How is it that the evolutionists . . .

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You need to learn how to reconcile faith with fact. It can easily be done, but you have to actually understand the science
To be fair, you haven't said one thing that is accessible to science.

What you're doing Stripe is assuming that there is something evil about time before day 1 of creating/forming the earth.
Nope.

However, you are making things up and calling them scripture.

But we can't. If you've been reading the material here on 'formless and void', on other ancient near east cosmology, on 2 Pet 3, you'll know that there is a lot suggested going on before the forming of earth/our solar system.

I notice you completely ignored my question; along with those from others.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
ie God did not do the 6 days through evolution but there may have been some way before that.

:AMR: So you think a whole lot of animals evolved, then were wiped out before God created the forebears of what we see today.

That's just plain useless; a nonsense, untestable, non-scientific idea.

Interplanner

Really? I thought some of the major questions are:
what happened to the dinosaurs?
why is the animal world as we know it now relatively domesticated?
why do we get huge time readings geologically and astrophysically?

Useless?

Interplanner

Nope.

However, you are making things up and calling them scripture.

I notice you completely ignored my question; along with those from others.

No matter what Hebrew verb was used about creation, Peter makes a distinction, with a point: that God can be patient about judgement and 'formless and void' is the result of an act of judgement (Jer 4:23). So Peter says the heavens existed long ago, but the earth was more recently formed.

Kdall

BANNED
Banned
Really? I thought some of the major questions are:
what happened to the dinosaurs?
why is the animal world as we know it now relatively domesticated?
why do we get huge time readings geologically and astrophysically?

Useless?

Perhaps you are new and unaware of Stripe's utter incompetence in terms of science. I wouldn't try to engage him too deeply. He'll just keep repeating the same nonsensical mantra over and over again, like "Evolutionists hate reading," or something. He is not interested in facts. Only in his narrow worldview

Kdall

BANNED
Banned

Would you like to actually engage in a scientific debate without being childish and producing mindless drivel? If so, I'd love to rehash some old points that you have refused to address competently for about 6 months now.

If you're ready to quit being TOL's pet troll and take a seat at the big kids' table, please do

Interplanner

It is unfortunate that Gen 1 has been sealed off from or protected from the rest of data. It has very significant place from what I can tell. But I am going on how Peter uses it.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Would you like to actually engage in a scientific debate without being childish and producing mindless drivel? If so, I'd love to rehash some old points that you have refused to address competently for about 6 months now. If you're ready to quit being TOL's pet troll and take a seat at the big kids' table, please do

:darwinsm:

6days

Interplanner said:
And you don't accept what 2 Pet 3 is saying. Why is that? Why would you have it better (reading English translations) than Peter did? He pit 'ekpalai' vs 'sunestosa' for a reason.

2 Peter 3:*5*But they deliberately forget that long ago (Ekpali) by God’s word)" *the heavens came into being and the earth was formed out of water and by water.*"

Compare... same word.
2 Peter 2:3 "In their greed they will make up clever lies to get hold of your money. But God condemned them long ago(Ekpali), and their destruction will not be delayed."

Interplanner...You are following teachings of a false disciple, Hugh Ross. He distorts, twists and compromises on God's Word. *He does not use proper hermeneutics / exegetical interpretation of Scripture. Instead he starts with the idea that the earth is old, and then he tries to insert that idea into Scripture. ... For example there is absolutely nothing in 2 Peter 3:5 that suggests the earth is older than when God created in the first chapter of Genesis.

If we use an exegetical approach (scripture to help interpret scripture) to that verse.... we can find the same Greek words for 'long ago' in 2 Peter 2:3. It became clear the word is not referring to some time preceding creation. The verse is talking about false prophets. (Hmmmmmmm. ...)

Also... let's look at the Greek word you are hanging your hat on...Ekpali. The prefix of the word 'ek' means "out of" or "from". And, 'pali' means "old". *How old is old ('pali') in scripture? You can find the word 6 times in the NT, and it's usually associated with human activity....never once a time before Genesis 1.*

Interplanner

It has to do with a distant period, relatively. If the subject in the distant period is the heavens, not a false prophet, then its way back, got it? Context is everything, not the mechanical 'it's this 5 random times in the NT' routine.

Don't play amateur Greek handler with me.

I'm sorry you find that a person (Ross) who strives to integrate all data into one statement as a 'false believer.' He does so because of Dr. Schaeffer's NO FINAL CONFLICT. I don't know where he has dealt with 'formless and void' properly, so I don't get that part about him. Ie, I don't think he knows the literary side as well as he should.

