Heretical?

Rosenritter

Theology: God created man on day 6 from the dust off the Earth.

Science: Life does not arise from non-life.

You might want to get to grips with simple facts before weighing in. :up:

Sent from my SM-G9250 using TheologyOnline mobile app

So when Evolution says that life arose from non-life, and Christianity says that the first life came from the Ultimate Life Himself, that would make Creationism in the realm of science and Evolution as Anti-Science.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So when Evolution says that life arose from non-life, and Christianity says that the first life came from the Ultimate Life Himself, that would make Creationism in the realm of science and Evolution as Anti-Science.

:thumb:

Exactly.

6days

Rather, it is the one original historic Church founded by Jesus Christ in 33 A.D. As the one historic Church of Jesus Christ, it simply cannot be rightly termed a "denomination".....
What would you call the Catholic church then... an organization?...an enterprise?
Jesus said "And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it". The church of Jesus is His bride...the body of believers, and has nothing to do with the name on a building.
If Jesus meant that Peter was going to be the head of a 'church', then its too bad neither Peter nor the apostles understood that.
...the (Catholic) Church does indeed possess "all truth" just as Jesus himself promised she would (Jn. 14:26; 16:13). This promise was given to no other self-proclaimed "church," denomination, or sect. It belongs solely to Christ's one historic Catholic Church.
Cruciform.... As said previously in this thread; you seem to have no understanding of what science is, and a poor, or perverted understanding of scripture. Your "preferred theological interpretations' do not align with scripture.

Lets look at the 2 verses you mention and see if it says the Catholic church possess' "all truth".
John 16:13 Douay Rheims "But when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will teach you all truth. For he shall not speak of himself; but what things soever he shall hear, he shall speak; and the things that are to come, he shall shew you."
John 14:26 Douay Rheims "But the Paraclete, the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things, and bring all things to your mind, whatsoever I shall have said to you."

Hmmmmm..... So the Holy Spirit will teach us all things, and teach all truth. Those verses say nothing about truth belonging to the Catholic church. But, we do see evidence of people within the Catholic church who are part of Christ's church (and lead by the Holy Spirit). We also see evidence of the Catholic church itself, ignoring truth and pushing false secular and sometimes heretical beliefs.

Last edited:

Rosenritter

What would you call the Catholic church then... an organization?...an enterprise?
Jesus said "And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it". The church of Jesus is His bride...the body of believers, and has nothing to do with the name on a building.
If Jesus meant that Peter was going to be the head of a 'church', then its too bad neither Peter nor the apostles understood that.
Cruciform.... As said previously in this thread; you seem to have no understanding of what science is, and a poor, or perverted understanding of scripture. Your "preferred theological interpretations' do not align with scripture.

Lets look at the 2 verses you mention and see if it says the Catholic church possess' "all truth".
John 16:13 Douay Rheims "But when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will teach you all truth. For he shall not speak of himself; but what things soever he shall hear, he shall speak; and the things that are to come, he shall shew you."
John 14:26 Douay Rheims "But the Paraclete, the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things, and bring all things to your mind, whatsoever I shall have said to you."

Hmmmmm..... So the Holy Spirit will teach us all things, and teach all truth. Those verses say nothing about truth belonging to the Catholic church. But, we do see evidence of people within the Catholic church who are part of Christ's church (and lead by the Holy Spirit). We also see evidence of the Catholic church itself, ignoring truth and pushing false secular and sometimes heretical beliefs.

Peter's name may mean "stone" (petros) but Jesus was the Rock (petra). The gates of hell do prevail against Christ's church, that's why we have had so many martyrs. Rather it was the Rock that the gates of hell would not prevail against, that Rock that has the keys of death and hell, who was dead and now is alive for ever more, whose voice shall call the dead from their graves.

Matthew 16:18 KJV
(18) And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Matthew 16:18 GNT-TR
(18) καγω δε σοι λεγω οτι συ ει πετρος και επι ταυτη τη πετρα οικοδομησω μου την εκκλησιαν και πυλαι αδου ου κατισχυσουσιν αυτης

1 Corinthians 10:4 KJV
(4) And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

1 Corinthians 10:4 GNT-TR
(4) και παντες το αυτο πομα πνευματικον επιον επινον γαρ εκ πνευματικης ακολουθουσης πετρας η δε πετρα ην ο χριστος

Peter was not the Rock, Peter himself said that Christ was the Rock. The true church is built upon Jesus Christ, not a man, but a God, and not just any god, but our God.