Is marital rape scripturally defensible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
The flameout has begun...

No, it just ended. I'm sure you all enjoy frustrating people and acting like obnoxious fools. Being that this thread even exists and you all actually think it's reasonable is only one testament to that. You all sting posters up and pummel them with your rank, pompous opinions and move on to the next. I've seen it a million times just in the small week I've been here.

It's pitiful. You all will not get that enjoyment from me. This is my last post, so.. too bad for you all.

PS
Condolences to the few on here who have to be on the receiving end of your fellow posters who are full of crap.

rougueone

Got 5 minutes?

Marriage between a man and woman is a very sacred fellowship with the Father in Jesus.. All Three are married. Yet the man is accountable to God as an individual as is the wife. Still maintaining the marriage however.

Lets reflect on what Jesus commanded:

Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?”

37 Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”
From Genesis to Revelation nothing usurps these commands.
Matthew 22:36 37 38 39 40

Principles of Marriage:
Ephesians 5:22 - 32
22 Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord.
23 For the husband is head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church; and He is the Savior of the body.
24 Therefore, just as the church is subject to Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything.
25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her,
26 that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word,
27 that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish.
28 So husbands ought to love their own wives as their own bodies; he who loves his wife loves himself.
29 For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as the Lord does the church.
30 For we are members of His body, of His flesh and of His bones.
31 "For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh."
32 This is a great mystery, but I speak concerning Christ and the church.
33 Nevertheless let each one of you in particular so love his own wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband.

Noting that the wife is in submissive love for God by submitting to her husband outside of sex. MEN do your job. Discuss with your wife all things, as all things affect her life as well . Make your decisions based upon her life and yours as married in Christ. :

Humility ( submitting ) is absolutely that which is highly exalted. It is not ever to be viewed as an act of inferiority. A wife recognizes her position and is to bring out the best in Christ being formed in her husband. Again they are co-equal with each other in Christ.
The man honors his wife in submission to Gods commands by loving her, providing for her, protecting her, and also bringing out the best in Christ of his wife. Neither as Scripture states, owns their body. They both submit sexually.

1 Corinthians 7:1-11
7 Now concerning the things of which you wrote to me:

It is good for a man not to touch a woman. ( because Paul reasons it is better to remain single and be 100 % devoted to God ) .
2 Nevertheless, because of sexual immorality, let each man have his own wife, and let each woman have her own husband. 3 Let the husband render to his wife the affection due her, and likewise also the wife to her husband. 4 The wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. And likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does. 5 Do not deprive one another except with consent for a time, that you may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again so that Satan does not tempt you because of your lack of self-control. ....( Self control. Discipline.) But I say this as a concession, not as a commandment. 7 For I wish that all men were even as I myself. But each one has his own gift from God, one in this manner and another in that.

8 But I say to the unmarried and to the widows: It is good for them if they remain even as I am; 9 but if they cannot exercise self-control, let them marry. For it is better to marry than to burn with passion.
Keep Your Marriage Vows

10 Now to the married I command, yet not I but the Lord: A wife is not to depart from her husband. 11 But even if she does depart, let her remain unmarried or be reconciled to her husband. And a husband is not to divorce his wife.

This answers where I stand on this issue. Rape is not remotely love. It is pure evil. If ones wife is not submitting ( or the man ), then in Gods love talk to each other. And find out why. Heavy emphasis guy's, your decisions and the motive behind them is known by God . As men we hold the burden of responsibility. Remembering that LOVE is a commitment. Again, marriage is a very sacred fellowship with Jesus.

Last edited:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
1 Corinthians 7:4
The wife does not have authority over her own body but yields it to her husband. In the same way, the husband does not have authority over his own body but yields it to his wife.

Forgot half the verse, Bro.

This is going to be fun. A few women on here who can't acknowledge anything on the subject of rape or feminism, go afterward and try to make a display of what I and others say to get them to fight their battle. Which is pretty cowardly.
And stereotypical.

thank you crucible - that's the scripture i was looking for

the fact is, "rape" isn't recognized with in a Godly marriage

all those other "marriages"?

who cares? :idunno:

Actually it is:

Question: "What does the Bible say about spousal/marital rape?"
http://www.gotquestions.org/spousal-rape.html

ok loser proven wrong again.

badp

buythecowbeforemilk.jpg

Does this about sum things up?

:troll:

ClimateSanity

My post was taken out of context from the start, as if I condone men forcing themselves on women. If you care to look at the OP, which you will nonetheless agree with that little infant on.

You know what
I'm done here. You all aren't 'sane people', or Christians either. You all just look for ways to be obnoxious, self righteous idiots, I've sat here and seen it go on with half the threads throughout the site. What they hell is the matter with you all? Take Christian off your usernames and call this site something other than 'Theology Online' because that's just a damned joke.

Why did you let them win? They are not here for real discussion. They are here to either get you to leave or get yourself banned. You fell for it. Once you notice a person is engaging you in a trolling and agitating manner, never engage them again. Talk to people who are sympathetic to you. They will engage the trolls for you. Don't go it alone. Find some common ground with a few people and work as a team.

