How To Know For Sure That You Are Saved

beloved57

No you haven't.

I have raised three children. Not one of them was righteous from birth. Babies are nothing but narcissistic little demons. Whenever the opportunity presents its self they will bite you.

Babies Christ died for, His Obedience made them Righteous from Birth Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Babies Christ died for are born into this world already reconciled to God by His death Rom 5:10

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Now go ahead and disagree with scripture and deny the Cross !

Samie

No you haven't.

I have raised three children. Not one of them was righteous from birth. Babies are nothing but narcissistic little demons. Whenever the opportunity presents its self they will bite you.
Your statement clearly goes against Christ's: Matthew 19:14 "But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven." For Christ, little children exemplify those for the kingdom of heaven; while for you, little children exemplifies little demons.

Have you noticed that your position is clearly against Christ's?

chair

It is all very simple: If you believe like I do (i.e. whichever Christian is currently posting), then you will be saved. If you believe differently- then you are damned.

What fun!
Makes one wonder what your idea of God is.

Robert Pate

Banned
Your statement clearly goes against Christ's: Matthew 19:14 "But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven." For Christ, little children exemplify those for the kingdom of heaven; while for you, little children exemplifies little demons.

Have you noticed that your position is clearly against Christ's?

If everyone is born in Christ then everyone would be saved and would have the Holy Spirit. There would be no reason to preach the Gospel as to what Christ accomplished in his life, death and resurrection and would be worthless.

beloved57

Hold up. So you think God saves some babies and not others? Under what criteria? Lol

What do you mean what criteria ? Christ died for some people and not others. Those Christ died for are reconciled to God while they are enemies and unbelievers Rom 5:10

Robert Pate

Banned
What do you mean what criteria ? Christ died for some people and not others. Those Christ died for are reconciled to God while they are enemies and unbelievers Rom 5:10

If Christ died for some and not all, then he is unjust. It is not possible to have faith in an unjust Christ.

So, I guess you are not saved.

beloved57

If Christ died for some and not all, then he is unjust. It is not possible to have faith in an unjust Christ.

So, I guess you are not saved.

That's right, you believe that sinners Christ died for are going to perish in their sins anyways !

beloved57

Wasn't the other baby also an enemy? So what distinction is there being made for God choosing someone over someone else. In your own words you're basically saying it's randomized who he saves. Assuming we're dealing with babies. Some babies are condemned to a fiery hell and others go to heaven.

What makes the distinction ? God's Sovereign prerogative, as it's written Rom 9:15-16

15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I guess that we need to read the scriptures.

Romans 10:9-13 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; 10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation. 11 For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes in Him will not be disappointed.” 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, abounding in riches for all who call on Him; 13 for “Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

Samie

If everyone is born in Christ then everyone would be saved and would have the Holy Spirit. There would be no reason to preach the Gospel as to what Christ accomplished in his life, death and resurrection and would be worthless.
Everyone is born in Christ. And everyone had been saved and is being saved, BUT not everyone will be finally saved and make it to heaven and eternity. God through Christ had made everyone part of the Body of His Son, and registered in the registry of heaven - the book of life. God NOW commands all men everywhere to repent (Acts 17:30), and repentance is change of mind for what is good: instead of doing evil, one changes his mind and do good. Those who choose to overcome evil with good will not be blotted out and will be seated with Christ in His throne as He also overcame and sat down with the Father in His throne (Rev 3:5, 21). Sadly, non-overcomers will be blotted out and will have their portion in the lake of fire (Rev 20:15). Only those not blotted out will be ushered into the heavenly portals (Rev 21:27), or in other words only they WILL be saved (FUTURE TENSE. see Matt 24:13. Don't forget there are tenses of salvation: past, present, future).

If at any point in time, God determines that a person has grown up into a spiritual stature where he needs to personally know Christ and Him crucified, then he will send a Philip to him. Remember the eunuch (Acts 8:26ff) who travelled more than 5 thousand miles from Ethiopia to Jerusalem just to worship God? It was NOT Philip's plan to meet the eunuch, nor was it the eunuch's plan to meet with Philip. It was all the plan of the Holy Spirit. The eunuch is already God's worshiper prior to his meeting Philip. He is already doing SOMETHING - worshiping God - and that simply shows he already is in Christ, or else he would have done NOTHING, for apart from Him, Christ said man can do NOTHING.

There is always a reason for preaching the gospel Christ wanted preached to the world before he comes again, for it is only when that gospel is preached to the whole world that He will come. Sadly, the brand of gospel you and many others preach is an adulterated gospel. You presuppose people are born apart from Christ, yet you want people to do SOMETHING while apart from Him. Your teaching is diametrically opposed to what Christ said that apart from Him, man can do NOTHING. John 15:4, 5.

Also, by teaching that people are born in sin, you are saying that people are born in the lost condition. Again, that teaching goes against Christ's parables of the lost sheep, lost coin and lost son (Luke 15). The sheep was with its shepherd BEFORE it got lost; the coin was in its owner BEFORE it was lost; the son was with His Father, before he was lost. All three started out NOT lost. So with us. We start out in life NOT lost, and to be NOT lost is to be in Christ.

