Is the Bible the only sacred texts and why or why not.

God's Truth

Now now....you're getting angry again. Wouldn't you love to know that Jesus can give you rest?

You would have no need to be defensive, or angry, or desperate.

You have to lie about me and try to ridicule me to defend your false doctrines.

All I have to do is speak God's Truth and you get riled up.

glorydaz

Romans 3:18 "There is no fear of God before their eyes."

Romans 3:31 Do we, then, nullify the Law by this faith? By no means! Instead, we uphold the Law.

The PURPOSE OF THE LAW. You keep missing what the Law was for and what it wasn't for.

It was not to make men righteous, or justify men, or give anyone life.

God's Truth

The PURPOSE OF THE LAW. You keep missing what the Law was for and what it wasn't for.

It was not to make men righteous, or justify men, or give anyone life.

The old law had works involved, they were the works of the law called the purification/ceremonial works. Those works were The Burnt Offering; The Grain Offering; The Fellowship Offering; The Sin Offering; The Guilt Offering; Dietary Laws; Purification After Childbirth; Cleansing From Infectious Skin Diseases; Cleansing From Mildew; Discharges Causing Uncleanness; The Day of Atonement; Rules for Priests; The Sabbath; Firstfruits; The Passover and Unleavened Bread; Feast of Weeks; Feast of Trumpets; Feast of Tabernacles; Oil and Bread Set Before The LORD; the Sabbath Year; The Year of Jubilee; Circumcision.

The people had to do those works. Theirs is the adoption as sons; theirs the divine glory and the covenants; theirs the giving of the Law, the temple worship, and the promises. Theirs are the patriarchs, and from them proceeds the human descent of Christ, who is God over all.

If a person did not do the works of the law, then they were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world.

Jesus came and taught the rules and guidelines for the new law, the new covenant.
Then he shed his blood on the cross for the new covenant.

Paul became a minister of that new covenant.

popsthebuilder

Now you're calling me an "open liar". Not very smart.

I was not wishing anything on you, simple simon. I was saying exactly what Jesus said.

Matthew 12:37
37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.​
And I was saying the same goes for you.

I quoted you saying I am condemned.

Now you want to pretend like you didn't say it.

Whatever.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

popsthebuilder

Yep, that's the purpose of the law.

Romans 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.​

Guilt is used by the law only to bring us to faith in Jesus Christ. After faith is come, guilt is no longer to be embraced. Paul says to be aware... "Lest satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices". Clearly, you are ignorant of his devices. Guilt is one of satan's greatest tools....the accuser of the brethren, remember? And you encourage it? Oh dear.

What does the enemy say? "You sinned". "You're failed again." "You'll never live up to His demands." "(Christ did NOT pay your sins -only those you are sorry for, only those you confess, only those you swear to never do again)."

Go ahead, God's UNtruth, preach that believers cannot trust in God to save them to the uttermost. Tell them how it's a good thing to feel GUILT instead of that Peace that passes all understanding.
Nonsense; there is a Godly sorrow that leads to repentance if we believe and follow the Way.

You denying that we are to follow and heed our conscience is simply wrong.

Acts 24: 14. But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets: 15. And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust. 16. And herein do I exercise myself, to have always a conscience void of offence toward God, and toward men.

1 Peter 2: 18. Servants, be subject to your masters with all fear; not only to the good and gentle, but also to the froward. 19. For this is thankworthy, if a man for conscience toward God endure grief, suffering wrongfully. 20. For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God. 21. For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: 22. Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth: 23. Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously: 24. Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed. 25. For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

Hebrews 9: 13. For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh: 14. How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God? 15. And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance. 27. And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: 28. So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

Hebrews 10: 15. Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before, 16. This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; 17. And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more. 18. Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin. 19. Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, 20. By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh; 21. And having an high priest over the house of God; 22. Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water. 23. Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) 24. And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: 25. Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching. 26. For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, 27. But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. 28. He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: 29. Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace? 30. For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people. 31. It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God. 32. But call to remembrance the former days, in which, after ye were illuminated, ye endured a great fight of afflictions; 33. Partly, whilst ye were made a gazingstock both by reproaches and afflictions; and partly, whilst ye became companions of them that were so used. 34. For ye had compassion of me in my bonds, and took joyfully the spoiling of your goods, knowing in yourselves that ye have in heaven a better and an enduring substance. 35. Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward. 36. For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise. 37. For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry. 38. Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. 39. But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

1 Timothy 4: 1. Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; 2. Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; 7. But refuse profane and old wives' fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness. 8. For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come. 9. This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation. 10. For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe. 11. These things command and teach. 12. Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity. 13. Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine. 14. Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery. 15. Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all. 16. Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.

