Is God's will always done on earth today?

oatmeal

Paul says Satan is the prince of the power of the air. He also says in 1 Corinthians 15:25 that Jesus has put everything under his footstool.

What do you say?

No. If you are referring to whether humans obey God's will, that is rarely done.

Most humans are willfully ignorant of God's will, therefore cannot willfully obey God's words.

Actually, if you read I Corinthians 15:25, you might want to ask if that is in the present tense or in the future tense.

And you might ask who is going to do the putting

oatmeal

Scripture declares that God is He who works all things according to His Own Will and Pleasure.

Dan. 4:35
And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will
in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand,
or say unto him, What doest thou?

Job 23:13-14
13 But he is in one mind, and who can turn him? and what his soul desireth, even that he doeth.
14 For he performeth the thing that is appointed for me: and many such things are with him.

Rev. 17:17
For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast,
until the words of God shall be fulfilled.

~~~~~

God does what He does.

One of the things He did is give man the option of believing His words.

God gave man free will, that is, the ability to choose what to think and do.

oatmeal

It is a catch 22. If my having free will is what God wills then he wills that I may do my own will and not His. :)

God gave man free will so that man might choose to do God's will.

Of course, most of the time, most men do not do God's will.

Ie, they serve other gods, the creation, instead of the Creator

oatmeal

This concept seems hard to grasp for many. That God permiting free will is actually His will. And nothing happens that He does not let happen in this permissive way. Not that God never intervenes in this. He does when He wishes. But He's into love freely given, so free will is what He allows.

www.gotquestions.org/Gods-will.html

This is a pretty good Biblical description of His will.

God gave us free will, that is the ability to choose what to think and do.

That does not mean the man automatically knows let alone chooses what is best, that is, God's will, but man has the ability to choose nonetheless.

oatmeal

That's a lie. The scriptures don't teach that.

The man-made concept of God's permissive will must be one that proceeds
from adherents of false freewill religion; from the blinded minds of wicked men.

God's Will has been determined from Everlasting, it's immutable Dan. 4:35!

Scriptures clearly illustrate how God prepared / appointed many to Salvation Eph. 1:3-11; Acts. 13:48; Rom. 9:23.
Yet others He ordained to condemnation Jude 1:4; to be destroyed Rom. 9:22.

Prov. 16:4
The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

~~~~~

Yes, and one aspect of God's will is that He gave man free will, the ability to choose

The choice is basically between good (God's will) and evil and all the mixtures in between.

ClimateSanity

No. If you are referring to whether humans obey God's will, that is rarely done.

Most humans are willfully ignorant of God's will, therefore cannot willfully obey God's words.

Actually, if you read I Corinthians 15:25, you might want to ask if that is in the present tense or in the future tense.

And you might ask who is going to do the putting

I'm not asking if we do Gods will. God could have his will done on this earth by force if he so chose. If God is in control of this world, his will would always be done. If evil is done, it is because something else is in control now other than God.

glorydaz

I'm not asking if we do Gods will. God could have his will done on this earth by force if he so chose. If God is in control of this world, his will would always be done. If evil is done, it is because something else is in control now other than God.

Jesus is far above all ......and God has always ruled in the kingdom of men.

Ephesians 1:20-21KJV
Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places, Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:​

Dan. 4:17 This matter is by the decree of the watchers, and the demand by the word of the holy ones: to the intent that the living may know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will, and setteth up over it the basest of men.

So, was it God's will that Job suffered the way he did when God allowed satan to put Job through what he did? I say it was....God's permissive will. He allowed terrible things to happen to Job. Satan has no power but what God allows him.

Satan is in charge of this world SYSTEM...nothing more, and only as the Lord allows for His own good purposes.

ClimateSanity

Jesus is far above all ......and God has always ruled in the kingdom of men.

Ephesians 1:20-21KJV
Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places, Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:​

Dan. 4:17 This matter is by the decree of the watchers, and the demand by the word of the holy ones: to the intent that the living may know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will, and setteth up over it the basest of men.

