Is death just another life?

Derf

Yes, I did.

I put the two contradicting statements in bold letters to begin with, which was plenty clear enough to begin with and then explained what I was getting at further in a later post.

His point ISN'T the point! As I explained very clearly to him!

The point is that, regardless of whatever the point is he's trying to make, his own mental laziness gets in the way of his ability to communicate that point!
They weren't contradictory.

Gary K

Banned
Obviously not. Just like his point to you. To then go into calling each other names certainly does little to help.
I agree. I shouldn't have gotten irritated but I just got tired of being called a liar. There is no reason for it.

Gary K

Banned
No you didn't! You didn't even think through what you were saying at all!

I guarantee that you think that I was refuting the point you made!
I shouldn't have gotten irritated but your constant barrage of calling me a liar and a fool gets tiresome. I don't understand why you think insults are a way to influence people. When I got irritated with you did that cause you understand me or do just the opposite?

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
I shouldn't have gotten irritated but your constant barrage of calling me a liar and a fool gets tiresome. I don't understand why you think insults are a way to influence people. When I got irritated with you did that cause you understand me or do just the opposite?
He's contending with your view, not you. He doesn't know who you are. But he doesn't want your view to stand, so he's ... tearing it to shreds. This is all published content, and he does not want your view to distort anybody's understanding of systematic theology, which is ... why most of us are here.

John W was the best at it though. Saint John W. Pray for us.

Gary K

Banned
He's contending with your view, not you. He doesn't know who you are. But he doesn't want your view to stand, so he's ... tearing it to shreds. This is all published content, and he does not want your view to distort anybody's understanding of systematic theology, which is ... why most of us are here.

John W was the best at it though. Saint John W. Pray for us.
Then he needs to contend with my view not make personal attacks on me The way I see he and others is they are automatic ad hominem fallacies.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Then he needs to contend with my view not make personal attacks on me The way I see he and others is they are automatic ad hominem fallacies.
You're not promoting your position. You make claims and arguments but then you always get caught in the trap of complaining about your interlocutors. Summarize their attacks, and address them in your next content. If they won't admit defeat, just keep repeating the proof of the refutation so that everybody can see that they're wrong, in spite of them acting supremely confident that they're right.

imho, rn, fyi, fwiw. ngl. Peace.

Gary K

Banned
You're not promoting your position. You make claims and arguments but then you always get caught in the trap of complaining about your interlocutors. Summarize their attacks, and address them in your next content. If they won't admit defeat, just keep repeating the proof of the refutation so that everybody can see that they're wrong, in spite of them acting supremely confident that they're right.

imho, rn, fyi, fwiw. ngl. Peace.
I agree, but I don't always do that. I often walk away from nothing but fruitless arguing. I like discussion not condemnation as I rarely do that to others any more. I some times still fall into the trap though.

Derf

I agree, but I don't always do that. I often walk away from nothing but fruitless arguing. I like discussion not condemnation as I rarely do that to others any more. I some times still fall into the trap though.
You have some good points to make, but you could do better at explaining them. We should always remember that we are explaining our view to someone who not only doesn't agree with it, but also doesn't yet see the path we took getting to our view...not our experiences, mind you, but how we understand the passages of scripture.

Gary K

Banned
You have some good points to make, but you could do better at explaining them. We should always remember that we are explaining our view to someone who not only doesn't agree with it, but also doesn't yet see the path we took getting to our view...not our experiences, mind you, but how we understand the passages of scripture.
I don't have a problem with that. The day we stop learning is the day we die.

fzappa13

Around these parts it's referred to as "truth smacking" and has been encouraged at this site from it's inception. Pick most any thread you want and read the initial post. It usually concerns some matter that might be reasonably thought to be of some interest to the body. Then skip to the end and it is invariably a page full of vitriol. You'd think at some point someone would count their losses and figure out another way to go but that assumes said truth smacker has any genuine intent to impart information or persuade. It should be obvious to anyone that this sort of approach never works but on and on it goes. I would suggest that your best bet is to keep your composure, make your point and move on. Some one might come along, read it and benefit. The rest of it doesn't edify anybody.

