Is Obedience a Condition of Salvation?

beloved57

Nanja

The ungodly sinners that Christ made Righteous Rom. 5:19, were made so by His One Obedience / the Blood of Christ on their behalf;

and His Resurrection confirms that fact:

Rom. 4:25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification [Salvation].

Exactly, so many professing christians are in the dark on the fact Christs Resurrection gives proof that those for whom sins He was delivered are Justified as a result.

So then what shall follow, as a Testimony of their Justification before God, each one of them shall be raised to New Spiritual Life / Quickened by the Spirit,

and be given the Fruit of Faith Gal.5:22 and Repentance.

Such Spiritual Wisdom Thanks to the Lord !

Nanja

Nanja

Exactly, so many professing christians are in the dark on the fact Christs Resurrection gives proof that those for whom sins He was delivered are Justified as a result.

Thanking Him indeed my Brother !

oatmeal

Many people know about God, but how many Christians actually are converted and follow God. As Christ did at Gethsemane we must set aside all and follow Gods will. Jesus came across someone who asked this same question:
Matthew 19:16-17
"16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.'

This young ruler obviously lived “a good life.” He’d convinced himself that he had “made it” in both before others and in his spiritual life. Yet, for all that, he sensed something was missing.

Was Jesus telling the rich young ruler to do something meritorious when He told him to keep the commandments? Obviously not, for salvation is "not of works, lest any man should boast." But was Jesus telling this man plainly what the condition of salvation was? If we will enter into eternal life, what is necessary?

What was Christ saying to the rich young ruler. Was obedience a condition or a requirement that we must meet before God can save us? If we look, Christ wanted more than obedience, Christ was showing that true obedience includes our outward deeds, but it is not just our outward deeds. True obedience is both the outward deed and the inner motive that prompts the deed.

We see Christ get to this with the rich young ruler:
Matthew 19:20-22
"20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?
21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.
22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions."

In order to be saved a person must be converted, and conversion is what makes true obedience possible. Unconverted people cannot truly obey God, they can "talk" about God, but not fully "walk" with Him. The condition or the basis for our salvation is faith. The result of our salvation is obedience. Those who aren't really converted and will be lost at the end, can’t obey. The truly converted or saved at the end, will obey.

Fulfilling the requirements to receive salvation as given in Romans 10:9 requires that we obey Romans 10:9

DAN P

Thats not true, and thast is not what Rom 10:9 says ! Thats legalism

Hi B 57 , and here is what Rom 10:9 really means !!

The Greek word THOU SHALT CONFESS / HOMOLOGEO is controlled by the SUBJECTIVE MOOD and says they will confess OR not confess !

#2 , THY / SOU is in the GENITIVE CASE !!

#3 MOUTH / STOMA is in the DATIVE CASE or the direct object to confess the LORD !!

#4 LORD / KYRIOS is in the ACCUSATIVE CASE and means that confess HAS to be LIMITED to only to the LORD !

#5 And the name JESUS / LESOUS is also in the ACCUSATIVE case and can also mean it is LIMITED TO THE NAME OF JESUS !!

#6 And if THOU SHALL BE SAVED / SOZO is in the FUTURE TENSE , PASSIVE VOICE and in the INDICATIVE MOOD , so tell me WHY ??

So point out the LEGALISM , IF YOU CAN ??

dan p

beloved57

Hi B 57 , and here is what Rom 10:9 really means !!

The Greek word THOU SHALT CONFESS / HOMOLOGEO is controlled by the SUBJECTIVE MOOD and says they will confess OR not confess !

#2 , THY / SOU is in the GENITIVE CASE !!

#3 MOUTH / STOMA is in the DATIVE CASE or the direct object to confess the LORD !!

#4 LORD / KYRIOS is in the ACCUSATIVE CASE and means that confess HAS to be LIMITED to only to the LORD !

#5 And the name JESUS / LESOUS is also in the ACCUSATIVE case and can also mean it is LIMITED TO THE NAME OF JESUS !!

#6 And if THOU SHALL BE SAVED / SOZO is in the FUTURE TENSE , PASSIVE VOICE and in the INDICATIVE MOOD , so tell me WHY ??

So point out the LEGALISM , IF YOU CAN ??

dan p

I didnt say that verse is legalism, where you get that from ?

DAN P

You need to pay attention to what you read and the context in which the statement was made ! Im not here to baby you

Hi and you DO NEED to be babied as Heb 5:11-14 and leave the MILK behind as STRONG meant belongs to those with TEETH !!

dan p

Hobie

BANNED
Banned
Nanja

Justification is fine but must not forget what comes after through the Holy Spirit..

1 Peter 1:2

Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

beloved57

Justification is fine but must not forget what comes after through the Holy Spirit..

1 Peter 1:2

Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.
Obedience follows Justification/Sanctification. Just remember once you make obedience a condition for salvation/justification and not a evidence, you fall into grave error friend.

Nanja

Obedience follows Justification/Sanctification. Just remember once you make obedience a condition for salvation/justification and not a evidence, you fall into grave error friend.
Exactly Brother, hence all those Christ died for shall be made obedient by the Work of the Spirit given them in New Birth; an effect and fruit of the Success that Christ's Death brings them.

beloved57

Exactly Brother, hence all those Christ died for shall be made obedient by the Work of the Spirit given them in New Birth; an effect and fruit of the Success that Christ's Death brings them.
Cant be stated any better Sister !

Hobie

BANNED
Banned
I would agree that 'condition' seems a bit harder than the 'evidence' of salvation, so its just a matter of degree but we are on the right road.

Jerry Shugart

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal lif" (Jn.3;16).