ECT HOW DOES THE SPIRIT EMPOWER US ??

andyc

Hi and if you believe in Repentance , EXPLAIN 1 Cor 2:14 ??

The unbeliever believes the gospel.
Now Israel knew about Repentance and Water Baptism as preached by John in Matt 3:8 and they had to PROVE they had FRUIT to prove their Repentance , see Acts 19:4 !!

Acts 26:20 proves that works are required for Repentance !!:hammer::hammer:

dan p

Like Eph 2:10 For the gentiles?
Good works are the fruit of repentance, they do not lead to repentance. You cannot do good until you have a change of heart to desire to good.
you need to ask yourself if you simply don't want to do anything for God at all.

DAN P

Good works are the fruit of repentance, they do not lead to repentance. You cannot do good until you have a change of heart to desire to good.
you need to ask yourself if you simply don't want to do anything for God at all.

Hi , and 1 Cor 2:14 says differently as the un-believer is an enemy of God !!

So , what has to happen before anyone can be saved today as you say " believe ".

Don;t know ??:madmad::madmad:

dan p

Last edited:

DAN P

Hi and I know you believe it , show a verse for the above ??:madmad::madmad:

dan p

Last edited:

oatmeal

There are nine ways to manifest that holy spirit power.

But most seem content to remain ignorant of that power and how to use it.

I Corinthians 12:1 KJV

Now concerning spiritual, brethren, I would not have you ignorant.

God has given to every believer the ability, that gift of holy spirit, which is manifested in nine profitable ways

I Corinthians 12:7-11

But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

God energizes those manifestations according to the willingness of the man to will to manifest

Scripture solves problems

DAN P

dan p

So , what does Eph 2:10 means and where is there repentance in that verse OR just say what Repentance means with a verse ??

dan p

andyc

Hi , and 1 Cor 2:14 says differently as the un-believer is an enemy of God !!

So , what has to happen before anyone can be saved ot as you say " believe ".

Don;t know ??:madmad::madmad:

dan p

The natural man is talking about the natural mind governed by carnal reasoning, as opposed to those who are spiritual, not the unbelieving person. Why do you constantly insist on plucking verses out of the air without thinking about what you're saying?
Paul went on to explain that he didn't consider the Corinthians (saved people) to be spiritual, but carnal.

dan p

Acts 26:17-18
‘I will deliver you from the Jewish people, as well as from the Gentiles, to whom I now send you, ‘to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.’

Notice the turning from darkness to light in order to receive forgiveness of sins?

This turning is repentance.

Jesus said, people do not come to the light because their deeds are evil. And so if people come from darkness to light, it's because they are repenting of these evil deeds.

2 Corinthians 7:10 For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death.

Repentance leads to salvation.

2 Timothy 2:25 in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth

Acts 26:20 "but declared first to those in Damascus and in Jerusalem, and throughout all the region of Judea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent, turn to God, and do works befitting repentance.

Acts 20:21 "testifying to Jews, and also to Greeks, repentance toward God and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

Acts 11:18 When they heard these things they became silent; and they glorified God, saying, "Then God has also granted to the Gentiles repentance to life."

DAN P

The natural man is talking about the natural mind governed by carnal reasoning, as opposed to those who are spiritual, not the unbelieving person. Why do you constantly insist on plucking verses out of the air without thinking about what you're saying?
Paul went on to explain that he didn't consider the Corinthians (saved people) to be spiritual, but carnal.

Acts 26:17-18
‘I will deliver you from the Jewish people, as well as from the Gentiles, to whom I now send you, ‘to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.’

Notice the turning from darkness to light in order to receive forgiveness of sins?

This turning is repentance.

Jesus said, people do not come to the light because their deeds are evil. And so if people come from darkness to light, it's because they are repenting of these evil deeds.

[COLOR="blue"
Repentance leads to salvation.

[COLOR="blue"]2 Timothy 2:25 in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth[/COLOR]
]

Hi , and where is there salvation in 2 Tim 2:15 ?/

The Holy Spirit wants all to Repent /Change of Mind , as the the ACCURATE Knowledge of the TRUTH , and speaks to the Dispensation of the MYSTERY !!:rotfl::rotfl:

Pentecostals all seem to have a HARD time in understanding English !!

DAN P

andyc

Hi , and where is there salvation in 2 Tim 2:15 ?/

The Holy Spirit wants all to Repent /Change of Mind , as the the ACCURATE Knowledge of the TRUTH , and speaks to the Dispensation of the MYSTERY !!:rotfl::rotfl:

Pentecostals all seem to have a HARD time in understanding English !!

DAN P

Knowledge alone saves no one.

DAN P

Knowledge alone saves no one.

Hi , and caught again , WITH NO REBUT ??

You are like ESAU , when he Cried and Cried when he gave up his Birth-right , and when he Repented , it was Irreversible !!

METONOIA /REPENTANCE is a transliteration and can also be translated by ;

#1 , Repenrance

#2 , Change

#3 , Change the Mind

#4 , The seat of Reflection

#5, To Preceive

G3341

dan p

andyc

Hi , and caught again , WITH NO REBUT ??

You are like ESAU , when he Cried and Cried when he gave up his Birth-right , and when he Repented , it was Irreversible !!

METONOIA /REPENTANCE is a transliteration and can also be translated by ;

#1 , Repenrance

#2 , Change

#3 , Change the Mind

#4 , The seat of Reflection

#5, To Preceive

G3341

dan p

Acts 26:20 "but declared first to those in Damascus and in Jerusalem, and throughout all the region of Judea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent, turn to God, and do works befitting repentance.

What are works fitting of repentance?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.

The hell here is the grave.

God is wherever David was. He meant that He could not escape God. not that he wanted to though.

2Ki 13:21 And it came to pass, as they were burying a man, that, behold, they spied a band of men; and they cast the man into the sepulchre of Elisha: and when the man was let down, and touched the bones of Elisha, he revived, and stood up on his feet.

LA

DAN P

What are works fitting of repentance?

Hi and if one rose from the DEAD and explained Dispensationalism , would you believe

I doubt it !!:rotfl::rotfl:

The OT is full of bad Fruit !!

Luke 13:6-9 is why Israel was set aside !!

dan p

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi and if one rose from the DEAD and explained Dispensationalism , would you believe

dan p

Only the unbelievers were cut off Israel and none were set aside.

The believers were scattered among the nations with the gospel. (and these are the all Israel which will be gathered)

Rom 11:1 I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.
Rom 11:2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying,
Rom 11:3 Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life.
Rom 11:4 But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.
Rom 11:5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace. Rom 11:6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.
Rom 11:7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded
Rom 11:8 (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear;) unto this day.
Rom 11:9 And David saith, Let their table be made a snare, and a trap, and a stumblingblock, and a recompence unto them:
Rom 11:10 Let their eyes be darkened, that they may not see, and bow down their back alway.

Last edited:

andyc

dan p

If one rose from the dead, or even if an angel preached your your Bullinger gnostic gospel, I would reject it flat out. Like I do with you.

DAN P

If one rose from the dead, or even if an angel preached your your Bullinger gnostic gospel, I would reject it flat out. Like I do with you.

Hi , and what does Bullinger believe as you are the one who brought it up ?

You will pass on explaining Bullinger as you can not explain Pentecostalism , don't you see !!:chuckle::chuckle:

What part of Bullinger do you want to debate ??

dan p