Gary K

Banned
Around these parts it's referred to as "truth smacking" and has been encouraged at this site from it's inception. Pick most any thread you want and read the initial post. It usually concerns some matter that might be reasonably thought to be of some interest to the body. Then skip to the end and it is invariably a page full of vitriol. You'd think at some point someone would count their losses and figure out another way to go but that assumes said truth smacker has any genuine intent to impart information or persuade. It should be obvious to anyone that this sort of approach never works but on and on it goes. I would suggest that your best bet is to keep your composure, make your point and move on. Some one might come along, read it and benefit. The rest of it doesn't edify anybody.
I agree. I don't often lose my temper but I still do it,

fzappa13

I agree. I don't often lose my temper but I still do it,
I do too but less and less often. That's one of the benefits of getting old. A couple of months ago a fellow I tried to get prosecuted for his crimes against my community took a swipe at me with his truck as I came out of the grocery store. I yelled " F you" before I had time to think about it. Obviously I've still got some work to do polishing my rock.

Last edited:

Gary K

Banned
I do too but less and less often. That's one of the benefits of getting old. A couple of months ago a fellow I tried to get prosecuted for his crimes against my community took a swipe at me with his truck as I came out of the grocery store. I yelled " F you" before I had time to think about it. Obviously I've still got some work to do polishing my rock.
I find that the more time I spend studying scripture and in prayer the less frequently I get irritated.

fzappa13

I find that the more time I spend studying scripture and in prayer the less frequently I get irritated.
We control where we point the light of our consciousness and I for one spend that time looking at far more ugliness that I should trying to stay abreast of the times. Perhaps that's why I have returned here. It's an excuse to focus more on the Word of God and that is always a solace.

Gary K

Banned
We control where we point the light of our consciousness and I for one spend that time looking at far more ugliness that I should trying to stay abreast of the times. Perhaps that's why I have returned here. It's an excuse to focus more on the Word of God and that is always a solace.
Focusing on Jesus changes us.

1Corinthians 1: 29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.
30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:
31 That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

Paul had a lot to say about righteousness by faith and here is his description of how it works.

The word translated as righteousness is as follows.

[*StrongsGreek*]
δικαιοσύνη dikaiosýnē, dik-ah-yos-oo'-nay
from 1342;
equity (of character or act); specially (Christian) justification:--righteousness.

According to Paul justification equals equity of character and actions.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
They weren't contradictory.
Of course they are. They weren't intended to be but, as stated, they were exactly that, which was and continues to be my point. If you want people to take you seriously then you should pay attention to the words you use so as not to SOUND like an idiot. How you say something can be every bit as important as what you're trying to say and one should avoid the sloppy use of language so as to avoid stepping on your own point with the phrasing you use.

Last edited:

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I agree. I shouldn't have gotten irritated but I just got tired of being called a liar. There is no reason for it.
When you claim not to understand a point that no one could fail to understand then that's plenty of grounds to be called a liar. You understood the point from the very first time you read it. Everyone here knows it.

Last edited:

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I shouldn't have gotten irritated but your constant barrage of calling me a liar and a fool gets tiresome.
There's a simple fix for that.

I don't understand why you think insults are a way to influence people.
That's because you're vain enough to think that it's you I care to influence.

When I got irritated with you did that cause you understand me or do just the opposite?
You misunderstand.

I do not care what you think, Gary. I don't care about anything you think, say or believe because you've demonstrated that you have neither intelligence nor wisdom nor do you have the ability to clearly articulate your own position, never mind establish it. You rarely post anything more to two or three sentences long because your mind is empty of substance. To the extent that you think at all, it is in the format of sound bytes and cliche. You add exactly nothing of value either to me or to this website and ought to be embarrassed.

Gary K

Banned
When you claim not to understand a point that no one could fail to understand then that's plenty of grounds to be called a liar. You understood the point from the very first time you read it. Everyone here knows it.
When you claim not or understand a point should I call you a liar?