Is creationism science or not?

Greg Jennings

They why persist for evolution as fact??

End of discussion.
:think:
Hmmm....ok...I'm going to ask you a very easy, straightforward question. There are no wrong answers here, I just want to know:

What is your definition of evolution?

I've got a feeling it's a bit different from the actual one

alwight

You need to learn to respect what we believe and what science is, as well as recanting your bigoted notions that creationists are less scientific.
You might get more respect if you didn't treat Genesis as though it were an immutable historical narrative, which is something you've said before iirc, or do you want to tell me otherwise now?
An immutable historical narrative which must always trump science, right?

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You might get more respect...
I am not looking for respect.

You need to think carefully through the words I use; I don't use them lightly.

Respect for what people believe is not a concept that demands acceptance; it means that if you want to disagree with it, you have to enter into rational dialogue with its adherents. You and many other Darwinists — by your own admission — refuse to take anything seriously. You are solely here to mock and ridicule. You're a troll.

...if you didn't treat Genesis as though it were an immutable historical narrative, which is something you've said before iirc.
I claim Genesis is historical narrative, so we will chalk this up as another example of you simply making things up that might suit your agenda.

And notice that the claim of historicity is a scientific claim; testable and falsifiable. You need to engage on that belief and quit demanding that a belief is equivalent to non-science, which is correctly called bigotry.

alwight

Respect for what people believe is not a concept that demands acceptance; it means that if you want to disagree with it, you have to enter into rational dialogue with its adherents. You and many other Darwinists — by your own admission — refuse to take anything seriously. You are solely here to mock and ridicule. You're a troll.
As you so ably demonstrate Stripe you just don't get straight answers from those like you at least, there is perhaps nothing but ridicule and mockery left for those who have indeed sought honest answers in the past, but now really don't expect to get them.:(

I claim Genesis is historical narrative, so we will chalk this up as another example of you simply making things up that might suit your agenda.
What on earth are you talking about?
How does me being correct about what you said previously become something I made up? :idunno:
You do believe that Genesis is an immutable historical narrative, right?
A yes or no answer is all that is required btw.

And notice that the claim of historicity is a scientific claim; testable and falsifiable. You need to engage on that belief and quit demanding that a belief is equivalent to non-science, which is correctly called bigotry.
Come on, the belief that the universe is only a few thousand years old has already been falsified in so many different ways by all the natural sciences, but creationists, for their own obscure reasons, will not even consider that Genesis may not be the literal truth that they believe it to be, regardless of the science that they are shown over and over again.:plain:

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What on earth are you talking about?
Words. Learn to read. :up:
How does me being correct about what you said previously become something I made up? :idunno:
Easy. You were not correct.
You do believe that Genesis is an immutable historical narrative, right?
Evolutionists hate reading.

Come on, the belief that the universe is billions of years old has already been falsified in so many different ways by all the natural sciences, but Darwinists, desperate to protect their religion, will not even consider that Genesis might be something to consider, regardless of the science that they are shown over and over again. :plain:

musterion

So far it looks like we have at least one in this thread (Stripe) who feels that creationism isn't science.

Hold on a second.

Why are you and others so hell bent on convincing us we're all just hypercranial thumbed primates who accidentally arose from sunlight, water and minerals?

TELL US RIGHT NOW, PLEASE, WHAT WOULD YOU GET OUT OF YOU CONVINCING ANY OF US THAT YOU'RE RIGHT?

If Genesis is false, then it doesn't matter that we believe it. When we die, we'll never know we were wrong.

If materialism is true, then it still doesn't matter. When you die, you'll never know you were right.

Either way, if you're correct then it doesn't matter. NOTHING matters, ultimately. When we die it's the big Lights Out for us all.

So why are you debating this?

I'm going to guess that it's not because you're convinced that materialism is true. That's not what's driving you and the others like you. If you really believed it, you wouldn't waste your time. I know I wouldn't.

What's bugging you is the chance -- and you have admitted that there is a chance, even an outside one -- that Genesis is true.

That's what you can't abide. That is the only thing to explain you arguing for years against (if you're correct) our equivalent to having faith in the Lucky Charms leprechaun.

In other words, you're not fooling anyone. You're clearly unconvinced of what you claim is the truth. That is what drives you to the chronic irrationality of arguing against (if you're correct) the meaningless phantoms of our minds which do not affect you in the slightest.

It shows you are possessed by a form of insanity.

Greg Jennings

It is a pointless task - he has nothing to offer even the other YECs on ToL in discussions. He has become self parodying.

I agree, but think you're leaving at least one out. 6days has been reduced to mantras and illogic as well. I wouldn't say he's particularly fruitful to engage with either

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So, Stripe has no place here, eh? He can believe in Creation, but not Creationism. It is a word that means the acts of Creation as a whole, written of in Genesis. We're not trying to create a new science whatsoever. I'm not surprised that Stripe would say 'Feel free to never talk to me again.' Just like Evolutionism means the acts of Evolution as a whole. You see. The computer here won't even let me type that word Evolutionism without acknowledging it as a proper word, but it lets me type the word Creationism. You just started this thread to keep others' busy responding and replying here rather than some other thread. And you made 6days be the main reason for starting this thread. Hopefully everyone will be notified of your actions and deceit. How dare you target 6days and post to Stripe the way you do?!! God sees it all and exposes it all.

Michael

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
What's bugging you is the chance -- and you have admitted that there is a chance, even an outside one -- that Genesis is true.

Nope, not a chance, not an outside one, nor an inside one. Not a chance that the earth is 6000+/- years old, nor that the universe was created in a week by your god, nor that there was a world wide flood, nor that evolution is not true and an accurate explanation of the real world.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
This is how I understand it.

Science is the study of the natural or what we can observe.
Religion is the study of the supernatural or what we can't observe.

Science proves things without reasonable doubt.
Religion states things which are true.
How do you study what you cannot observe?