How the NT abuses Tanach prophecies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elia

Bs"d

We have seen how the NT abuses and mistranslates the prophecy that Isaiah gave to king Achaz. It is ripped out of context, and turned into a messianic prophecy, which it obviously is not. That can be seen HERE.

And the horrible fact of the matter is that all the so called "messianic prophecies" that the NT brings from the Tanach are the same. The NT tries to "prove" that JC was the messiah by ripping Tanach texts which have no bearing on the messiah whatsoever out of context, and presenting them as "messianic prophecies", which they are obviously not.

Here are some more examples, read and shiver....

Matt 2:14 “And he rose and took the child and his mother by night, and departed to Egypt, 15 and remained there until the death of Herod. This was to fulfil what the Lord had spoken by the prophet, "Out of Egypt have I called my son."”

Here a text from Hosea 11: 1 which says: “out of Egypt I called my son” is applied to the messiah.
But let's take a look WHO is the “son of God” in the Tanach: “And you shall say to Pharaoh, 'Thus says the LORD, Israel is my first-born son, and I say to you, "Let my son go that he may serve me"; if you refuse to let him go, behold, I will slay your first-born son.'" Exodus 4:22
This is clear language. And also in Hosea 11:1 it CLEARLY speaks about Israel, which has been led out of slavery from Egypt by God. See here Hosea 11:1 complete, and not a part ripped out of context: “When Israel was a child, I loved him, and out of Egypt I called my son.”
Just read the whole chapter of Hosea 11 and see that it all speaks about Israel, and not about the messiah.
What the NT is doing here once again is ripping a piece of text out of context which has no bearing on the messiah whatsoever, and then present it as a “messianic prophecy”. Something it obviously is not.

Next prophecy from the Tanach, as quoted by the NT:

Matt 2:16-18 “Then Herod, when he saw that he had been tricked by the wise men, was in a furious rage, and he sent and killed all the male children in Bethlehem and in all that region who were two years old or under, according to the time which he had ascertained from the wise men. Then was fulfilled what was spoken by the prophet Jeremiah: “A voice was heard in Ramah, wailing and loud lamentation, Rachel weeping for her children; she refused to be consoled, because they were no more."”
Here the NT claims that Jeremiah 31:15 speaks about a slaughter of children, taking place in the days of the messiah.

And now read what is really happening there: Jeremiah 31: “10 "Hear the word of the LORD, O nations, and declare it in the coastlands afar off; say, 'He who scattered Israel will gather him, and will keep him as a shepherd keeps his flock.' 11 For the LORD has ransomed Jacob, and has redeemed him from hands too strong for him. 12 They shall come and sing aloud on the height of Zion, and they shall be radiant over the goodness of the LORD, over the grain, the wine, and the oil, and over the young of the flock and the herd; their life shall be like a watered garden, and they shall languish no more. 13 Then shall the maidens rejoice in the dance, and the young men and the old shall be merry. I will turn their mourning into joy, I will comfort them, and give them gladness for sorrow. 14 I will feast the soul of the priests with abundance, and my people shall be satisfied with my goodness, says the LORD." 15 Thus says the LORD: "A voice is heard in Ramah, lamentation and bitter weeping. Rachel is weeping for her children; she refuses to be comforted for her children, because they are not." 16 Thus says the LORD: "Keep your voice from weeping, and your eyes from tears; for your work shall be rewarded, says the LORD, and they shall come back from the land of the enemy. 17 There is hope for your future, says the LORD, and your children shall come back to their own country.”

As everyone can see, this speaks about Israel which went into exile, and of whom God says that they will return from the exile back to the land of Israel.

Another text which has no bearing on the slaughter of children in the days of messiah which is ripped out of context by the NT and is presented to us as a “messianic prophecy”.

Matthew 2:23 “And he went and dwelt in a city called Nazareth, that what was spoken by the prophets might be fulfilled, "He shall be called a Nazarene."”

This prophecy won't take up much time, because you can go through the whole Hebrew Bible, and NOWHERE is it written that the messiah should live in Nazareth, or the he should be called “Nazarene”.

So the NT is also giving non-existing prophecies.

Matthew 26:14-15 "Then one of the twelve, who is called Judas Iscariot, having gone unto the chief priests, said, `What are ye willing to give me, and I will deliver him up to you?' and they weighed out to him thirty silverlings,"

Matthew 27: "3 When Judas, who had betrayed him, saw that Jesus was condemned, he was seized with remorse and returned the thirty silver coins to the chief priests and the elders. 4 "I have sinned," he said, "for I have betrayed innocent blood." "What is that to us?" they replied. "That's your responsibility." 5 So Judas threw the money into the temple and left. Then he went away and hanged himself. 6 The chief priests picked up the coins and said, "It is against the law to put this into the treasury, since it is blood money." 7 So they decided to use the money to buy the potter's field as a burial place for foreigners. 8 That is why it has been called the Field of Blood to this day. 9Then what was spoken by Jeremiah the prophet was fulfilled: "They took the thirty silver coins, the price set on him by the people of Israel, 10 and they used them to buy the potter's field, as the Lord commanded me."

This OT text can by found in Zech 11:12 "I told them, "If you think it best, give me my pay; but if not, keep it." So they paid me thirty pieces of silver. 13 And the LORD said to me, "Throw it to the potter"-the handsome price at which they priced me! So I took the thirty pieces of silver and threw them into the house of the LORD to the potter."

As we see here in Zechariah, there is no messiah to be seen who is being betrayed for 30 pieces of silver. And no potters fields are being bought in Zechariah.
As a matter of fact, in all of this text in Zechariah is no potter to be found.

No potter to be found?

No potter to be found.

The above translation of Zechariah 11:12 is from the New International Version. It says that Zechariah threw the money to the "potter" in the Temple.
In the Hebrew is written "yotseer". That can mean "potter", but it can also mean "treasurer".
In the Temple weren't any potters sitting around. Who was sitting there, was a treasurer, who accepted the gifts for the Temple.
So Zechariah doesn't speak about a potter, but about a treasurer.
This fact is recognized by the Revised Standard Version, it says here "treasurer" in stead of "potter".
Also Youngs Literal Translation says here "treasurer", and also the Contemporary English Version says here "treasury".
The Stone Edition of the Tanach says: "HASHEM (literally: "The Name) said to me, "Throw it to the treasurer of the Precious Stronghold which I have divested from them". So I threw it into the Temple of HASHEM, to the treasurer."
Also the New World Translation of the Watch Tower Society gives a good translation: At that, J-e-h-o-v-a-h said to me: “Throw it to the treasury—the majestic value with which I have been valued from their standpoint.” Accordingly I took the thirty pieces of silver and threw it into the treasury at the house of J-e-h-o-v-a-h."

So what we see here, is that there is no "potter" in Zechariah, and that the whole NT story about buying land of a potter has no bearing whatsoever on the text in Zechariah.

Also we have here a clear proof that the NT text is so orchestrated that it looks as if it fulfils OT prophecies. But because of the fact that they make here another mistake in the translation, the set up is clear to see for everybody.

And there is more. Look again to Matthew 27 and see what the Christians won't tell you: "9 Then what was spoken by Jeremiah the prophet was fulfilled: "They took the thirty silver coins, the price set on him by the people of Israel, 10 and they used them to buy the potter's field, as the Lord commanded me."

So here we see that Matthew claims that this text comes from Jeremiah, when in truth, it comes from Zechariah.
Another slip up of the New Testament which is supposedly divinely inspired.

Matthew was not capable of naming the right prophet.
And this is supposed to "prove" that JC is the messiah.

Well, with friends like Matthew, you don't need enemies any more.

Luke 24: “44 Then he said to them, "These are my words which I spoke to you, while I was still with you, that everything written about me in the law of Moses and the prophets and the psalms must be fulfilled." 45 Then he opened their minds to understand the scriptures, 46 and said to them, "Thus it is written, that the Christ should suffer and on the third day rise from the dead, 47 and that repentance and forgiveness of sins should be preached in his name to all nations, beginning from Jerusalem.”

But the problem is: NOWHERE in the Tanach is it written that “the Christ should suffer and on the third day rise from the dead, and that repentance and forgiveness of sins should be preached in his name to all nations, beginning from Jerusalem.”

Another NT quote of OT prophecy which is nowhere to be found in the OT.

"O Y-H-W-H, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come to You from the ends of the earth and say, 'Surely our fathers have inherited lies, worthlessness and unprofitable things.' Will a man make gods for himself, which are not gods?"
Jeremiah 16:19

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Bs"d

We have seen how the NT abuses and mistranslates the prophecy that Isaiah gave to king Achaz. It is ripped out of context, and turned into a messianic prophecy, which it obviously is not. That can be seen HERE.

And the horrible fact of the matter is that all the so called "messianic prophecies" that the NT brings from the Tanach are the same. The NT tries to "prove" that JC was the messiah by ripping Tanach texts which have no bearing on the messiah whatsoever out of context, and presenting them as "messianic prophecies", which they are obviously not.

Here are some more examples, read and shiver....

Matt 2:14 “And he rose and took the child and his mother by night, and departed to Egypt, 15 and remained there until the death of Herod. This was to fulfil what the Lord had spoken by the prophet, "Out of Egypt have I called my son."”

Here a text from Hosea 11: 1 which says: “out of Egypt I called my son” is applied to the messiah.
But let's take a look WHO is the “son of God” in the Tanach: “And you shall say to Pharaoh, 'Thus says the LORD, Israel is my first-born son, and I say to you, "Let my son go that he may serve me"; if you refuse to let him go, behold, I will slay your first-born son.'" Exodus 4:22
This is clear language. And also in Hosea 11:1 it CLEARLY speaks about Israel, which has been led out of slavery from Egypt by God. See here Hosea 11:1 complete, and not a part ripped out of context: “When Israel was a child, I loved him, and out of Egypt I called my son.”
Just read the whole chapter of Hosea 11 and see that it all speaks about Israel, and not about the messiah.
What the NT is doing here once again is ripping a piece of text out of context which has no bearing on the messiah whatsoever, and then present it as a “messianic prophecy”. Something it obviously is not.

Matt 2:16-18 “Then Herod, when he saw that he had been tricked by the wise men, was in a furious rage, and he sent and killed all the male children in Bethlehem and in all that region who were two years old or under, according to the time which he had ascertained from the wise men. Then was fulfilled what was spoken by the prophet Jeremiah: “A voice was heard in Ramah, wailing and loud lamentation, Rachel weeping for her children; she refused to be consoled, because they were no more."”
Here the NT claims that Jeremiah 31:15 speaks about a slaughter of children, taking place in the days of the messiah.

And now read what is really happening there: Jeremiah 31: “10 "Hear the word of the LORD, O nations, and declare it in the coastlands afar off; say, 'He who scattered Israel will gather him, and will keep him as a shepherd keeps his flock.' 11 For the LORD has ransomed Jacob, and has redeemed him from hands too strong for him. 12 They shall come and sing aloud on the height of Zion, and they shall be radiant over the goodness of the LORD, over the grain, the wine, and the oil, and over the young of the flock and the herd; their life shall be like a watered garden, and they shall languish no more. 13 Then shall the maidens rejoice in the dance, and the young men and the old shall be merry. I will turn their mourning into joy, I will comfort them, and give them gladness for sorrow. 14 I will feast the soul of the priests with abundance, and my people shall be satisfied with my goodness, says the LORD." 15 Thus says the LORD: "A voice is heard in Ramah, lamentation and bitter weeping. Rachel is weeping for her children; she refuses to be comforted for her children, because they are not." 16 Thus says the LORD: "Keep your voice from weeping, and your eyes from tears; for your work shall be rewarded, says the LORD, and they shall come back from the land of the enemy. 17 There is hope for your future, says the LORD, and your children shall come back to their own country.”

As everyone can see, this speaks about Israel which went into exile, and of whom God says that they will return from the exile back to the land of Israel.

Another text which has no bearing on the slaughter of children in the days of messiah which is ripped out of context by the NT and is presented to us as a “messianic prophecy”.

Matthew 2:23 “And he went and dwelt in a city called Nazareth, that what was spoken by the prophets might be fulfilled, "He shall be called a Nazarene."”

This prophecy won't take up much time, because you can go through the whole Hebrew Bible, and NOWHERE is it written that the messiah should live in Nazareth, or the he should be called “Nazarene”.

So the NT is also giving non-existing prophecies.

