Is the Bible the only sacred texts and why or why not.

popsthebuilder

It is just interesting to see two non-Christians debate on a Christian website.
What grounds do you have to say I am not a Christian when I confess the Lord Christ as my savior?

And likewise gt; she confesses the Lord, even Jesus of Nazareth as savior and GOD.

you make false claims simply because our doctrine differs from yours; when in reality there is only one Way.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

God's Truth

It is evident that you revel in the two of us(gt and i) being in disagreement; to the point of siding with both within back to back posts if I'm not mistaken.

We aren't to promote strife....;even among those whom we deme as enemies in our vanity.

It makes me glad to see that you notice that about Bright Raven.

Now do you see why I did not like it that you would give 'thanks' to Meshak who calls me a fake Christian?

Maybe now you will see how she is just as bad as BR and many here.

God's Truth

Pops, I had to act as if I agreed with BR about something, just to try to get you to see why it bothered me when you would befriend and give 'thanks' to Meshak, a person who goes against me all the time and says I am not a Christian. I hope you understand now.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What grounds do you have to say I am not a Christian when I confess the Lord Christ as my savior?

And likewise gt; she confesses the Lord, even Jesus of Nazareth as savior and GOD.

you make false claims simply because our doctrine differs from yours; when in reality there is only one Way.

You study the Quran as a sacred book. What am I supposed to think? Do you take it as Gospel? Does it override the Bible? God's truth does not accept the Trinity. She does not understand the nature of God. How in the world do I call either of you Christian?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Pops, I had to act as if I agreed with BR about something, just to try to get you to see why it bothered me when you would befriend and give 'thanks' to Meshak, a person who goes against me all the time and says I am not a Christian. I hope you understand now.

Rather deceitful, eh?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You have proven that you don't know what that is.

Pops explained to you that what you were doing was not right.

What you do is wrong.

Jesus Christ himself saved me and you are in no position to take away from God.

I am in a position to judge fruit.

Matthew 7:15-20 New International Version (NIV)

15 “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16 By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17 Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

God's Truth

I am in a position to judge fruit.

Matthew 7:15-20 New International Version (NIV)

15 “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16 By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17 Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

I am on this site to talk about God and debate religions, denominations, scriptures and doctrines.

I am not here to hear what YOU think of me personally.

God's Truth

Jesus calls His Father 'Father'.
Jesus does not call Himself His 'Father'.

There are three.

The Father is SPIRIT.

The Father is not a spiritless Person; or, the Father is not a SEPARATE PERSON with a Spirit and Person besides Him.

Jesus is God the Father come in the flesh as a man; the same spirit that Jesus had as a man is the same Spirit of God the Father.

God's Truth

Pops,

So you see that it hurts when a friend sides with a condemner?

So you see that I am jealous with a godly jealousy; not much unlike a wife to her husband, and a husband to his wife?

God says He is a jealous God.

You go to other prophets and other books.

You would change what the Bible clearly says just to defend the Qur'an, and the book of Enoch.

popsthebuilder

You made the initial statement.

He only asked a question initially.