Imagine No Religion

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
The whole world follows the Catholic Church as if it is Christianity. The Catholics killed the original Christians, and replaced scriptures with their own version of scriptures. This was prophesied in scriptures that this would happen.
Really, when and where did that happen? When did the Catholics kill the original Christians?

CherubRam

Really, when and where did that happen? When did the Catholics kill the original Christians?

It did not happen upon one day, it happen over a long period of time. The Catholics include the Romans of Rome, whom were for the most part, Pagans and Gnostic's.

CherubRam

A little bit of history for you.
During the first century of Christianity, Gnostic's were divided over their acceptance of Christianity. The one side was completely opposed, whereas the others wanted to include Christianity, but under their control. That group of Gnostic's became known as the Catholic's.

CherubRam

Daniel 7:25.
He will think to change times and laws.

Gods time and laws is the seventh day Sabbath and His commandments.

Revelation 13:3
... The whole world was filled with wonder and followed the beast (nation)...

quip

BANNED
Banned
I have accepted the Word as true by living it. The Word guides my thinking. It has become part of me.

You couldn't guide your own thoughts prior to "accepting" the arbitrary words of another?

I find that utterly strange.

CherubRam

You couldn't find life within yourself? :confused:

Where else would it reside?

Ring a bell?
Isaiah 6:9
He said, “Go and tell this people: “‘Be ever hearing, but never understanding; be ever seeing, but never perceiving.’

Matthew 13:14
In them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah: “‘You will be ever hearing but never understanding; you will be ever seeing but never perceiving.

Mark 4:12
so that, “‘they may be ever seeing but never perceiving, and ever hearing but never understanding; otherwise they might turn and be forgiven!’”

Acts 28:26
“‘Go to this people and say, “You will be ever hearing but never understanding; you will be ever seeing but never perceiving.”

quip

BANNED
Banned
Ring a bell?
Isaiah 6:9
He said, “Go and tell this people: “‘Be ever hearing, but never understanding; be ever seeing, but never perceiving.’

Matthew 13:14
In them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah: “‘You will be ever hearing but never understanding; you will be ever seeing but never perceiving.

Mark 4:12
so that, “‘they may be ever seeing but never perceiving, and ever hearing but never understanding; otherwise they might turn and be forgiven!’”

Acts 28:26
“‘Go to this people and say, “You will be ever hearing but never understanding; you will be ever seeing but never perceiving.”

A rather ironic post.
Any opposition to the Word simply implies an ignorant, non-comprehension. How convenient such a proprietary dodge is this? :chuckle:

I'd ask you to heed your own scripture's advice...but you've already allowed someone else to do that for you!

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
During the first century of Christianity, Gnostic's were divided over their acceptance of Christianity. The one side was completely opposed, whereas the others wanted to include Christianity, but under their control. That group of Gnostic's became known as the Catholic's.

this makes no sense. Which side were the Catholics on? And where did you read this?

CherubRam

A rather ironic post.
Any opposition to the Word simply implies an ignorant, non-comprehension. How convenient such a proprietary dodge is this? :chuckle:

I'd ask you to heed your own scripture's advice...but you've already allowed someone else to do that for you!

Vaaaroooommm!

CherubRam

this makes no sense. Which side were the Catholics on? And where did you read this? (HISTORY)
The Gnostic's who were not oppose became the Catholics.

Bradley D

so the words of your Holy Book never pushed people to kill others? Religious wars, the Crusades, Europeans in the Americas all very peaceful. Who knew?

Can you point out any words of Jesus that told people to do the atrocities that you point out.