Matthew 26:14-15 "Then one of the twelve, who is called Judas Iscariot, having gone unto the chief priests, said, `What are ye willing to give me, and I will deliver him up to you?' and they weighed out to him thirty silverlings,"

Matthew 27: "3 When Judas, who had betrayed him, saw that Jesus was condemned, he was seized with remorse and returned the thirty silver coins to the chief priests and the elders. 4 "I have sinned," he said, "for I have betrayed innocent blood." "What is that to us?" they replied. "That's your responsibility." 5 So Judas threw the money into the temple and left. Then he went away and hanged himself. 6 The chief priests picked up the coins and said, "It is against the law to put this into the treasury, since it is blood money." 7 So they decided to use the money to buy the potter's field as a burial place for foreigners. 8 That is why it has been called the Field of Blood to this day. 9Then what was spoken by Jeremiah the prophet was fulfilled: "They took the thirty silver coins, the price set on him by the people of Israel, 10 and they used them to buy the potter's field, as the Lord commanded me."

This OT text can by found in Zech 11:12 "I told them, "If you think it best, give me my pay; but if not, keep it." So they paid me thirty pieces of silver. 13 And the LORD said to me, "Throw it to the potter"-the handsome price at which they priced me! So I took the thirty pieces of silver and threw them into the house of the LORD to the potter."

As we see here in Zechariah, there is no messiah to be seen who is being betrayed for 30 pieces of silver. And no potters fields are being bought in Zechariah.
As a matter of fact, in all of this text in Zechariah is no potter to be found.

No potter to be found?

No potter to be found.

The above translation of Zechariah 11:12 is from the New International Version. It says that Zechariah threw the money to the "potter" in the Temple.
In the Hebrew is written "yotseer". That can mean "potter", but it can also mean "treasurer".
In the Temple weren't any potters sitting around. Who was sitting there, was a treasurer, who accepted the gifts for the Temple.
So Zechariah doesn't speak about a potter, but about a treasurer.
This fact is recognized by the Revised Standard Version, it says here "treasurer" in stead of "potter".
Also Youngs Literal Translation says here "treasurer", and also the Contemporary English Version says here "treasury".
The Stone Edition of the Tanach says: "HASHEM (literally: "The Name) said to me, "Throw it to the treasurer of the Precious Stronghold which I have divested from them". So I threw it into the Temple of HASHEM, to the treasurer."
Also the New World Translation of the Watch Tower Society gives a good translation: At that, J-e-h-o-v-a-h said to me: “Throw it to the treasury—the majestic value with which I have been valued from their standpoint.” Accordingly I took the thirty pieces of silver and threw it into the treasury at the house of J-e-h-o-v-a-h."

So what we see here, is that there is no "potter" in Zechariah, and that the whole NT story about buying land of a potter has no bearing whatsoever on the text in Zechariah.

Also we have here a clear proof that the NT text is so orchestrated that it looks as if it fulfils OT prophecies. But because of the fact that they make here another mistake in the translation, the set up is clear to see for everybody.

And there is more. Look again to Matthew 27 and see what the Christians won't tell you: "9 Then what was spoken by Jeremiah the prophet was fulfilled: "They took the thirty silver coins, the price set on him by the people of Israel, 10 and they used them to buy the potter's field, as the Lord commanded me."

So here we see that Matthew claims that this text comes from Jeremiah, when in truth, it comes from Zechariah.
Another slip up of the New Testament which is supposedly divinely inspired.

Matthew was not capable of naming the right prophet.
And this is supposed to "prove" that JC is the messiah.

Well, with friends like Matthew, you don't need enemies any more.

Luke 24: “44 Then he said to them, "These are my words which I spoke to you, while I was still with you, that everything written about me in the law of Moses and the prophets and the psalms must be fulfilled." 45 Then he opened their minds to understand the scriptures, 46 and said to them, "Thus it is written, that the Christ should suffer and on the third day rise from the dead, 47 and that repentance and forgiveness of sins should be preached in his name to all nations, beginning from Jerusalem.”

But the problem is: NOWHERE in the Tanach is it written that “the Christ should suffer and on the third day rise from the dead, and that repentance and forgiveness of sins should be preached in his name to all nations, beginning from Jerusalem.”

Another NT quote of OT prophecy which is nowhere to be found in the OT.

"O Y-H-W-H, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come to You from the ends of the earth and say, 'Surely our fathers have inherited lies, worthlessness and unprofitable things.' Will a man make gods for himself, which are not gods?"

B'sd,

Who are these words towards in context?