You had been saved and are being saved, Robert. Sadly, IF, and only IF, you persist in preaching another gospel, despite knowing that the gospel you preach is NOT the one Christ wanted preached, then that would be sad. see 2 Thess 2:10-12. I am not judging you, brother. Just giving a word of caution, being my brother's keeper.

Robert Pate

Banned
Everyone is born in Christ. And everyone had been saved and is being saved, BUT not everyone will be finally saved and make it to heaven and eternity. God through Christ had made everyone part of the Body of His Son, and registered in the registry of heaven - the book of life. God NOW commands all men everywhere to repent (Acts 17:30), and repentance is change of mind for what is good: instead of doing evil, one changes his mind and do good. Those who choose to overcome evil with good will not be blotted out and will be seated with Christ in His throne as He also overcame and sat down with the Father in His throne (Rev 3:5, 21). Sadly, non-overcomers will be blotted out and will have their portion in the lake of fire (Rev 20:15). Only those not blotted out will be ushered into the heavenly portals (Rev 21:27), or in other words only they WILL be saved (FUTURE TENSE. see Matt 24:13. Don't forget there are tenses of salvation: past, present, future).

If at any point in time, God determines that a person has grown up into a spiritual stature where he needs to personally know Christ and Him crucified, then he will send a Philip to him. Remember the eunuch (Acts 8:26ff) who travelled more than 5 thousand miles from Ethiopia to Jerusalem just to worship God? It was NOT Philip's plan to meet the eunuch, nor was it the eunuch's plan to meet with Philip. It was all the plan of the Holy Spirit. The eunuch is already God's worshiper prior to his meeting Philip. He is already doing SOMETHING - worshiping God - and that simply shows he already is in Christ, or else he would have done NOTHING, for apart from Him, Christ said man can do NOTHING.

There is always a reason for preaching the gospel Christ wanted preached to the world before he comes again, for it is only when that gospel is preached to the whole world that He will come. Sadly, the brand of gospel you and many others preach is an adulterated gospel. You presuppose people are born apart from Christ, yet you want people to do SOMETHING while apart from Him. Your teaching is diametrically opposed to what Christ said that apart from Him, man can do NOTHING. John 15:4, 5.

Also, by teaching that people are born in sin, you are saying that people are born in the lost condition. Again, that teaching goes against Christ's parables of the lost sheep, lost coin and lost son (Luke 15). The sheep was with its shepherd BEFORE it got lost; the coin was in its owner BEFORE it was lost; the son was with His Father, before he was lost. All three started out NOT lost. So with us. We start out in life NOT lost, and to be NOT lost is to be in Christ.

You had been saved and are being saved, Robert. Sadly, IF, and only IF, you persist in preaching another gospel, despite knowing that the gospel you preach is NOT the one Christ wanted preached, then that would be sad. see 2 Thess 2:10-12. I am not judging you, brother. Just giving a word of caution, being my brother's keeper.

All are born after Adam, Romans 5:12. Do you think that Paul is lying to you? King David said that he was conceived in sin. Why is it you don't believe David? Your conflict is not with me, your conflict is with the scriptures.

Samie

All are born after Adam, Romans 5:12.
Yes. And with Adam in Christ, all his descendants are born in Christ. I have addressed your use of this text, and you have no rebuttal against it.

Do you think that Paul is lying to you?
Nope. You Just think he means what you want him to mean.

King David said that he was conceived in sin.
Yes, that's true. And God said, He sanctifies people in the womb. Hence, conceived in sin, born sanctified. And those whom God sanctified, He made perfect forever. Heb 10:10, 14. I have addressed your use of David's statement, and has no rebuttal for it.

Why is it you don't believe David?
I do. It's you who don't believe in what God said that He sanctifies people in the womb.

Your conflict is not with me, your conflict is with the scriptures.
Not quite. It's your position that conflicts with Scriptures.

Again, for the nth time, your position conflicts with Jesus own words that apart from Him man can do NOTHING because you teach that people are born apart from Christ and for them to be in Him they must do SOMETHING - believe and accept the gospel. But you cannot seem to see the paradox or just play blind. You haven't event tried addressing this issue.

Your position that people are born in sin and hence start out in life in the lost condition is totally against Christ's parables of the lost sheep, lost coin, and lost son.

Your statement that babies are demons is completely in disagreement with Jesus' own statement relative to babies as exemplifying those who will make it to the kingdom of God.

Jdorman

I completely disagree with you on this, examining oneself is completely normal and God knows our frame still contains flesh.

How did the early church know they had received something new? How did they know that salvation had come to the gentiles as well? (Acts 10:44-46, 11:17) That's the sign the early church used to "know" at least initially if anyone had received the Spirit.

I do think after that initial point, it would make total sense to have to examine oneself every so often to ensure continued obedience.