So, was it God's will that Job suffered the way he did when God allowed satan to put Job through what he did? I say it was....God's permissive will. He allowed terrible things to happen to Job. Satan has no power but what God allows him.

Satan is in charge of this world SYSTEM...nothing more, and only as the Lord allows for His own good purposes.
So, is it your position that nothing happens apart from his permissive bill?

ClimateSanity

I'm still trying to sort out this issue. I didn't even realize we were in significant disagreement. Elo and 1pm said some bizarre things on the other thread and I thought I had a good rebuttal concerning Gods will and rape. You disappeared after that and I wondered what happened. Don't worry, I haven't gone off into gaga land. I appreciate your civility as well.

glorydaz

I'm still trying to sort out this issue. I didn't even realize we were in significant disagreement. Elo and 1pm said some bizarre things on the other thread and I thought I had a good rebuttal concerning Gods will and rape. You disappeared after that and I wondered what happened. Don't worry, I haven't gone off into gaga land. I appreciate your civility as well.

As soon as the "dynamic duo" appeared, I knew detailed discussions of sex would be appearing as well. I'm simply not interested in what those two have to say. I'm sorry if I missed your rebuttal.

I imagine we aren't as far off as you might think. God is allowing evil....he is allowing satan to tempt people with the lust of the eyes, the lust of the flesh and the pride of life.....for a time. This very evil has a purpose....that men may see the pain and suffering that evil causes. That men be given a chance to turn to God for His mercy and grace.

The "rape issue" is no different than anything else. God allows evil to touch us all....among unbelievers for particular reasons, and among believers for other particular reasons. He is not "uncaring"...His love and His ways are simply far higher than our ways. Our time on earth is everything to the natural man of the flesh, but it is merely a drop in the bucket of eternity.

God's purpose is that all men be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth. He won't force us, but that doesn't mean He is standing by helplessly. He is using the very evil that satan sows to reap a harvest of souls, and it's why He is allowing the pain and suffering we see around us.

1 Timothy 2:3-4KJV
For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

KingdomRose

Paul says Satan is the prince of the power of the air. He also says in 1 Corinthians 15:25 that Jesus has put everything under his footstool.

What do you say?

I say Think about what you are discussing. Why go along with an idea just because your clergyman told you something?

There is a lot more than Paul in the scriptures that show us that Satan is controlling the world. Read Luke chapter 4 and you'll see clearly there that this is true (verses 5-7). The Apostle John also attested to this fact by what he wrote: I John 5:19; Revelation 12:9.

Now, the Scriptures don't say that Jesus has ALREADY had his enemies put under his footstool. In fact, "death" is one of the enemies that has to be put under Jesus' feet, if you'll go back over that scripture in I Corinthians. Death isn't gone yet. Christ's enemies are still going strong. All the enemies being under Christ's footstool is still in the future.

KingdomRose

Scripture declares that God is He who works all things according to His Own Will and Pleasure.

Dan. 4:35
And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will
in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand,
or say unto him, What doest thou?

Job 23:13-14
13 But he is in one mind, and who can turn him? and what his soul desireth, even that he doeth.
14 For he performeth the thing that is appointed for me: and many such things are with him.

Rev. 17:17
For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast,
until the words of God shall be fulfilled.

~~~~~

You've LEFT OUT a whole lot of Scripture that shows us that Satan has been given a certain amount of time to prove his allegations about God's right to rule. Familiarize yourself with all Scripture before you toss out your ideas.

God does perform things in this world, but Satan has the ability to influence people however he wants to, and if people's hearts are bad, they will follow Satan.

KingdomRose

It is a catch 22. If my having free will is what God wills then he wills that I may do my own will and not His. :)

Oh come on. We have free will to choose to follow God's laws and principles OR follow our own base instincts. He wills that we listen to Him and obey, but we can refuse to do so.

:nono: