Have You Fallen From Grace?

marhig

He says that you will never perish. How can that be if you can walk away?
How can you expect God to be there for you, if you turn away from him and live by your own will and deny him?

The prodigal son had to turn back again and go to his father.

We can't live our own lives and please God. And it shows us clearly in 2 Peter 2 that we can turn away

There is also this

Romans 11

And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;*18Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.*19Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.*20Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:*21 For if God spared not the natural branches,*take heed*lest he also spare not thee.*22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in*his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.*

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
How can you expect God to be there for you, if you turn away from him and live by your own will and deny him?

Then you are your own god. :banana: He's not your savior (1 Jn 2:4).

For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame (Heb 6:4–6).

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

The prodigal son had to turn back again and go to his father.

We can't live our own lives and please God. And it shows us clearly in 2 Peter 2 that we can turn away

There is also this

Romans 11

And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;*18Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.*19Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.*20Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:*21 For if God spared not the natural branches,*take heed*lest he also spare not thee.*22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in*his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.*

So your God will turn away from you. How sad.

marhig

marhig

Then you are your own god. :banana: He's not your savior (1 Jn 2:4).

For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame (Heb 6:4–6).

You're reading that wrong

It means that it is impossible if after tasting the heavenly gift, being partakers of the holy spirit, and then fall away for them to be renewed again to repentance, seeing as they are crucifying the son on God again and putting him to an open shame

Here's from verse 7

For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God:8 But that which beareth thorns and briers*is*rejected, and*is*nigh unto cursing; whose end*is*to be burned

marhig

Do you reject the trinity? Is. 40:13; Is. 48:16
Those verses don't say that I have to believe in the trinity to belong to God or to be saved

So what verses do say that God requires us to believe in the trinity or that if I don't believe in the trinity I'm not going to be saved?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame (Heb 6:4–6).] You're reading that wrong...
:yawn: Proof please (Eph 4:14). :peach:

marhig

:yawn: Proof please (Eph 4:14). :peach:
And those doctrines are those that teach that we can wilfully still sin and live our lives to please ourselves be saved and nothing we do can turn us away from God. These are deceitful and false teachings. If we love our flesh and this world before God we are not worthy of him and Christ. If we carry on wilfully sinning we die. And we can be in danger of Jesus saying depart from me you workers of iniquity for I never knew you.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Marhig, The Trinity is the nature of who God is. It is taught in the Bible.

Matthew 28:19 King James Version (KJV)

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

marhig

Will He take away His seal of promise?
We are sealed as long as we do Gods will and obey him. If we turn away, then we are listening to Satan and if we wilfully sin we are obeying Satan and not God. And then we are putting Satan and our flesh before God.

James 1

But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We are sealed as long as we do Gods will and obey him. If we turn away, then we are listening to Satan and if we wilfully sin we are obeying Satan and not God. And then we are putting Satan and our flesh before God.

James 1

But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death

Quote where God takes away His seal.

marhig

Marhig, The Trinity is the nature of who God is. It is taught in the Bible.

Matthew 28:19 King James Version (KJV)

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

I believe in the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost, but I have never seen in the Bible that I have to believe that they are a triune God and I have never read that this is a requirement for salvation.

I believe Jesus and he believes that the father is the only true God and he also said that God is also his God and father.

John 17

And this is life eternal, that they might know THEE THE ONLY TRUE GOD, and Jesus Christ, whom THOU hast sent.

John 20

Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I believe in the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost, but I have never seen in the Bible that I have to believe that they are a triune God and I have never read that this is a requirement for salvation.

I believe Jesus and he believes that the father is the only true God and he also said that God is also his God and father.

John 17

And this is life eternal, that they might know THEE THE ONLY TRUE GOD, and Jesus Christ, whom THOU hast sent.

John 20

Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

What was it that the Jews were always looking to kill Jesus?

John 5:17-18King James Version (KJV)

17 But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.

18 Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

There are others. Would you like them posted?

marhig

What was it that the Jews were always looking to kill Jesus?

John 5:17-18King James Version (KJV)

17 But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.

18 Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

There are others. Would you like them posted?

How can Jesus saying that God is his father be making him equal with God? You say God is you're father, are you equal with God?

The jews were trying to have Jesus killed so they twisted his words.

If you read the rest of that chapter, you can see clearly that Jesus is under subjection to God and that he came to do the father's will and he also said that without the father he could do nothing .

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How can Jesus saying that God is his father be making him equal with God? You say God is you're father, are you equal with God?

The jews were trying to have Jesus killed so they twisted his words.

If you read the rest of that chapter, you can see clearly that Jesus is under subjection to God and that he came to do the father's will and he also said that without the father he could do nothing .

OMG! Completely different context.