OCTOBER23

In the days of Fall,
The leaves that are green turn to brown
And they whither with the wind
And they crumble in your hand

Once my heart was filled with love of a girl
I held her close, but she faded in the night
Like a poem I meant to write
And the leaves that are green turn to brown
And they wither with the wind

I threw a pebble in a brook
And watched the ripples run away
And they never made a sound
And the leaves that are green now turn to brown
They wither with the wind
Time has come to collect the leaves
And Time will come to all.

genuineoriginal

No, it's a shame for your wife that your defining characteristics for marriage are based on misogynistic ideals.

_____
defining characteristic
A property held by all members of a class of object that is so distinctive that it is sufficient to determine membership in that class. A property that defines that which possesses it.
_____​

_____
The definition of marriage varies according to different cultures, but it is principally an institution in which interpersonal relationships, usually sexual, are acknowledged. In some cultures, marriage is recommended or considered to be compulsory before pursuing any sexual activity.
_____​

Maybe your wife can explain to you what "definition" means.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
This thread is about a five year old girl who is too much of a wimp to handle her own discussions, so she plays you all like a fiddle to come handle her child's play...

Would you guys please stop insulting Anna? Disagree with her if you want. Dispute her opinions if you so please.

But there is simply no good reason to insult her or call her names.

You are displeased with the fact that she's refusing to engage in the argument? Then don't engage her.

Imagine for a moment that you were actually having a discussion offline with a woman (or, for that matter, even a man) who were behaving like anna, showing a clear disagreement with your views, but were otherwise unwilling to support his or her views.

You would, if you have any decency at all, I wager, do one of three things:

1. Calmly explain and provide reasons for your own position.
2. Switch topics.
3. End the discussion entirely and find something else better to do.

Again, I insist: there is no good reason to belittle, insult, etc. anna or anyone else.

musterion

My post was taken out of context from the start, as if I condone men forcing themselves on women. If you care to look at the OP, which you will nonetheless agree with that little infant on.

You know what
I'm done here. You all aren't 'sane people', or Christians either. You all just look for ways to be obnoxious, self righteous idiots, I've sat here and seen it go on with half the threads throughout the site. What they hell is the matter with you all? Take Christian off your usernames and call this site something other than 'Theology Online' because that's just a damned joke.

Don't judge TOL by Artie. He's British and an atheist, which makes for a profoundly stupid combo.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Why did you let them win? They are not here for real discussion. They are here to either get you to leave or get yourself banned. You fell for it. Once you notice a person is engaging you in a trolling and agitating manner, never engage them again. Talk to people who are sympathetic to you. They will engage the trolls for you. Don't go it alone. Find some common ground with a few people and work as a team.

I wasn't going to make any more posts because I wasn't expecting anyone to say anything compassionate, I figured the one's who cared would nonetheless just move on while the trolls have their feast.

But for you, I'll say this: It's a matter of 'letting them win'. It's a matter of 'why would I want to waste my good studies and intellect on their savagery'.

The truth is that they have no good defense on biblical standards, there's even a source that was put up that tries to make scripture speak feminism when it doesn't- there is no such thing as 'marital rape' in the scriptures because the men who wrote it were within a patriarch- that includes even Paul, who can't shred the facts that these so called Bible believers so easily do.

Let them talk crap about patriarchy though- it was never synonymous to 'misogyny', it is however the reason we aren't living in mud huts. Men have allowed women to warp their minds with a bunch of sheer crap, and have them loathe their own existence. It's sad. It's Stockholm's syndrome.
But enough of that.

I came on here to argue morals on a theological level. I came here for theology in general, not a bunch of loudmouthed, new age hypocrites who would know better virtue if they had it in them to first sit down and shut up. But no, they have the mouths of lawnmowers and I'm not going to deal with that.

You said that they try to get people banned and whatnot- well I confirmed that by running through and seeing that besides a couple posters, everyone here has been here for a long time.
Which is pretty damning if you ask me- damning to the people who are causing that and yet something that nobody is obviously willing to do anything about.
And that tells me all that I need to know.

But it's not like I was feeling much about here when I saw this thread. The fact that this thread even existed- that some irritating women feeling confident and assured enough to make such a stupid thread to attack others.. and then making and updating a list of people who don't agree with them to belittle and mock them?

Lol, please.

Most of the people here have embraced their negatives- the attention seeking, dishonest feminists, the typical 'agnostics' who are as obnoxiously liberal and politically correct as they come, the extreme right wingers who act pretty much like Westboro Baptist.. spare me all that!

It was however good meeting you and several others, though. But I just don't have the capacity to deal with the drivel here, I'll ending up losing my patience putting up with that which is what I pretty much did earlier.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear Crucible,

Women should submit to their spouse's, but not if being raped. But women should not also withhold sex from their husbands as a matter of spatting, etc. And men should be more understanding if their chosen spouse, whom they love tons, if they do not want to have sex. But that should not happen all of the time or frequently. Does this do it or do you need more?

Much Love, In Christ,

Michael

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
this is a big part of the war on women
the democratic party needs their vote
the democratic party supports abortion

Status
Not open for further replies.