How the NT abuses Tanach prophecies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elia

Bs"d

So the fact remains that the NT, just like the Christians themselves, rips Tanach texts which have no bearing on the messiah, out of context, mistranslates them, and then brings them as "messianic prophecies fulfilled by JC".

Why does anybody with two working brain cells keep on believing in this?? :confused: :confused:

"O Y-H-W-H, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come to You from the ends of the earth and say, 'Surely our fathers have inherited lies, worthlessness and unprofitable things.' Will a man make gods for himself, which are not gods?"
Jeremiah 16:19

daqq

Bs"d

We have seen how the NT abuses and mistranslates the prophecy that Isaiah gave to king Achaz. It is ripped out of context, and turned into a messianic prophecy, which it obviously is not. That can be seen HERE.

B'sd,

Who are these words towards in context?

Ezekiel 28

11 The word of the Lord came to me: 12 “Son of man, lament for the king of Tyre and say to him: This is what the Lord God says:

You were the seal[c] of perfection,[d]
full of wisdom and perfect in beauty.
13 You were in Eden, the garden of God.
Every kind of precious stone covered you:
carnelian, topaz, and diamond,[e]
beryl, onyx, and jasper,
sapphire,[f] turquoise[g] and emerald.[h]
Your mountings and settings were crafted in gold;
they were prepared on the day you were created.
14 You were an anointed guardian cherub,
for I had appointed you.
You were on the holy mountain of God;
you walked among the fiery stones.

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

The Ab beit-Din, ("father of the court"), and the Nasiy-Prince, (Chief Kohen), and in the case of Ananus ben Seth and Kaiaphas they both wore the Ephod Breastplate of Judgement which has the stones in it which are mentioned in the passage, (the Septuagint lists all of the stones but it was removed from the Masoretic Text to hide the fact that Revelation 13 speaks of this).

Ezekiel 28:13 LXX-Septuagint (Brenton English Translation)
13 Thou wast in the delight of the paradise of God; thou hast bound upon thee every precious stone, the sardius, and topaz, and emerald, and carbuncle, and sapphire, and jasper, and silver, and gold,
[not the metal but a color of stone] and ligure, and agate, and amethyst, and chrysolite, and beryl, and onyx: and thou hast filled thy treasures and thy stores in thee with gold [the metal].

All of the Ephod Breastplate stones of the Kohen are mentioned, (fourteen stones with the two shoulders). In the days of Yeshua the only coin allowed within the Temple Precincts was the SHEKEL OF TYRE.

Daqq,

Whether we see everything eye to eye or not, I dig your posts!

On the money! My point was to point out to Elia that just because one context of scripture is there, there are prophesies and revelations within those words.

This is an excellent example of that.

Smooth interpretation Daqq. [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

There is a mountain of evidence behind that, ehem,"interpretation" . . . :chuckle:

כרוב ממשח (kə-rūḇ mim-šaḥ) - Ezekiel 28:14 - Gematria 616
כרוב הסכך (kə-rūḇ has-sō-ḵêḵ) - Ezekiel 28:16 - Gematria 333 (x2 by the overall context)
αννα και καιαφα - Luke 3:2 - Gematria 666 - Ananus ben Seth and Kaiaphas (hollow rock)
καισαρα (Kaesar) - John 19:15 - Gematria 333 ("We have no king but Caesar!")

All these things, (including the Ezekiel 28 passage), have one plain surface context:

1) The Ab beit-Din "father of the court", (Ananus ben Seth).
2) The Nasiy-Prince chief Kohen, (Kaiaphas).
3) Two horns like a lamb - speaks like a dragon - rises up from the Land (of Yisrael).

Therefore, I say, he is a Kohen who penned the Apokalypse, (Yohanan the Immerser).

Indeed,

And Rotfl about mountain.

[emoji2]

More background for this may now be found here, (Replies 347-351). :)

Elia

Bs"d

Another question, maybe you can answer this one, it's a very simple one:

When Isaiah speaks about the "servant of God", is he then speaking about God Himself, or about somebody else?

"Thus says Y-H-W-H of hosts: In those days ten men from nations of every language shall take hold of a Jew, grasping his garment and saying, “Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you.”
Zech 8:23
Bs"d

Come on guys, you had now almost 7 years to answer this simple question. Is there really nobody who can answer this simple question?

If you ask this question in a kindergarten you get the right answer.

It is really not difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.