by reflection of light from another source. So we directly observe distant stars by the light we receive from them, just like a car 100 ft a way from us.

Right Divider

Body part
But you understand my point, right? We only "directly observe" something by seeing light that emanates from that thing, either by production of its own photons or by reflection of light from another source. So we directly observe distant stars by the light we receive from them, just like a car 100 ft a way from us.
There are many things that we do not know about light that travels from distance stars. You get my point, right?