Ezekiel 28

11 The word of the Lord came to me: 12 “Son of man, lament for the king of Tyre and say to him: This is what the Lord God says:

You were the seal[c] of perfection,[d]
full of wisdom and perfect in beauty.
13 You were in Eden, the garden of God.
Every kind of precious stone covered you:
carnelian, topaz, and diamond,[e]
beryl, onyx, and jasper,
sapphire,[f] turquoise[g] and emerald.[h]
Your mountings and settings were crafted in gold;
they were prepared on the day you were created.
14 You were an anointed guardian cherub,
for I had appointed you.
You were on the holy mountain of God;
you walked among the fiery stones.

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

daqq

B'sd,

Who are these words towards in context?

Ezekiel 28

11 The word of the Lord came to me: 12 “Son of man, lament for the king of Tyre and say to him: This is what the Lord God says:

You were the seal[c] of perfection,[d]
full of wisdom and perfect in beauty.
13 You were in Eden, the garden of God.
Every kind of precious stone covered you:
carnelian, topaz, and diamond,[e]
beryl, onyx, and jasper,
sapphire,[f] turquoise[g] and emerald.[h]
Your mountings and settings were crafted in gold;
they were prepared on the day you were created.
14 You were an anointed guardian cherub,
for I had appointed you.
You were on the holy mountain of God;
you walked among the fiery stones.

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

The Ab beit-Din, ("father of the court"), and the Nasiy-Prince, (Chief Kohen), and in the case of Ananus ben Seth and Kaiaphas they both wore the Ephod Breastplate of Judgement which has the stones in it which are mentioned in the passage, (the Septuagint lists all of the stones but it was removed from the Masoretic Text to hide the fact that Revelation 13 speaks of this).

Ezekiel 28:13 LXX-Septuagint (Brenton English Translation)
13 Thou wast in the delight of the paradise of God; thou hast bound upon thee every precious stone, the sardius, and topaz, and emerald, and carbuncle, and sapphire, and jasper, and silver, and gold,
[not the metal but a color of stone] and ligure, and agate, and amethyst, and chrysolite, and beryl, and onyx: and thou hast filled thy treasures and thy stores in thee with gold [the metal].

All of the Ephod Breastplate stones of the Kohen are mentioned, (fourteen stones with the two shoulders). In the days of Yeshua the only coin allowed within the Temple Precincts was the SHEKEL OF TYRE.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
The Ab beit-Din, ("father of the court"), and the Nasiy-Prince, (Chief Kohen), and in the case of Ananus ben Seth and Kaiaphas they both wore the Ephod Breastplate of Judgement which has the stones in it which are mentioned in the passage, (the Septuagint lists all of the stones but it was removed from the Masoretic Text to hide the fact that Revelation 13 speaks of this).

Ezekiel 28:13 LXX-Septuagint (Brenton English Translation)
13 Thou wast in the delight of the paradise of God; thou hast bound upon thee every precious stone, the sardius, and topaz, and emerald, and carbuncle, and sapphire, and jasper, and silver, and gold,
[not the metal but a color of stone] and ligure, and agate, and amethyst, and chrysolite, and beryl, and onyx: and thou hast filled thy treasures and thy stores in thee with gold [the metal].

All of the Ephod Breastplate stones of the Kohen are mentioned, (fourteen stones with the two shoulders). In the days of Yeshua the only coin allowed within the Temple Precincts was the SHEKEL OF TYRE.

Daqq,

Whether we see everything eye to eye or not, I dig your posts!

On the money! My point was to point out to Elia that just because one context of scripture is there, there are prophesies and revelations within those words.

This is an excellent example of that.

Smooth interpretation Daqq. [emoji106][emoji106]

daqq

Daqq,

Whether we see everything eye to eye or not, I dig your posts!

On the money! My point was to point out to Elia that just because one context of scripture is there, there are prophesies and revelations within those words.

This is an excellent example of that.

Smooth interpretation Daqq. [emoji106][emoji106]

There is a mountain of evidence behind that, ehem,"interpretation" . . . :chuckle:

כרוב ממשח (kə-rūḇ mim-šaḥ) - Ezekiel 28:14 - Gematria 616
כרוב הסכך (kə-rūḇ has-sō-ḵêḵ) - Ezekiel 28:16 - Gematria 333 (x2 by the overall context)
αννα και καιαφα - Luke 3:2 - Gematria 666 - Ananus ben Seth and Kaiaphas (hollow rock)
καισαρα (Kaesar) - John 19:15 - Gematria 333 ("We have no king but Caesar!")