Titus 1: 10. For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision: 11. Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake. 12. One of themselves, even a prophet of their own, said, The Cretians are alway liars, evil beasts, slow bellies. 13. This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith; 14. Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth. 15. Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled. 16. They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

Romans 2: 14. For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: 15. Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;) 16. In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel. 17. Behold, thou art called a Jew, and restest in the law, and makest thy boast of God, 18. And knowest his will, and approvest the things that are more excellent, being instructed out of the law; 19. And art confident that thou thyself art a guide of the blind, a light of them which are in darkness, 20. An instructor of the foolish, a teacher of babes, which hast the form of knowledge and of the truth in the law. 21. Thou therefore which teachest another, teachest thou not thyself? thou that preachest a man should not steal, dost thou steal? 22. Thou that sayest a man should not commit adultery, dost thou commit adultery? thou that abhorrest idols, dost thou commit sacrilege? 24. For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written. 26. Therefore if the uncircumcision keep the righteousness of the law, shall not his uncircumcision be counted for circumcision? 28. For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: 29. But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

1 Peter 3: 15. But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear: 16. Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ. 17. For it is better, if the will of God be so, that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing. 18. For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

1 Timothy 1: 18. This charge I commit unto thee, son Timothy, according to the prophecies which went before on thee, that thou by them mightest war a good warfare; 19. Holding faith, and a good conscience; which some having put away concerning faith have made shipwreck: 1 Timothy 1: 20. Of whom is Hymenaeus and Alexander; whom I have delivered unto Satan, that they may learn not to blaspheme.

1 Timothy 1: 5. Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned: 6. From which some having swerved have turned aside unto vain jangling; 7. Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm. 8. But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully; 9. Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, 10. For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine; 11. According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust. 12. And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry; 13. Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief. 14. And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus. 15. This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. 16. Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting. 17. Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Hebrews 13: 16. But to do good and to communicate forget not: for with such sacrifices God is well pleased. 17. Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you. 18. Pray for us: for we trust we have a good conscience, in all things willing to live honestly.

Hebrews 9: 14. How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God? 15. And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

(Yet some would have us believe that the conscience cannot be followed, neither going in, and also trying to stop others from entering. Sorry for the long post; I know some don't care to read scripture evidently)

Last edited:

popsthebuilder

And it's sad because there is such desperation there. Look at the various ones who post here with the same mindset....defensive and angry. :sigh:
Yeah it might be hard for some people to not get defensive when you say they are set for destruction or Eternal damnation, unsaved, or crazy.

popsthebuilder

Now you're calling me an "open liar". Not very smart.

I was not wishing anything on you, simple simon. I was saying exactly what Jesus said.

Matthew 12:37
37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.​
Maybe not too smart if I cared what other people think of me, or if I feared what any man can do.

The truth is that I couldn't care less.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
According to you, Paul did destroy the church

Not according to me. According to Scripture. I'm just repeating what Scripture says. Paul did, in fact, destroy the church.

by preaching a completely different gospel.

No, by thinking He was doing God a favor by persecuting the converts of the Twelve.

God's Truth

Not according to me. According to Scripture. I'm just repeating what Scripture says. Paul did, in fact, destroy the church.

No, by thinking He was doing God a favor by persecuting the converts of the Twelve.

No, you preach that Paul taught things opposing the words of Jesus.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
No, you preach that Paul taught things opposing the words of Jesus.

No, GT. I show using scripture that Paul taught something different than what Jesus taught during His earthly ministry.

God's Truth

Because of the false teachings that faith alone is good, believe alone is good, without obedience is good...because of that worldwide massive false teachings that are against the Holy Spirit, the Holy Spirit who convicts those who do the sin of unbelief, unbelief in what Jesus taught, what Jesus taught about no more sinning, because of your false teachings, people cannot say that they are Christian and thus alert those around that they will not be manipulated to sin with them, that the Christian they are speaking to is opposed to them, that they are not wanted for friendship, or family-ship, that they should keep away, unless ready to show yourself as a saint.

All you here that go against obeying Jesus are helping to destroy the world, and to destroy lives individual lives.

Mark 7:13 Thus you nullify the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like that."