Is An Adult Having Sex With A Ten Year Old Guilty Of Child Rape?

Lon

No, there isn't Lon, not if you get the point here. I recognize that children can't be held accountable for their actions as an adult, something that any rational person and the law does as well. Therefore a five year old child can't be tried and executed for murder because they're simply not capable of understanding their actions at such an age due to lack of development. I can also say, without any double standard going on that a child of any age can't give informed consent to sex as again, due to lack of development which again, any rational person would acknowledge and the law does as well. Now, if anyone who advocates that a five year old child should be put to death for murder because they're as accountable for their actions as an adult then they can't exactly say that a child twice their age and more aren't aware of what they're doing where it comes to sex, not without a complete double standard going on.

If you still don't get the point then bear in mind that this in relation to the fringes of far right religious extremism. Maybe that'll help.

What was the initial context for argument? That 5 year olds should be put to death for capital offense?

Arthur Brain

What was the initial context for argument? That 5 year olds should be put to death for capital offense?

Yes, JR contends that five year old children can be found guilty of murder and put to death for it, to the extent of the form of execution befitting the 'crime' itself. So if a five year old stabs someone to death then apparently it's not unreasonable for the five year old child to be stabbed to death. What kind of human scum could carry that "rightful" execution out is something else but do you see the comparison now?

Lon

Yes, JR contends that five year old children can be found guilty of murder and put to death for it, to the extent of the form of execution befitting the 'crime' itself. So if a five year old stabs someone to death then apparently it's not unreasonable for the five year old child to be stabbed to death. What kind of human scum could carry that "rightful" execution out is something else but do you see the comparison now?
No, but I can agree that we shouldn't be putting 5 year olds to death. Scripture even talks about an age of accountability (development), so I'm pretty sure this becomes a development problem. There are a lot of parenting mistakes that must be attributed to developmental stages where the child is not developmentally able to comply with a specific instruction because their age cannot comply with the request.

Example: I saw a man punishing a kid in a physical activity by making them do it over and over and over 'until they get it right.' It was an impossible task for that child, at that point in development.

This may put some traction on your thread (difficult when the thread is labelled differently). It is a real case that is very difficult to wade through.

Arthur Brain

No, but I can agree that we shouldn't be putting 5 year olds to death. Scripture even talks about an age of accountability (development), so I'm pretty sure this becomes a development problem. There are a lot of parenting mistakes that must be attributed to developmental stages where the child is not developmentally able to comply with a specific instruction because their age cannot comply with the request.

Example: I saw a man punishing a kid in a physical activity by making them do it over and over and over 'until they get it right.' It was an impossible task for that child, at that point in development.

This may put some traction on your thread (difficult when the thread is labelled differently). It is a real case that is very difficult to wade through.

The comparison is that we should see children as underdeveloped in relation to adults. This isn't a thread about child development but how we should recognize that any child can't be held as accountable for their actions as a fully functioning adult. Do you now see the double standard in regards as to those who would willingly have a five year old executed as if they're fully accountable for their actions with the context of this thread now and the point being made?

Lon

The comparison is that we should see children as underdeveloped in relation to adults. This isn't a thread about child development but how we should recognize that any child can't be held as accountable for their actions as a fully functioning adult. Do you now see the double standard in regards as to those who would willingly have a five year old executed as if they're fully accountable for their actions with the context of this thread now and the point being made?

Always saw that, it was just obscured until page 3 in this thread.... Did the link not draw your attention at all?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Arthur Brain said:
... we should recognize that any child can't be held as accountable for their actions as a fully functioning adult.

ANY child?

A 17 year old should not be held accountable for his actions when he rapes and murders young girls?

A 15 year old who rapes a 25 year old woman should not be held accountable for his actions?

Last edited:

Arthur Brain

Always saw that, it was just obscured until page 3 in this thread.... Did the link not draw your attention at all?

Well, it really wasn't as if it was obscured you wouldn't have seen it to start with. ;)

I'm not a fan of YT videos for links but I may give it a watch.