All these things, (including the Ezekiel 28 passage), have one plain surface context:

1) The Ab beit-Din "father of the court", (Ananus ben Seth).
2) The Nasiy-Prince chief Kohen, (Kaiaphas).
3) Two horns like a lamb - speaks like a dragon - rises up from the Land (of Yisrael).

Therefore, I say, he is a Kohen who penned the Apokalypse, (Yohanan the Immerser).

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
There is a mountain of evidence behind that, ehem,"interpretation" . . . :chuckle:

כרוב ממשח (kə-rūḇ mim-šaḥ) - Ezekiel 28:14 - Gematria 616
כרוב הסכך (kə-rūḇ has-sō-ḵêḵ) - Ezekiel 28:16 - Gematria 333 (x2 by the overall context)
αννα και καιαφα - Luke 3:2 - Gematria 666 - Ananus ben Seth and Kaiaphas (hollow rock)
καισαρα (Kaesar) - John 19:15 - Gematria 333 ("We have no king but Caesar!")

All these things, (including the Ezekiel 28 passage), have one plain surface context:

1) The Ab beit-Din "father of the court", (Ananus ben Seth).
2) The Nasiy-Prince chief Kohen, (Kaiaphas).
3) Two horns like a lamb - speaks like a dragon - rises up from the Land (of Yisrael).

Therefore, I say, he is a Kohen who penned the Apokalypse, (Yohanan the Immerser).
Indeed,

And Rotfl about mountain.

[emoji2]

daqq

Indeed,

And Rotfl about mountain.

[emoji2]

Hmmm . . . In Revelation Yaakob the mother of Yohanan, Elisheba, says to the mountain: "O mountain of Elohim, receive me, mother and son!" (for Elisheba was not able to ascend). [03] And immediately the mountain was divided and received them, and a light shone roundabout them; for the Malak of YHWH was with them, to guard them in the way: [04] And they ran the valley of the mountains, as when they ran before the earthquake in the days of Uzziyah, king of Yhudah; and the valley of the mountains reaches unto Beit ha-Etzel. [05] And Herod was in a rage of madness, and he commanded that all the principal manservants of the entire nation, from two years in the forces and under, wheresoever they lived, should be summoned unto him. [06] And they were a great number that came from all twelve tribes, for those of the whole nation were called, and all heard of this call: [07] And death was the penalty of such as should despise the epistles that were sent out. [08] And now the king was in a mad rage against them all; the innocent as well as those that had afforded even the slightest grounds for accusation: [09] And when they were come, he ordered them all to be shut up and hedged in at the hippodrome, and sent for his sister and her husband, and he spoke thus to them: [10] I shall die in a short time, my pains are so great, which death ought to be cheerfully borne and welcomed by all men: [11] But what principally troubles me is this; that I shall die without being lamented, and without such mourning as men would usually expect with the death of a king. [12] He desired therefore, that as soon as they see he had given up the breath, they should have soldiers roundabout the hippodrome while they do not yet know that he is dead: [13] And that they should not declare his death until this be done; but that they should give orders to have those that are in the hippodrome shot through with their arrows. [14] And that this slaughter of all the principle manchild servants of the whole nation of Yisrael would cause that he shall not miss to rejoice on two accounts: [15] That as he is dying they will secure him that his will be executed in what he charges them to do; and that he shall have the honor of a memorable lamentation at his funeral. [16] So he deplored his condition, with dragon tears in his eyes, and entreated them by the kindness due from them, as being his kindred, and by the faith they owed to him: [17] And he begged of them that they would not hinder him of this great lamentation of the whole nation at his funeral: and they promised not to transgress his command. [18] But when Herod was dead, Salome released the manchild servant Yisrael, and they returned to their brethren, as it is written in HaNaviim Miykah and Yirmeyahu.

:sheep:

Last edited:

Elia

What is a tanach?

Bs"d

The Hebrew Bible, what Christians call "the Old Testament".

"For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of Y-H-W-H our God for ever and ever."
Micah 4:5

beameup

The Jews ignore most of the prophecies in the Old Testament, or else they "spiritualize" them to mean they apply to themselves (egotistical, ego-centric, "pity poor me" application).

Like Isaiah ch. 53, where Jews claim:
1) they are being punished by God
2) their soul is being made an offering for sin
3) their soul is in travail
4) they "justified many"
5) they "bare their iniquities"?
6) their soul is poured out unto death
7) they bare the sins of many

Elia

The Jews ignore most of the prophecies in the Old Testament, or else they "spiritualize" them to mean they apply to themselves (egotistical, ego-centric, "pity poor me" application).

