Is the Bible the only sacred texts and why or why not.

Zeke

You did not answer the question. What other core text is there for the Christian besides the Bible?

The heart is where the Spirit's testament is hidden, your basing your beliefs second hand on an outside source that now sits on your throne.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
What are you going on about?

The Spirit of GOD never died.

The Holy Temple was destroyed and raised back up.

This is not refuted by the Quran.

What teachings are you focusing on? The only one that is relevant is the teaching on what one does. Guess what! Both say to DO the same thing for the same reason.

the Quran doesn't refute that Jesus is the Messiah. It refutes that any can kill GOD.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

To re-respond to this...

I said and showed that the Quran claims explicitly that Jesus WAS NOT CRUCIFIED.

I then showed that the Bible CLEARLY STATES THAT CHRIST WAS IN FACT CRUCIFIED.

The Law of non-contradiction states that both the Quran and the Bible cannot be correct. It's one or the other.

Which one is correct, Pops, the Quran, which states that Jesus was not crucified, or the Bible, which states (John 19:16-18 and other passages) that Jesus WAS crucified?

popsthebuilder

What don't you get about the temporal and material perishing but the Spirit not?
To re-respond to this...

I said and showed that the Quran claims explicitly that Jesus WAS NOT CRUCIFIED.

I then showed that the Bible CLEARLY STATES THAT CHRIST WAS IN FACT CRUCIFIED.

The Law of non-contradiction states that both the Quran and the Bible cannot be correct. It's one or the other.

Which one is correct, Pops, the Quran, which states that Jesus was not crucified, or the Bible, which states (John 19:16-18 and other passages) that Jesus WAS crucified?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
What don't you get about the temporal and material perishing but the Spirit not?

That has absolutely nothing to do with what I'm asking you.

My point is that either the Quran is correct when it says that Jesus was not crucified, or the Bible is correct when it says that Jesus WAS crucified. It can't be both.

Pops, WHICH IS CORRECT?:

A) The Quran (Jesus was not crucified)
B) The Bible (Jesus was crucified)

popsthebuilder

It has everything to do with it and shows both texts to be correct.

You just refuse to admit it.
That has absolutely nothing to do with what I'm asking you.

My point is that either the Quran is correct when it says that Jesus was not crucified, or the Bible is correct when it says that Jesus WAS crucified. It can't be both.

Pops, WHICH IS CORRECT?:

A) The Quran (Jesus was not crucified)
B) The Bible (Jesus was crucified)

popsthebuilder

2:60. And (recall the time) when Moses prayed for water for his people and We said (to him),

‘Go with your people and smite that particular rock with your staff.’ So (when he did so) there gushed forth from it twelve springs so that every tribe came to know of its drinking place.

(We said,) ‘Eat and drink of sustenance provided by Allâh and commit not transgression in the land like peace-breakers.’

popsthebuilder

2:62. Surely, those who (profess to) believe (in Islam), and those who follow the Jewish faith, the Christians and the Sabians, whosoever (of these truly) believes in Allâh and the Last Day and acts righteously shall have their reward with their Lord, and shall have nothing to fear, nor shall they grieve.

2:64. Then, (even) after that you went back (upon your covenant). Had it not been for the grace of Allâh and His mercy upon you, you would have certainly been of the losers.

2:67. (Recall) when Moses said to his people for their own good, ‘Verily, Allâh commands you to slaughter a cow.’ They said, ‘Do you make a mockery of us?’ He said, ‘I seek refuge with Allâh from being (one) of the ignorant.’2:68. They said, ‘Pray for us to your Lord to make clear to us what (kind of a cow) it is.’ He replied, ‘Says He, “It indeed is a cow neither too old nor too young, (but) of middle age, in between.” Now do as you are commanded.’

2:71. He said, ‘He (- God) says, “It is indeed a cow neither broken in to plough the land nor to water the tillage, perfectly sound (without any blemish), no spot on her”, (she is of one colour).’ They said, ‘Now you have (after all) brought the exact truth (with the necessary description).’ So they slaughtered her, though they had no mind to do it.

popsthebuilder

2:72. And (recall also) when you had (nearly) killed a (great) man (- Jesus), then you differed among yourselves respecting it (- the crucifixion). And Allâh will bring to light that (- Jesus did not die on the cross) which you had been hiding.

