Is Mother Teresa Qualified to Be a Saint?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Is Mother Teresa Qualified to Be a Saint? Proclaiming the Gospel Ministries] "Mother Teresa, who dedicated her life to helping India's poor, will be made a saint by the Roman Catholic Church after a second miracle was attributed to her. In the Roman Catholic religion, :eek:linger: in order for a person to be
emoticones_gestos_cruzando-los-dedos2_en.PlanetaEmoticon.com.gif
sainted, they must be credited with bringing about two miracles after their death through their intercession.

[Mike Gendron Comment] The widespread perception that Mother Teresa sought to relieve the suffering of the poor was the furthest thing from the truth. She believed suffering would help the poor make satisfaction for their sins. This is consistent with Roman Catholic theology which declares the sinner must "make satisfaction for" or "expiate" his sins by doing penance (Catechism of the Catholic Church, para. 1459). At the end of her life, Mother Teresa doubted the existence of God and heaven. In her private letters she wrote: "Lord, my God, you have thrown [me] away as unwanted and unloved. I call, I cling, I want, and there is no one to answer, no, no one. Where is my faith? There is nothing, I have no faith."

Yet in spite of her lack of faith and her rejection of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, :poly: the pope will declare her a saint. Read more of Mike's comments in his interview with Christian News Network." Pro-Gospel.org

bybee

what are your qualifications?

Amen Brother! I am humbled by the work Mother Theresa did in the gutters of India with the unloved, throw-away children that no one else was bothering with.
I do not wish to walk a mile in her moccasins. That is the only way I could presume to judge her.
May God bless her for the helping hand she extended even through her crisis of faith.
Really loving people seem to become targets of really unloving people.

theophilus

Are any of us really "qualified" to be Saints?

What about when the Books are opened and every man is judged for his deeds?

Maybe Mother will be saved "as if by fire."

God is gracious and merciful...and His mercy endures forever.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Amen Brother! I am humbled by the work Mother Theresa did in the gutters of India with the unloved, throw-away children that no one else was bothering with.
I do not wish to walk a mile in her moccasins. That is the only way I could presume to judge her.
May God bless her for the helping hand she extended even through her crisis of faith.
Really loving people seem to become targets of really unloving people.
:yawn: Pr 31:9, 16:25, 27:5 :dizzy:

See:

Should Christians Judge? By Bob Enyart

Last edited:

PureX

Is Lady Gaga qualified to be proclaimed Miss Universe?

Well, being that the 'Miss Universe' title was invented and is conferred by the Miss Universe Pageant, and they have always been in charge of determining the qualifications the title, I guess the logical thing to do would either be to follow there guidelines, or just ask them directly.

But, this being TOL; the internet capital of passing judgment on others, this line of logic will not be acceptable. Especially when the whole purpose of asking the question in the first place was to slander Catholicism, and not to obtain an actual answer t the question being asked.