Like Isaiah ch. 53, where Jews claim:
4) they "justified many"

Bs"d

Please give me your BIBLICAL proof from the Tanach that Isaiah 53 speaks about the messiah.

I'm very curious.

When you're done I'll happily give you the Biblical proof from the Tanach that it speaks about Israel.

beameup

Bs"d

Please give me your BIBLICAL proof from the Tanach that Isaiah 53 speaks about the messiah.

I'm very curious.

When you're done I'll happily give you the Biblical proof from the Tanach that it speaks about Israel.

Why, according to Jews, it speaks of them... the Pitiful People

4) they "justified many"

Elia

Bs'd -

Judaism is a dead faith -

Bs'd

To conclude. -- If the statistics are right, the Jews constitute but one percent of the human race.(in reality only 0,2%) It suggests a nebulous dim puff of star dust lost in the blaze of the Milky Way. Properly the Jew ought hardly to be heard of; but he is heard of, has always been heard of. He is as prominent on the planet as any other people, and his commercial importance is extravagantly out of proportion to the smallness of his bulk. His contributions to the world's list of great names in literature, science, art, music, finance, medicine, and abstruse learning are also away out of proportion to the weakness of his numbers. He has made a marvellous fight in this world, in all the ages; and has done it with his hands tied behind him. He could be vain of himself, and be excused for it. The Egyptian, the Babylonian, and the Persian rose, filled the planet with sound and splendor, then faded to dream-stuff and passed away; the Greek and the Roman followed, and made a vast noise, and they are gone; other peoples have sprung up and held their torch high for a time, but it burned out, and they sit in twilight now, or have vanished. The Jew saw them all, beat them all, and is now what he always was, exhibiting no decadence, no infirmities of age, no weakening of his parts, no slowing of his energies, no dulling of his alert and aggressive mind. All things are mortal but the Jew; all other forces pass, but he remains. What is the secret of his immortality?

Here is the whole text of Mark Twains "Concerning the Jews":
http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/mod/1898twain-jews.html

Elia

Why, according to Jews, it speaks of them... the Pitiful People

Bs"d

It is according to the TANACH that Isaiah 53 speaks about ISRAEL.

And you forgot about this:

I'm very curious.

"For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of Y-H-W-H our God for ever and ever."
Micah 4:5

beameup

Bs"d
It is according to the TANACH that Isaiah 53 speaks about ISRAEL.

And you forgot about this:

I'm very curious.
You, and other Jews here, have told us that Isaiah 53 speaks of the Jewish People. You are the "expert" because you fervently read the Torah and know Hebrew. You have repeatedly told us:
1) you are being punished by God
2) your soul is being made an offering for sin
3) your soul sees travail
4) you are "justifying many"
5) you are "baring their iniquities"?
6) you soul is being poured out unto death
7) you are bearing the sins of many

I mean, any "normal" heathen Gentile could come to that conclusion according to you... right?
__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Perhaps you can add to your above list of 7 "sufferings", with this passage.
Isaiah 52:13-15
"Behold, my servant shall deal prudently, he shall be exalted and extolled, and be very high. As many were astonied at thee; his visage was so marred more than any man, and his form more than the sons of men: So shall he sprinkle many nations; the kings shall shut their mouths at him: for that which had not been told them shall they see; and that which they had not heard shall they consider."

Elia

Bs"d

I'm very curious.

Elia

"Behold, my servant shall deal prudently,"

Bs"d

Another question, maybe you can answer this one, it's a very simple one:

When Isaiah speaks about the "servant of God", is he then speaking about God Himself, or about somebody else?

"Thus says Y-H-W-H of hosts: In those days ten men from nations of every language shall take hold of a Jew, grasping his garment and saying, “Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you.”
Zech 8:23

Elia

Bs"d

I'm very curious.

Bs"d

And then only silence remained...

Elia

Bs"d

Another question, maybe you can answer this one, it's a very simple one:

When Isaiah speaks about the "servant of God", is he then speaking about God Himself, or about somebody else?

"Thus says Y-H-W-H of hosts: In those days ten men from nations of every language shall take hold of a Jew, grasping his garment and saying, “Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you.”
Zech 8:23

Bs"d

And then only silence remained...

Status
Not open for further replies.