How Calvinism makes a sham out of Christianity

Robert Pate

Banned
I don't think that Calvinist have really thought through their doctrine of predestination. If God has predestinated some certain people to eternal life and damned the rest to hell, then what implications does this have upon historical Christianity?

Calvinist try to mix Calvinism with Christianity, it just doesn't mix.

FAITH: Christianity is a faith entity. Paul wrote, "The Just shall live by faith" Romans 1:17. There is no need for faith in Calvinism. The only faith that the Calvinist has is faith that he has been predestinated. If God chose who would be saved and who would be lost before the foundation of the world, How would faith change that?

THE BIBLE: Christians believe that the Bible is the word of God. Unfortunately Calvinist don't see it that way. This is why the Calvinist sees nothing wrong with changing words or scriptures that will support their doctrine of predestination. After all, if God predestinated some to be saved and some to be lost before the foundation of the world, How would a book change that?

THE INCARNATION: The incarnation is the heart of the Christian faith. God became a man. Jesus came into the world to do for us that which we cannot do for ourselves, by the doing and the dying of Jesus we have been saved and justified, Romans 3:26. According to the Calvinist this was a waste of time. Nothing comes ahead of the fact that he was predestinated to be saved before the foundation of the world. Why would the incarnation have anything to do with that?

THE GOSPEL: For the Christian the Gospel is the means by which God justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and has reconciled us and the world unto himself by Jesus Christ, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. It is the heart of Christianity. There is no greater message on the earth than the "Historical Gospel" of Jesus Christ. The message that God was in Christ reconciling us and the world unto himself is the Gospel. Calvinist do not believe this Gospel, nor do they believe that Jesus is the savior of the world. Why would the Gospel be important? They have been predestinated.

Calvinism is no more Christian than I am Buddhist monk. Its purpose is to make a sham out of Christianity.

beloved57

I don't think that Calvinist have really thought through their doctrine of predestination. If God has predestinated some certain people to eternal life and damned the rest to hell, then what implications does this have upon historical Christianity?

Calvinist try to mix Calvinism with Christianity, it just doesn't mix.

FAITH: Christianity is a faith entity. Paul wrote, "The Just shall live by faith" Romans 1:17. There is no need for faith in Calvinism. The only faith that the Calvinist has is faith that he has been predestinated. If God chose who would be saved and who would be lost before the foundation of the world, How would faith change that?

THE BIBLE: Christians believe that the Bible is the word of God. Unfortunately Calvinist don't see it that way. This is why the Calvinist sees nothing wrong with changing words or scriptures that will support their doctrine of predestination. After all, if God predestinated some to be saved and some to be lost before the foundation of the world, How would a book change that?

THE INCARNATION: The incarnation is the heart of the Christian faith. God became a man. Jesus came into the world to do for us that which we cannot do for ourselves, by the doing and the dying of Jesus we have been saved and justified, Romans 3:26. According to the Calvinist this was a waste of time. Nothing comes ahead of the fact that he was predestinated to be saved before the foundation of the world. Why would the incarnation have anything to do with that?

THE GOSPEL: For the Christian the Gospel is the means by which God justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and has reconciled us and the world unto himself by Jesus Christ, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. It is the heart of Christianity. There is no greater message on the earth than the "Historical Gospel" of Jesus Christ. The message that God was in Christ reconciling us and the world unto himself is the Gospel. Calvinist do not believe this Gospel, nor do they believe that Jesus is the savior of the world. Why would the Gospel be important? They have been predestinated.

Calvinism is no more Christian than I am Buddhist monk. Its purpose is to make a sham out of Christianity.

You dont even believe the Blood of Christ saved them it was shed for ! Thats unbelief !

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Small stuff? 2 Timothy 4:2.

"For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears and they shall turn away their ears from the truth and shall be turned unto fables." (2 Timothy 4:3)

Do you think Paul might have been right?

Calvinism is just one of the many fables espoused on TOL.

glorydaz

You dont even believe the Blood of Christ saved them it was shed for ! Thats unbelief !

You must believe God was just leading Cain on. Why would God do that? Just so He could gloat over His power?

Gen. 4:6 And the Lord said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen? 7 If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted?

beloved57

You must believe God was just leading Cain on. Why would God do that? Just so He could gloat over His power?

Gen. 4:6 And the Lord said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen? 7 If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted?

Im not your flunky go study for your self !

glorydaz

How does it feel knowing you are in unbelief?

You're the one who can't answer my question.

I've answered yours many times....it's always the same one statement.

That's okay. I knew you would have no answer to what God told Cain.

beloved57

You're the one who can't answer my question.

I've answered yours many times....it's always the same one statement.

That's okay. I knew you would have no answer to what God told Cain.

There's no faith in Christ when u believe sinners He died for are still lost!

beloved57

You are like a fool waiting for the train to arrive. When it arrives you just stand there staring at it, but never get on it.

Explain to me how you have Faith in Christs Blood Rom 3:25

[FONT=&quot]Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through [/FONT]faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

​When you dont believe His Blood saved them it was shed for ?

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
The Apostle Paul says precisely, what the only thing is that would make a sham out of Christianity, in 1st Corinthians 15:14 (KJV).

Robert Pate

Banned
The Apostle Paul says precisely, what the only thing is that would make a sham out of Christianity, in 1st Corinthians 15:14 (KJV).

Calvinist are not interest in the resurrection of Christ, why should they be? They have been predestinated.

Robert Pate

Banned
Explain to me how you have Faith in Christs Blood Rom 3:25

[FONT="]Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through [/FONT]faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

​When you dont believe His Blood saved them it was shed for ?

The train has left and you didn't get on it. You just stood there like a blind fool and watched it leave.