Have You Fallen From Grace?

COGTHW

In this verse the Lord Jesus says that when He departs then the Comforter will be sent to them:

"Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you"
(Jn.16:7).​

I cannot believe that this verse is speaking of only "one" Person but instead two different Persons. Therefore, I cannot believe that the Lord Jesus is the Comforter, who is identified as the Holy Spirit.

There is only one Spirit.
Ephesians 4:4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

1 Corinthians 12:11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

That Spirit is Jesus.

John 14:18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

Jesus said He will come unto men before John 16:7

John 16:7 says "He say to go away for the Holy Ghost to come to men"

John 7:37 ....If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.

38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Jesus is the name of the Holy Ghost.

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name......

The Holy Ghost is ONLY SENT in His name which is Jesus.

Jerry Shugart

The Holy Ghost is not a different person.

The Holy Spirit is the Comforter. If you are right that the Comforter is the Lord Jesus then in this verse you have the Lord Jesus departing from the people at the same time when He is coming to the people:

"Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you"

Jerry Shugart

I said
Your Albert Barnes is an idiot. I don't think you truly understand the Godhead. Now these are three separate statement that are factual. