Is creationism science or not?

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If creationists were just like "I believe in a young earth/universe, a global flood, creation by God according to "kinds", and special creation of humans because that's what the Bible teaches", I don't think anyone would really have a problem with it.
Of course you wouldn't.

Your problem is you cannot deal with evidence. You cannot abide your illusory monopoly on science being challenged through people exposing the frailties of your religion.

alwight

Then my original question stands: why do you think they do it?

Like I said before, if the atheists are correct it cannot make any difference for anyone, in the end. Theist...atheist...it changes nothing.

So in your opinion, why do they persist?
I think it's mainly those who choose to resist rational scientific conclusions for the sake of an adherence to a literal Genesis whom I and other disbelievers consider to be fair game, iow fundamentalists.
I don't think that I at least can be accused of being anything but polite and respectful to those ordinary Christians who are not fundies, who do not mindlessly oppose nor remain wilfully ignorant of science, who may in fact be much better at science than I am, whom I can learn from.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I think it's mainly those who choose to resist rational scientific conclusions for the sake of an adherence to a literal Genesis whom I and other disbelievers consider to be fair game, iow fundamentalists.
I don't think that I at least can be accused of being anything but polite and respectful to those ordinary Christians who are not fundies, who do not mindlessly oppose nor remain wilfully ignorant of science, who may in fact be much better at science than I am, whom I can learn from.

Given the fact that you know next to nothing about science, that would be almost all of them.

However, we know you're lying; you would die before conceding anything of Christ.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
You're a retard.
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is the very best that Stipe can. No attempt to engage the point I raised (his need to point towards evidence), just an insult that I haven't heard since 7th grade.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is the very best that Stipe can. No attempt to engage the point I raised (his need to point towards evidence), just an insult that I haven't heard since 7th grade.

I love it when Darwinists undermine their own arguments speak.

I don't feel the need to bring evidence that you are too stupid to talk to.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
I love it when Darwinists undermine their own arguments speak.

I don't feel the need to bring evidence that you are too stupid to talk to.
Really? I made several prediction about your thread participation and you made a mocking Darwinist comment as predicted, That's pretty strong evidence that I am correct about your thread participation.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Really? I made several prediction about your thread participation and you made a mocking Darwinist comment as predicted, That's pretty strong evidence that I am correct about your thread participation.

Why can't you just have faith? Pointing to evidence shows that you are not certain about what you believe. However, I do not provide evidence that you are a complete fool.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Why can't you just have faith? Pointing to evidence shows that you are not certain about what you believe. However, I do not provide evidence that you are a complete fool.
Interesting. What does it mean then that you continue to insist that you have provided evidence of creation?

As to my own faith, I have faith that God created everything. Including evolution.

Hedshaker

I realise that calling me a bigot may well be all you can muster as a somewhat unconvincing response, but being the dyed in the wool creationist you are may take its toll on the grey cells over the years or so it seems.:kookoo:

He clearly doth protest too much....... :angrymob:

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And even more to the point is that he accuses others of bigotry.

What would you call someone who denigrates people's ability to act sensibly based on what they believe?

And feel free to point to a situation where I would claim people cannot do science because of an idea they have.

Cross Reference

Yeah but, you called him a "goof". What's that all about if of a 7th grade mentality?

Cross Reference

Science is not limited to repeatability, it can look at one time events. the only real one-time event seem to be the big bang so its entierly within the realm of science to apply what we have learned from repetable experiments to the events of the big bang and see what we can learn. That is how science is done.

Big bang?? Why not learn the why of why the universe continues to get larger because of an explosion that never happened ___ if you can believe order can't happen of itself out of disorder which is what an explosion would be all about, correct?

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
What would you call someone who denigrates people's ability to act sensibly based on what they believe?

And feel free to point to a situation where I would claim people cannot do science because of an idea they have.

By that definition, you're a bigot.