IF IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE, IT'S PROBABLY NOT TRUE!

iamaberean

I am convinced that God's word always makes sense. If it doesn't, it's probably not true. Let us start in Gen

Gen 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
Gen 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
Gen 2:8 And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.

God, in Gen 1 created mankind, male and female created he them and told them to go into all the world and replenish the earth.

God, in Gen 2 He formed a man and placed him in a garden.

If Gen 1 and Gen 2 are the same creation then it has to make sense. These two do not speak of the same creation and makes no sense to believe it does, so it is not true and one must concede that there were two different creations.

If you think it is only one creation please show me how both Gen 1 and Gen 2 agree.

iamaberean

Gen 6:6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
Gen 6:7 And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

Did God destroy the entire world or the earth that Noah lived on? It doesn’t make sense that every human, fowl and animals were destroyed because there are still animals and fowls of the air that are around today.

Do you believe that Noah and his sons repopulated all the world? That would mean there would have been a form of evolution in mankind that came about to have all the different races of people that we have today.

The only thing that makes sense is that the flood was local and God was speaking of the earth as Noah knew it.

6days

iamaberean said:
If you think it is only one creation please show me how both Gen 1 and Gen 2 agree.
God's Word describes one creation account. Genesis 1 and 2 are consistent with each other and are complimentary. Genesis 1 provides a chronological account of the creation of everything that exists, over the course of 6 day / night periods. Genesis 2 is about the focus of God's creation...mankind.

Genesis 1 and two are not unlike other ancient literature... or modern literature; the author often will start with an overview (Genesis 1), and then delve into details (Genesis 2).
iamaberean said:
Gen 6:6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
Gen 6:7 And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.
Yes... And that is what God did! Continue reading the account and you will see how God provided 'salvation' to those on the ark.
iamaberean said:
Did God destroy the entire world or the earth that Noah lived on? It doesn’t make sense that every human, fowl and animals were destroyed because there are still animals and fowls of the air that are around today.
God's Word tells us that all life not on the ark was destroyed. Likewise in the final judgement, only those who are 'on the ark' (Salvation through Jesus) will be saved.
iamaberean said:
Do you believe that Noah and his sons repopulated all the world? That would mean there would have been a form of evolution in mankind that came about to have all the different races of people that we have today.
Your comment borders on racism. All humanity is 'one flesh' as the Bible says. (There is only one human race). There are differences between all humans, and isolated groups can easily have distinct traits. Asians, Pygmies, Neandertals, Europeans, Africans etc are all descendants of Adam and Eve. She was the "mother of all".

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

The only thing that makes sense is that the flood was local and God was speaking of the earth as Noah knew it.

I said
lol You have really missed the truth in the bible. Faith doesnt make sense. Being born again doesnt make sense. This doesnt make sense.

[1Co 2:1, 4-7
[1] And I, brethren, when I came to you, did not come with excellence of speech or of wisdom declaring to you the testimony of God. ...
[4] And my speech and my preaching [were] not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,
[5] that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.
[6] However, we speak wisdom among those who are mature, yet not the wisdom of this age, nor of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing.
[7] But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden [wisdom] which God ordained before the ages for our glory,

But I can tell you this from experience that if you can believe you will see miracles.

iamaberean

Tit 1:2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

God can not lie and that means if someone else says that God did this or that it should be backed up.

A thousand in Greek is an unknown length. In order to know the length is with a qualifier, such as ten thousand.

2Pe 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

A day to the Lord is as an unknown length.

So this is it, God can not lie and if he says a thousand years is an unknown then ‘one day can be thousands of years to God.

Gen 1:11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.
Gen 1:12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
Gen 1:13 And the evening and the morning were the third day.

In day three the earth grew grass, the herb yielding seed and the fruit tree yielding fruit.
That had to happen over several years.

After each day the scripture says ‘and the evening and the morning were the day’.

There is no such scripture saying ’and the evening and the morning were the seventh day’. We are living in the seventh day.

This is the only way of understanding that bones of prehistoric animals have been found being many thousands of years old.

The opinion listed here has to be true because it makes sense!

