Hear Israel. Yahveh our God, Yahveh is one.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
So if you don't believe that Jesus is also God (in human form), then who do you believe is the Father of Jesus and why do you believe in a virgin birth?

I believe that God is the Father of Jesus. God is our Father. Jesus is the only begotten Son of God. I believe that the gospel accounts speak of a virgin birth. That Joseph and Mary were Jesus' parents, but that Mary had a virgin birth. Is this saying that Joseph was Jesus' earthly father? The terms get mixed up in this. It is my belief that Joseph had likely died before Jesus did. I do not know this of a certainty.

Shalom.

Jacob

flintstoned

I believe that God is the Father of Jesus. God is our Father. Jesus is the only begotten Son of God. I believe that the gospel accounts speak of a virgin birth. That Joseph and Mary were Jesus' parents, but that Mary had a virgin birth. Is this saying that Joseph was Jesus' earthly father? The terms get mixed up in this. It is my belief that Joseph had likely died before Jesus did. I do not know this of a certainty.

Shalom.

Jacob

I'm not sure I'm clear on your answer. You say that God is the Father of all of us, however we are all born via the sperm and egg from a human mother and father. Since you don't believe Jesus is God (but rather, fully human), then who is the human father of Jesus in your belief system? And why/how would a birth resulting from normal human reproduction be a "virgin" birth? And what is your definition of "only begotten son"?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I'm not sure I'm clear on your answer. You say that God is the Father of all of us, however we are all born via the sperm and egg from a human mother and father. Since you don't believe Jesus is God (but rather, fully human), then who is the human father of Jesus in your belief system? And why/how would a birth resulting from normal human reproduction be a "virgin" birth? And what is your definition of "only begotten son"?

I do not know what you mean by fully human. Jesus' father and mother were Joseph and Mary. But Jesus is the only begotten Son of God. I do not see this as normal human reproduction. But, have you read the gospel accounts?

Shalom.

Jacob

flintstoned

I do not know what you mean by fully human. Jesus' father and mother were Joseph and Mary. But Jesus is the only begotten Son of God. I do not see this as normal human reproduction. But, have you read the gospel accounts?

Shalom.

Jacob

You aren't aware that most Christians believe Jesus to be fully God and fully human? That he was born as a result of Mary being impregnated by the Holy Spirit and not by Joseph? We don't consider Joseph to be the Father of Jesus. If you are saying that Mary and Joseph are Jesus's mother and father, then why would a virgin birth be required? They would produce a human child through the same means as the rest of us. However since Jesus was a product of Mary and the Holy Spirit (NOT Joseph), THAT is why it is considered a virgin birth (no human father) and why Jesus is considered to be fully God and fully human.

Matthew 1

18Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost. 19Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her a publick example, was minded to put her away privily. 20But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

flintstoned

Shalom.

Jacob

And you still haven't answered the question regarding what your interpretation is of Jesus being the only begotten son of God. How so? What does this mean to you and how exactly was he begotten of God?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You aren't aware that most Christians believe Jesus to be fully God and fully human? That he was born as a result of Mary being impregnated by the Holy Spirit and not by Joseph? We don't consider Joseph to be the Father of Jesus. If you are saying that Mary and Joseph are Jesus's mother and father, then why would a virgin birth be required? They would produce a human child through the same means as the rest of us. However since Jesus was a product of Mary and the Holy Spirit (NOT Joseph), THAT is why it is considered a virgin birth (no human father) and why Jesus is considered to be fully God and fully human.

Matthew 1

18Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost. 19Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her a publick example, was minded to put her away privily. 20But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

Shalom.

I was a Christian though not a Catholic. I am a Jew, Jewish, of Israel. I am a proselyte to Israel and Judaism. I do not know why you use the word impregnated. There is more that you can read. Yes, Joseph and Mary are Jesus' father and mother. But Jesus is the only begotten Son of God. His birth was a virgin birth. He was born to the Virgin Mary. In what way was Jesus begotten? What is the difference between the Father and the Holy Spirit?

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
And you still haven't answered the question regarding what your interpretation is of Jesus being the only begotten son of God. How so? What does this mean to you and how exactly was he begotten of God?

Great question.

Why do you say begotten of God?

How is Jesus the only begotten Son of God? What does only begotten mean?

I know that these words are found in the Bible. In the English. From the Greek.

It means that Jesus is the Son of God, begotten of the Father. It means that God had a Son, Jesus.

Shalom.

Jacob