Is death just another life?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
If he adds nothing, and you don't care what ge thinks or posts, doesn't that make your comments back to his of less worth than his?
Not at all. His current standing in my mind is not set in stone. If he repents, so will I. So long as he persists in his foolishness, I will persist in my attitude towards him as it fitting, proper and just.

Further, I have little doubt that my comments probably are of less value TO HIM as his are to me. His mind doesn't work! Cock roaches only respond to the light because they have eyes to see with.

I think we can officially say that Clete considers his own posts to be of negative value, even in his own estimation.
That would be a stupid thing to say.

There's a fix for that.
The fix is, stop being a worthless waste of everyone's time.

Gary K

Banned
That's fine...I'm trying to figure out what you're getting at. Sometimes people say they hold to something or reject something, but when they describe it, they are using the wrong label.

So you are saying that both thieves got the same things, the same amount of Holy Spirit prompting, and they reacted differently. And according to your post:

The thief that believed was demonstrating in his actions that Jesus forgives and sanctifies us. Whether it is impossible to separate the two, I'm not sure, since the forgiveness allows us entry into the body of Christ, while the sanctification could be stretched out over the whole of our lives while we are in the body of Christ.

My point, here:

was to suggest that the salvation was equally available to both thieves. I'm not sure, but it seems that the salvation is actually going to be executed in everyone's resurrection. But we that believe in this life are "alive" in Christ, because we know we will be resurrected, so we can live the kind of life that does not result from fearing death--We will be with Jesus in Paradise--whether that death comes sooner (the thief) or later. I think that's part of that sanctification you talk about.
Yes, both thieves where given the same opportunities as God is not unjust. If He was it would make Him a liar and thus a sinner.

It is impossible to separate justification and sanctification as demonstrated by the experience of the thief on the cross and scripture,

1Corinthians 1: 27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.
30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:
31 That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

The word translated as righteousness is as follows.

[*StrongsGreek*]
δικαιοσύνη dikaiosýnē, dik-ah-yos-oo'-nay
from 1342;
equity (of character or act); specially (Christian) justification:--righteousness.

Therefore when we accept Jesus He is everything in the plan of salvation, a one stop shopping center so to speak, He is our wisdom, justification, sanctification, and redemption.

From the concept of ga'al He has paid our ransom as redemption was translated from the following.

[*StrongsGreek*]
ἀπολύτρωσις apolýtrōsis, ap-ol-oo'-tro-sis
from a compound of 575 and 3083;
(the act) ransom in full, i.e. (figuratively) riddance, or (specially) Christian salvation:--deliverance, redemption.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Here's Gary's post.

Actions can demonstrate something that those actions don't cause. Therefore, Gary's statement about the thief's actions demonstrating the effect caused by Christ's sacrifice is totally valid, and not contradictory.
This will be the last post on this topic.

What I meant was clear as can be, as proven by the fact you left my underlining intact. My point wasn't about the point he was making but about the sloppy manner he used to try to communicate it, which was further explained to him, not only by myself but but by others as well as is proven by the fact that THE WHOLE THREAD IS STILL RIGHT HERE FOR THE WHOLE ENTIRE ENGLISH SPEAKING WORLD TO SEE!

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Semi-Pelagianism is distinguished from Pelagianism which believes man does not need God or His grace at all to repent, believe and convert.

Derf

Not at all. His current standing in my mind is not set in stone. If he repents, so will I.
Then you DO care. Maybe I was confused by your statement that said you don't care.

So long as he persists in his foolishness, I will persist in my attitude towards him as it fitting, proper and just.
Fools answering, or not answering, fools according to their folly. Carry on.
Further, I have little doubt that my comments probably are of less value TO HIM as his are to me. His mind doesn't work! Cock roaches only respond to the light because they have eyes to see with.

That would be a stupid thing to say.

The fix is, stop being a worthless waste of everyone's time.
Sounds like good advice. You should take it.

Derf

In some sense perhaps but generally speaking no, not at all.

I do speak in generalities by the way.

Good bye!
It's interesting to me that you so quickly give up on conversations by calling people "liar", "stupid", "moron", etc. Those aren't generalities. And they make you seem childish. I know you aren't, because ive seen some excellent, well-written posts by you. But you so quickly resort to name-calling, when you could actually answer fools according to their folly (by giving them truth to overcome such folly) or not answering them according to their folly (by walking away prior to calling them names). You could be a light to those in darkness.