HOW SERIOUS ARE DOCTRINAL ERRORS?

Truster

DEADLY SERIOUS.

2 PETER 2:1,2,3 KJV
But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.

And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

Last edited:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
DEADLY SERIOUS.

2 PETER 2:1,2,3 KJV
Deadly is right.

“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’ Matthew 7:21–23 (NKJV)

"Missed it by that much." ~ Maxwell Smart, Get Smart

Last edited:

Truster

Matthew 7:15 KJV

"Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves".

These false teachers come in disguise. They only appear to be sheep, but they have come to destroy. Messiah Himself has warned these will be hard to recognise. Many people who follow their doctrinal errors will think they are pleasing Elohim. They will however be rejected because they have not done His will. Instead they have actually been workers of iniquity.

"There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death."

DEADLY SERIOUS.

Proverbs 14:12 KJV

Truster

1 Timothy 4:1,2 KJV

Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the trust, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

A man does not have to be openly immoral to teach such doctrines. He would claim to trust in Elohim and the Bible and lead moral life. He would be a hypocrite and as such a deceiver: he fools people to think that he is upright and reverent when he is not. Those who trust his teaching may be honest, sincere people who have been deceived, but they may well be lost and hear those awful words...depart from Me.

DEADLY SERIOUS.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
those awful words...depart from Me.
'You think that it is possible to believe that He rose from the dead on the third day, and then to hear Him say these words to you? I don't.

And you're a goof; but I like you, and that's even knowing that you're probably going to urinate on me verbally in a moment.

Truster

'You think that it is possible to believe that He rose from the dead on the third day, and then to hear Him say these words to you? I don't.

And you're a goof; but I like you, and that's even knowing that you're probably going to urinate on me verbally in a moment.

I know for an absolute fact that I won't hear those words.

Do you really think I'm warning myself here?

I'm warning you and the likes of you who walk in impiety and take the name of Yah Shua in vain.

Truster

People that go to "Church" do so in the hope that it won't be too serious. That the guy up the front won't go talking about sin and judgement. Let him keep the talks topical rather than doctrinal.

That is what the people want and so that is what the people get.

"The time will come when men will not endure sound doctrine, but will heap to themselves teachers after their own lusts, and will turn aside from truth to fables."​

Paul charged faithful teachers to preach the truth and rebuke such errors.

DEADLY SERIOUS

Truster

1 John 4:1 KJV

"Do not believe every spirit, but put them to the test, because many false prophets have gone out into the world".

John emphasises "many" and so as there were many false prophets there will be many false teachers. The term false teacher is only used once in scripture, but there are many warnings against false teaching in which other phrases are used in describing it.

Jer 23:21 I have not sent these prophets, yet they ran: I have not spoken to them, yet they prophesied.

Jer 23:22 But if they had stood in my counsel, and had caused my people to hear my words, then they should have turned them from their evil way, and from the evil of their doings.

DEADLY SERIOUS

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
I could tell there was a screw loose, but I couldn't work out which one.

You'd think that those who trust in works would work harder at ridding themselves of irreverence, vulgare talk and impiety?

Thanks for that.
:thumb: Matt. 11:28, 29

636006807642535118982098627_workandplay.gif

Truster

2 Thessalonians 2:10-12

And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
And for this cause Elohim shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Love the truth. If you have been set free by the truth then you will love the truth. If you are indifferent to the truth then you are still in the bond of iniquity.

The most definite sign of new birth is an insatiable hunger for the word and then a desire to eat the pages of a Bible just to get it inside you.

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O Yah Veh Elohim Sabaoth. Jeremiah 15:16​

DEADLY SERIOUS

Truster

Galatians 1:6-9

I am amazed that you are so quickly deserting Him who called you by the grace of Christ, for a different gospel
which is really not another; only there are some who are disturbing you and want to distort the gospel of Christ
But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have preached to you, he is to be accursed!
As we have said before, so I say again now, if any man is preaching to you a gospel contrary to what you received, he is to be accursed!

One of the greatest dangers a man who has saved by grace faces is being drawn into the evangel mixed with keeping of the law. This is “another evangel which is not really an evangel”. Having been converted he is often subjected to the need to keep the sabbath holy and once there he’ll be expected to tithe. The poor soul will then be offered words of encouragement that he is “doing well” and pride has him snared.
There is the perfect law of liberty that Paul calls the law of trust and then there is the law that binds with rigour to obedience and threatens damnation for non-performance.
The former is a blessing in deed while the latter binds to works.

Paul uses strong language about these false preachers and says they should be accursed. He also tells the Galatians that they have deserted Messiah and gone to Moses.

The children of promise will always be brought out from this snare. They will discover at some point that he is different from these law keepers and he will begin to despise their teaching as they are in opposition to what he experienced.

DEADLY SERIOUS.

Truster

Col. 2:8
Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Messiah.

The word “spoil” in this verse does not convey the strength of the original which is better understood as “seduce”. This seduction is of the intellect and fires up pride and vanity. It is always in need of feeding and so will be fed with approving words as long as the poor soul is toeing the denomination line. These will be found in creeds, statements of faith and confessions. They must be studied and adhered to. They do contain a multitude of scripture, but are compiled by men, for men and have become traditions that replace the One True Foundation who is Messiah Yah Shua.

JW's and Mormons are adept at this. Salvation doesn't even enter the darkened mindset. Following their traditions is the most important factor. Work, work, work and more work of the flesh.
As with all other denominations and cults. Trust, peace, rest and sitting at the feet of Messiah are just words used in verses and form no part of their experience.

DEADLY SERIOUS

Truster

1 Corinthians 10:12 - Let him who thinks he stands, take heed lest he fall.

There is one, almost guaranteed, way to ensure that you become a victim of false doctrine. It is to think that it’s not dangerous and that you need not have a care about it. That you just accept everything you hear and never study to discover if there was truth in what you are told.
Another way to fall victim is to take for granted that the person speaking understands what the words he is using means, because if he doesn’t, the context in which he uses the words will be wrong and the message will be useless.

Luke 8:18 Take heed therefore how ye hear: for whosoever hath, to him shall be given; and whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken even that which he seemeth to have.​

DEADLY SERIOUS

Truster

How serious are your doctrinal errors?

How serious are your doctrinal errors?

How serious are your doctrinal errors?​

The question that needs to be asked of course is how serious are your doctrinal errors. Which may well be the errors of your denomination. If you have been brought up in a "christian home" then you are more than likely on the Broad Way that leads to destruction. You would have a religion that is not based on salvation, but on something you have done like going to church for 40 years. Giving your heart to Jesus. Going forward in a meeting. Being baptised. Being confirmed and the list goes on. All of it worthless, but you won't know that until the evil day arrives and washes away all you have built and half-heartedly rely upon.

If you have never seen your sinfulness as being vile and filthy. If you have never been broken in utter despair at face of true holiness. If these words are strangers to you. Then you are a stranger to the grace that brings salvation.

DEADLY ERROR