Interplanner

Or are you now trying to say that the heavens also were formed out of water? It's not the sense of the verbs, which are meant to contrast.

Remember Peter's intention. Something seems like it should have taken place, but it actually happened much later on than thought. Apply that to both situations he is speaking of.

6days

Interplanner said:
6days said:
2 Peter 3:5 "But they deliberately forget that long ago (Ekpali) by God’s word)" *the heavens came into being and the earth was formed out of water and by water."

Compare... same word.

2 Peter 2:3 "In their greed they will make up clever lies to get hold of your money. But God condemned them long ago(Ekpali), and their destruction will not be delayed."

Interplanner...You are following teachings of a false disciple, Hugh Ross. He distorts, twists and compromises on God's Word. He does not use proper hermeneutics / exegetical interpretation of Scripture. Instead he starts with the idea that the earth is old, and then he tries to insert that idea into Scripture. ... For example there is absolutely nothing in 2 Peter 3:5 that suggests the earth is older than when God created in the first chapter of Genesis.

If we use an exegetical approach (scripture to help interpret scripture) to that verse.... we can find the same Greek words for 'long ago' in 2 Peter 2:3. It became clear the word is not referring to some time preceding creation. The verse is talking about false prophets. (Hmmmmmmm. ...)

Also... let's look at the Greek word you are hanging your hat on...Ekpali. The prefix of the word 'ek' means "out of" or "from". And, 'pali' means "old". How old is old ('pali') in scripture? You can find the word 6 times in the NT, and it's usually associated with human activity....never once, a time before Genesis 1.

It has to do with a distant period, relatively. If the subject in the distant period is the heavens, not a false prophet, then its way back, got it?
Oh? :)... So ekpali means millions of years and not thousands?
Your arguments are becoming sillier and more illogical.

Yes... God created the heavens and the earth in the distant past. Genesis 1 describes it. Ex. 20:11 summarizes it "For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them"

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Here's some history to counteract the fables....

http://www.westarinstitute.org/blog/darwin-and-his-wife-discuss-
religion/

I hope it's not too disruptive. I would not be surprised if I get banned again by anyone insecure in their Christianity.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It is truly sad that an exclusive focus on Jesus and a moral Christian life is so disruptive and alarming for TheologyOnline.

Shame on TOL for banning voices they don't agree with! The mark of any tyranny is the inability to deal with diversity. It is only the dictatorial, authoritarian who look at any challenge to their autocratic rules as dangerous and in need of annihilation.

The victimization, the anger covering up shame and the immaturity of most folks on this website is truly astonishing to me.

Nevertheless, I will continue to stress the authentic parabolic teachings of Jesus as well as connecting myself and the world to the great moral epic of the Hebrew Bible and the New Testament.

6days

religion/

I hope it's not too disruptive. I would not be surprised if I get banned again by anyone insecure in their Christianity
Why would you get banned? It good to discuss such things...but how is it related to the topic? You might want to start a new thread about Darwin? ( I would argue that he had a poor grasp of theology... never confessed Christ as his savior... and became more of a racist as he aged). ...:) There now both of us are off topic.

Kdall

BANNED
Banned

religion/

I hope it's not too disruptive. I would not be surprised if I get banned again by anyone insecure in their Christianity.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It is truly sad that an exclusive focus on Jesus and a moral Christian life is so disruptive and alarming for TheologyOnline.

Shame on TOL for banning voices they don't agree with! The mark of any tyranny is the inability to deal with diversity. It is only the dictatorial, authoritarian who look at any challenge to their autocratic rules as dangerous and in need of annihilation.

The victimization, the anger covering up shame and the immaturity of most folks on this website is truly astonishing to me.

Nevertheless, I will continue to stress the authentic parabolic teachings of Jesus as well as connecting myself and the world to the great moral epic of the Hebrew Bible and the New Testament.

Good post

Kdall

BANNED
Banned
Why would you get banned? It good to discuss such things...but how is it related to the topic? You might want to start a new thread about Darwin? ( I would argue that he had a poor grasp of theology... never confessed Christ as his savior... and became more of a racist as he aged). ...:) There now both of us are off topic.

Darwin had a poor grasp of theology? Tell me, did you go to seminary school to be a clergyman as he did? Did you study theology at the collegiate level? Doubtful