HOW MANY ON TOL ARE GRACE GOSPEL BELIEVERS?

journey

It was Eve and Adams job to remain loyal to their superiors in the face of the previously fallen beast on a previously fallen, populated world.

Earlier I pointed out what seems to me to be a reasonable observation and question, according to the authors of the Bible God destroyed all the wicked people on the earth, except he kept Satan????? And the earth got all wicked again real fast. So, silly me, I would have though he should have gotten rid of Satan while he was at it, after all, he did get cross with the beast and curse him to????

I have an answer, the flood never happened, these questions wouldn't arise in spoiled brat Caino and God wouldn't be portrayed in this way. We wouldn't have this conflict.

Isaiah 55:6-11 KJV Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: 7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. 8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. 9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. 10 For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: 11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Lon

You didn't get something, I wasn't saying the Pharisees wrote the gospels, I meant they were the leaders of the common Jewish believer, they were the defenders of the scripture, they were the ones who were dismissive of Jesus as a mere boy who also dare to ask questions of the church leaders. Then as an adult Jesus was dismissed by the same "experts" of the law because they thought like you think.
Again, you have Apostles writing 'about' Pharisees, not but quotes. Your assumptions comes from the UB, but I'm telling you why those few folks who wrote it typed up a bunch of pages about what they (wrongly) thought.

And here you accuse me of not thinking critically?????Who can be a critical thinker and buy the Bible as a document of perfection?????
Which came first, the UB or the scripture? The BoM or the Scriptures? Is it likely that God would allow 2000 years of what goes against Him? :nono: Again, think 'critically,' Caino. TOL gives Christians and opportunity for us to talk about Christ and our love for Him, yet again. It is 'our' website by Christian association of the owner and others who run this site. The Doctrinal Statement of TOL is Christian. Of course we are going to respond as Christians to steer you correctly and defend against assaults. Again, read the TOL Christian statement. This IS a Christian website.

dodge

This is ridiculous- acting as if Calvinists do not believe in grace and the Gospel.

It just shows you all's incompetence in theology. You will find the brightest among Protestantism hold to predestination theology- you're not even Protestant if you believe otherwise :rolleyes:

There's only one Gospel, and it's TULIP you extravagant morons :)

WOW, have I been confused ( not ) since I trusted , repented, and placed my faith in Jesus I have believed, and continue to do so, that the GOSPEL ( good news ) is that as a sinner I deserved eternal hell;however, God in His infinite love and mercy pardoned and forgave me through the imputed righteousness of Christ Jesus.

Calvinism is not the gospel it is the perversion of what Jesus and the Apostles taught.

You should spend some time studying Romans chapter 10 it is possible that Almighty God will have mercy and shine the light of His glorious Son Jesus into your heart.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
WOW, have I been confused ( not ) since I trusted , repented, and placed my faith in Jesus I have believed, and continue to do so, that the GOSPEL ( good news ) is that as a sinner I deserved eternal hell;however, God in His infinite love and mercy pardoned and forgave me through the imputed righteousness of Christ Jesus.

Calvinism is not the gospel it is the perversion of what Jesus and the Apostles taught.

You just proved that your understanding of Calvinism is entirely non-existent :rolleyes:

Calvinism gives sinners hope, while others give saints hope. Sitting there talking about imputed righteousness.. John Calvin was a co-founder of the imputed righteousness doctrine :doh:

dodge

You just proved that your understanding of Calvinism is entirely non-existent :rolleyes:

Calvinism gives sinners hope, while others give saints hope. Sitting there talking about imputed righteousness.. John Calvin was a co-founder of the imputed righteousness doctrine :doh:

Where is there hope in Calvinism except for those who have deluded themselves into believing they are elect ?

If you were of those not elected , which is contrary to what Jesus and the Apostles taught, what hope would YOU have ?

FYI, imputed righteousness is in scripture. Calvin did NOT invent nor found or co-found anything that was not already there.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
So, silly me, I would have though he should have gotten rid of Satan while he was at it, after all, he did get cross with the beast and curse him to????

Satan serves a purpose for God. He will be dealt with when the time comes. God is not in a rush to judgment.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Where is there hope in Calvinism except for those who have deluded themselves into believing they are elect ?

Faith is a primary indication of being of the elect. You act like it's a randomly generated machine that's prone to saving Hitler and condemning St. Nicholas o something.

You obviously just don't have a mind for comprehending predestination, judging by your argumentation.

FYI, imputed righteousness is in scripture. Calvin did NOT invent nor found or co-found anything that was not already there.