:think:

6days

iamaberean said:
2Pe 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
A day to the Lord is as an unknown length.
I hope you don't use such an inconsistent approach to all scripture. God knows how long a day is. When we are told Joshua marched around Jericho for seven days...it was not for an unknown length. The word 'day' in both English and Hebrew are determined by context, which you ignore.
iamaberean said:
In day three the earth grew grass, the herb yielding seed and the fruit tree yielding fruit.
That had to happen over several years.
No, God created all vegetation on the third day... and He made the sun on day 4... (See Genesis 1)
iamaberean said:
There is no such scripture saying ’and the evening and the morning were the seventh day’. We are living in the seventh day.
God rested on the seventh day... past tense. When God tells us to keep the seventh day Holy, we don't think He is telling us about an "unknown length' of time.
iamaberean said:
This is the only way of understanding that bones of prehistoric animals have been found being many thousands of years old.
The notion of anything being 'prehistoric' is contrary to God's Word. History begins with the creation event which Jesus referred to as real history. Jesus referred to humanity existing from a time near "the foundation of the world"...and "from the beginning".

Berean... Your acceptance of secular ideas and then trying to fit them into God's Word, destroys the Gospel. We are told that death which is the "final enemy" entered this world because of first Adams sin. 'Last Adam' went to the cross to defeat the enemy through the resurrection. Last Adam (Jesus) would not have needed to defeat death, if it was a process God called "very good".

iamaberean

I hope you don't use such an inconsistent approach to all scripture. God knows how long a day is. When we are told Joshua marched around Jericho for seven days...it was not for an unknown length. The word 'day' in both English and Hebrew are determined by context, which you ignore.

It was a 24 hour day for Joshua, not God's.

iamaberean

Gen_6:2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
Gen_6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

I had always been taught that that it was angels that took the daughters of men. That never made sense to me and now I find in scripture that it was the children of Adam that were taking the daughters of men. That would mean other tribes were here on earth as I had also come to believe.

Luk 3:38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.

eleos

Gensis 2 is the day the Lord rested from His creation in Genesis 1. 3 Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because on that day He rested from all the work of creation that He had accomplished.

Keywords: all the work of creation ...

Not 2 separate creations.

Genesis 2 is a reaffirmation (confirming) of Genesis 1

It is not unusual at all for the Lord to reaffirm (repeat) and then expand on events and teachings in His word.

iamaberean

Gensis 2 is the day the Lord rested from His creation in Genesis 1. 3 Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because on that day He rested from all the work of creation that He had accomplished.

Keywords: all the work of creation ...

Not 2 separate creations.

Genesis 2 is a reaffirmation (confirming) of Genesis 1

It is not unusual at all for the Lord to reaffirm (repeat) and then expand on events and teachings in His word.

There is very little, if any, scriptures about the creation of man in Gen 1 and the creation of Adam in Gen 2.

I would like to list just a few differences.

1. LORD God created Eve from the rib bone of Adam.

2. LORD God placed Adam in a garden to live. Did not tell him to replenish the earth.

3. Lord God breathed into Adam the breath of life. Compare to Holy Ghost, eternal life.

4. Tree of good and evil not even mentioned in Gen 1.

Did you even read my current post?

Gen_6:2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

The son of God was Adam and his children. Daughters of men were of those created in Gen 1.

Nothing that I have posted is untrue. The fact that there were two creations does not condemn anyone. It is information from God's own word and it is truth.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Gen_6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

I had always been taught that that it was angels that took the daughters of men.

You were taught correctly.

Not sure which version you're using above, but the hebrew word used that was translated "giants" is the word "Nephilim."

Strong's h5303

- Lexical: נְפִילִים
- Transliteration: Nephilim
- Part of Speech: Noun Masculine
- Phonetic Spelling: nef-eel'
- Definition: Nephilim.
- Origin: Or nphil {nef-eel'}; from naphal; properly, a feller, i.e. A bully or tyrant.
- Usage: giant.
- Translated as (count): the giants (2), The Nephilim (1).

That never made sense to me and now I find in scripture that it was the children of Adam that were taking the daughters of men. That would mean other tribes were here on earth as I had also come to believe.

Luk 3:38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.

Men are not the only "sons of God." Angels are also called "sons of God" in Scripture.

Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan also came among them.And the Lord said to Satan, “From where do you come?” So Satan answered the Lord and said, “From going to and fro on the earth, and from walking back and forth on it.” - Job 1:6-7 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Job1:6-7&version=NKJV

Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the Lord .And the Lord said to Satan, “From where do you come?” Satan answered the Lord and said, “From going to and fro on the earth, and from walking back and forth on it.” - Job 2:1-2 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Job2:1-2&version=NKJV

Notice how Satan (a fallen angel) is included in the "sons of God."

“Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth? Tell Me, if you have understanding.Who determined its measurements? Surely you know! Or who stretched the line upon it?To what were its foundations fastened? Or who laid its cornerstone,When the morning stars sang together, And all the sons of God shouted for joy? - Job 38:4-7 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Job38:4-7&version=NKJV

Man wasn't on the scene yet at that point.

There is very little, if any, scriptures about the creation of man in Gen 1 and the creation of Adam in Gen 2.

2. LORD God placed Adam in a garden to live. Did not tell him to replenish the earth.

3. Lord God breathed into Adam the breath of life. Compare to Holy Ghost, eternal life.

It's not uncommon (even today) for a historian to provide an overview of an historical event, in the first part of the account leaving out most of the details, and then in the second part dive into the details.

None of your four points are necessary to the overview of the creation account, and can be considered minor (less major?) elements. Moses, being as educated as he was (having grown up in close proximity to the royal household of Pharoah), would have recognized that there was no need to go into every detail right off the bat.

The son of God was Adam and his children.

Not necessarily, as I showed above with the passages from Job, "sons of God" can mean both men and angels (which are also sometimes called "men".

Daughters of men were of those created in Gen 1.

Daughters of men are humans, descendants of Adam. Jesus, the "Son of Man," (who is also the Son of God, but not an angel, but who is God) is a descendant of Adam.

Paul describes Adam as the "one man" through whom sin entered the world, and Jesus as the "one Man" who provides salvation.

Nothing that I have posted is untrue.

Which is a lie, unfortunately.

The fact that there were two creations

Claiming as fact that there were two creations doesn't make it fact.

Genesis 2 is simply a retelling of Genesis 1, providing more detail.

does not condemn anyone. It is information from God's own word and it is truth.

Except it's not. Saying it doesn't make it so.

iamaberean

Men are not the only "sons of God." Angels are also called "sons of God" in Scripture.

Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan also came among them.And the Lord said to Satan, “From where do you come?” So Satan answered the Lord and said, “From going to and fro on the earth, and from walking back and forth on it.” - Job 1:6-7 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Job1:6-7&version=NKJV

Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the Lord .And the Lord said to Satan, “From where do you come?” Satan answered the Lord and said, “From going to and fro on the earth, and from walking back and forth on it.” - Job 2:1-2 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Job2:1-2&version=NKJV

Notice how Satan (a fallen angel) is included in the "sons of God."

Satan wasn't included as a son, God, while speaking to Job and his other children, just asked him "where did you come from?". Satan was an uninvited guest, not a son.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Satan wasn't included as a son, God, while speaking to Job and his other children, just asked him "where did you come from?". Satan was an uninvited guest, not a son.

The Bible is a "Spiritual Book." One is 'handicapped' while trying to understand it without the help of the Holy Spirit.

eleos

The son of God was Adam and his children. Daughters of men were of those created in Gen 1.

Nothing that I have posted is untrue. The fact that there were two creations does not condemn anyone. It is information from God's own word and it is truth.

"IF IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE, IT'S PROBABLY NOT TRUE!"

2 creations does not make sense to me ... therefore to me not true. You believe in 2 creations, that makes sense to you and therefore true for you. Seems strange that Jesus never mentioned 2 creations.

iamaberean

The Bible is a "Spiritual Book." One is 'handicapped' while trying to understand it without the help of the Holy Spirit.

Scripture must agree with scripture. God is the one who shows you the scriptures.

Mat 13:10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?
Mat 13:11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

Last edited:

TestedandTried

I am convinced that God's word always makes sense. If it doesn't, it's probably not true. Let us start in Gen

Gen 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
Gen 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
Gen 2:8 And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.

God, in Gen 1 created mankind, male and female created he them and told them to go into all the world and replenish the earth.

God, in Gen 2 He formed a man and placed him in a garden.

If Gen 1 and Gen 2 are the same creation then it has to make sense. These two do not speak of the same creation and makes no sense to believe it does, so it is not true and one must concede that there were two different creations.

First, your premise that "if it doesn't make sense it's probable not true" does not hold up to Bible standards at all. Do miracles make sense? Does a virgin birth make sense? Do three persons yet one God (Trinity) make sense?
I Corinthians 2:14:
14 The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit.
As for the accounts of creations they summarize and expound to my understanding and you cannot look or pay attention to the account headings and where they are placed...decide for yourself where they should be placed...that's not Scripture.