(Parenthesis are additions)

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
It has everything to do with it and shows both texts to be correct.

You just refuse to admit it.

So this:

And [for] their saying, "Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah ." And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain.[Quran 4:157]

Says the same as this?:

Then he delivered Him to them to be crucified. Then they took Jesus and led Him away.And He, bearing His cross, went out to a place called the Place of a Skull, which is called in Hebrew, Golgotha,where they crucified Him, and two others with Him, one on either side, and Jesus in the center. - John 19:16-18 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John19:16-18&version=NKJV

Pops, was Jesus Crucified?

popsthebuilder

Refer to post #2028; I've already answered you.

Was HIS Spirit killed?
So this:

And [for] their saying, "Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah ." And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain.[Quran 4:157]

Says the same as this?:

Then he delivered Him to them to be crucified. Then they took Jesus and led Him away.And He, bearing His cross, went out to a place called the Place of a Skull, which is called in Hebrew, Golgotha,where they crucified Him, and two others with Him, one on either side, and Jesus in the center. - John 19:16-18 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John19:16-18&version=NKJV

Pops, was Jesus Crucified?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I'm not asking if He was killed. I'm asking if He was crucified.

Refer to post #2028; I've already answered you.

Was HIS Spirit killed?

Pops, stop evading and answer the question.

Was Jesus Crucified?

A) Yes
B) No
C) I don't know

The Bible says He was crucified.

Quran 4:157 says He was not crucified, and that the Jews lied about it.

popsthebuilder

I already showed that the Quran plainly and clearly states that the man Jesus was killed. Now answer my question. Was HIS Spirit killed along with HIS Holy Temple?
I'm not asking if He was killed. I'm asking if He was crucified.

Pops, stop evading and answer the question.

Was Jesus Crucified?

A) Yes
B) No
C) I don't know

The Bible says He was crucified.

Quran 4:157 says He was not crucified, and that the Jews lied about it.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I already showed that the Quran plainly and clearly states that the man Jesus was killed. Now answer my question. Was HIS Spirit killed along with HIS Holy Temple?

Once again, I am not asking if He was killed.

I am asking this:

Pops, was Jesus CRUCIFIED!?

A) Yes
B) No
C) I don't know.

popsthebuilder

Already answered; now be a sir and answer mine instead of acting like it is an unrelated issue, please.

cru·ci·fy

ˈkro͞osəˌfī/

verb

put (someone) to death by nailing or binding them to a cross, especially as an ancient punishment.

"two thieves were crucified with Jesus"

synonyms:nail to a cross;

execute, put to death, kill

Once again, I am not asking if He was killed.

I am asking this:

Pops, was Jesus CRUCIFIED!?

A) Yes
B) No
C) I don't know.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Already answered; now be a sir and answer mine instead of acting like it is an unrelated issue, please.

cru·ci·fy

ˈkro͞osəˌfī/

verb

put (someone) to death by nailing or binding them to a cross, especially as an ancient punishment.

synonyms:nail to a cross;

execute, put to death, kill

I will take that to mean "A) Yes" (Jesus was crucified).

Then you would have no problem saying that this verse is incorrect when it says "they did not kill Him, nor did they crucify Him"?

And [for] their saying, "Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah ." And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain. (Quran 4:157)

A) Yes, that verse is wrong
B) No, that verse does not contradict my other verses
C) I don't know

popsthebuilder

I will take that to mean "A) Yes" (Jesus was crucified).

Then you would have no problem saying that this verse is incorrect when it says "they did not kill Him, nor did they crucify Him"?

And [for] their saying, "Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah ." And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain. (Quran 4:157)

A) Yes, that verse is wrong
B) No, that verse does not contradict my other verses
C) I don't know
You sure are good at acting dense.

Again; how is it that you cannot grasp that the material holy temple of GOD was destroyed and raised back up by the will of GOD for the sake of all, as fortold and prophesied from before the written word.

There is no contradiction. Only a haughty fool would think they could ever kill the Spirit of GOD; though they indeed did slay the calf without blemish; which i also aluded to today in this thread using the Quran.

So you actually think that man killed the Spirit?!

Because you choose to limit you your cognition you may not be able to grasp simple truths. However; such limits you impart on your self on no way affect or limit the capacities of GOD.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You sure are good at acting dense.