Christianity had no concept of 'Imputed Righteousness' before the Protestant Reformation. What was held was called a doctrine of 'Infusion'.

So you can sit there and hide behind what you just said, but it doesn't change the fact that Calvin was a co-founder of the doctrine.
Deal with it, and brush up your perception before foolishly attacking historical people whose knowledge and theological ability is frankly superior to yours and most of you anti-Calvinists altogether.

dodge

Faith is a primary indication of being of the elect. You act like it's a randomly generated machine that's prone to saving Hitler and condemning St. Nicholas o something.

You obviously just don't have a mind for comprehending predestination, judging by your argumentation.

Christianity had no concept of 'Imputed Righteousness' before the Protestant Reformation. What was held was called a doctrine of 'Infusion'.

So you can sit there and hide behind what you just said, but it doesn't change the fact that Calvin was a co-founder of the doctrine.
Deal with it, and brush up your perception before foolishly attacking historical people whose knowledge and theological ability is frankly superior to yours and most of you anti-Calvinists altogether.

In the end NO ONE can hide behind IGNORING scripture and creating their own little corner of doctrine as Calvinists have done.

Again I suggest you read and study Romans chapter 10 could be that God in His infinite mercy and compassion will shine the glorious light of Jesus into your heart without the garbage of what other men thought , believed, or taught.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
In the end NO ONE can hide behind IGNORING scripture and creating their own little corner of doctrine as Calvinists have done.

Again I suggest you read and study Romans chapter 10 could be that God in His infinite mercy and compassion will shine the glorious light of Jesus into your heart without the garbage of what other men thought , believed, or taught.

Reformed doctrine is laced throughout the entirety of scripture, you simply choose to cherry pick. If anything, it's you who ignores scripture.

You ultimately believe that everyone is the elect. That is where your ideology fails, as there is a distinction made in simply utilizing the word 'elect'. Taking pieces of scripture to mean something other than what they mean results in bad theology- collapsing the Bible in on itself is pretty much how you all tackle Calvinism.

A fundamental fact is shown all through scripture:

Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Isaiah 45:9
Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands?

Romans 8:29
For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Numbers 23:19
God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

See the message there, entwined throughout? You dismiss it with your cherry picking.

dodge

Reformed doctrine is laced throughout the entirety of scripture, you simply choose to cherry pick. If anything, it's you who ignores scripture.

You ultimately believe that everyone is the elect. That is where your ideology fails, as there is a distinction made in simply utilizing the word 'elect'. Taking pieces of scripture to mean something other than what they mean results in bad theology- collapsing the Bible in on itself is pretty much how you all tackle Calvinism.

A fundamental fact is shown all through scripture:

Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Isaiah 45:9
Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands?

Romans 8:29
For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Numbers 23:19
God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?[/I]

See the message there, entwined throughout? You dismiss it with your cherry picking.

Which ALL ignores what Jesus and the Apostles taught !

Jesus taught that whosoever believes in Him would not perish but have eternal life. Then along comes those who do not like what He taught and changes it to whosoever is elected.

The jailer when asked what must I do to be saved was told by the Apostle to confess with his mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in his heart that God raised him him the dead. Then along comes Calvinism and says NO you have to have been elected and you have no part it is all done by God, which of course contradicts what Jesus and the Apostles taught,

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Jesus taught that whosoever believes in Him would not perish but have eternal life. Then along comes those who do not like what He taught and changes it to whosoever is elected.

:doh:
The believers are the predestined elect

You know what, this conversation is pointless. Bye :wave2:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Believing is what YOU do NOT what God did for you.

You have no control over what you believe. It is one of the great intellectual sins of many Christians today in thinking they chose faith in God.

It was God's providence that brought you to faith.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
God rolls up on you like a scroll- Moses is a perfect example. God chose him- otherwise he would have remained an Egyptian pagan.

People think this is somehow different because we have a mass produced canon.

dodge

You have no control over what you believe. It is one of the great intellectual sins of many Christians today in thinking they chose faith in God.

It's not even true of everyday, worldly things that you choose what you believe of it all.

It was God's providence that brought you to faith.

You just said scripture is a lie. Scripture says that faith comes by hearing God's word.

Scripture also says that God stretched out his hand to a stiff necked people that would not listen to Him. God made an effort and they chose to NOT listen to God.

You have control over what you believe and accept as truth or what you reject as lies and that is why scripture says to beware of false teachers , otherwise what difference would false teachers make ?