Again; how is it that you cannot grasp that the material holy temple of GOD was destroyed and raised back up by the will of GOD for the sake of all, as fortold and prophesied from before the written word.

There is no contradiction. Only a haughty fool would think they could ever kill the Spirit of GOD; though they indeed did slay the calf without blemish; which o also aluded to today in this thread using the Quran.

So you actually think that man killed the Spirit?!

Why are YOU so dense? Why is it so hard for you to answer a simple question?

ANSWER THE QUESTIONS PUT TO YOU, because they are FUNDAMENTAL to answering yours.

Does this verse:

And [for] their saying, "Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah ." And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain.

say that Jesus was not killed or crucified?

A) Yes
B) No
C) I don't know

THE CORRECT ANSWER IS YES.

Pops: DOES THE QURAN STATE THAT JESUS WAS KILLED/CRUCIFIED?

NO

The Quran DENIES that Jesus was crucified. The Quran DENIES that Jesus was killed.

The law of non-contradiction states that contradictory statements cannot both be true at the same time.

POPS, ANSWER THIS QUESTION:

Does the Bible state that Jesus was killed/crucified?

popsthebuilder

You are making things up. I already showed you the verses that show Jesus was killed in the Quran. I have also already showed you how this is not a contradiction because though the temporal physical manifestation and holy Temple of God was destroyed and raised back up this in no way means that the spirit of God has ever died especially by the hands of man.

ANSWER THE QUESTIONS PUT TO YOU, because they are FUNDAMENTAL to answering yours.

Does this verse:

And [for] their saying, "Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah ." And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain.

A) Yes
B) No
C) I don't know

NO

The Quran DENIES that Jesus was crucified. The Quran DENIES that Jesus was killed.

The law of non-contradiction states that contradictory statements cannot both be true at the same time.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You are making things up. I already showed you the verses that show Jesus was killed in the Quran. I have also already showed you how this is not a contradiction because though the temporal physical manifestation and holy Temple of God was destroyed and raised back up this in no way means that the spirit of God has ever died especially by the hands of man.

So then this verse with the additions removed:

QUOTE=popsthebuilder;5247236
2:72. And when you had killed a man, then you differed among yourselves respecting it. And Allâh will bring to light that which you had been hiding.
/QUOTE

first of all says nothing about Jesus.

WITH the additions, IT DENIES THAT HE WAS CRUCIFIED.

So which is it, Pops, are the additions correct or incorrect?

According to that verse, was Jesus crucified or was He not?

Answer my question, Pops:

Does this verse:

A) Yes
B) No
C) I don't know

NO

Pops: Does the Bible state that Jesus was killed/crucified?

popsthebuilder

So then this verse with the additions removed:

QUOTE=popsthebuilder;5247236
2:72. And when you had killed a man, then you differed among yourselves respecting it. And Allâh will bring to light that which you had been hiding.
/QUOTE

first of all says nothing about Jesus.

WITH the additions, IT DENIES THAT HE WAS CRUCIFIED.

So which is it, Pops, are the additions correct or incorrect?

According to that verse, was Jesus crucified or was He not?

Answer my question, Pops:

Pops: Does the Bible state that Jesus was killed/crucified?

Why do you keep asking the same thing as if I haven't shown that the Quran specifically states that the man Jesus was physically killed?

Refer to the post before the one you qouted without additions.

2:71. He said, ‘He (- God) says, “It is indeed a cow neither broken in to plough the land nor to water the tillage, perfectly sound (without any blemish), no spot on her”, (she is of one colour).’ They said, ‘Now you have (after all) brought the exact truth (with the necessary description).’ So they slaughtered her, though they had no mind to do it.

2:73. So We said, ‘Judge it in the context of its other circumstances.’ That is how Allâh brings the dead (for Jesus being dead to all appearances) to life, and He shows you His signs so that you may refrain (from evil).

2:74. Then your hearts hardened after that, so that they were (hard) like rocks or harder still; for there are rocks out of which streams come gushing forth, and there are some others out of which (some) water comes forth when they split asunder. And indeed there are some (hearts) that humble themselves for awe of Allâh. And Allâh is not at all unmindful as to what you do.

(if you cannot see that all these verses are speaking about Jesus then perhaps ask GOD for discernment. Please consider that you are coming off as quite disingenuous presently; to little ole me.)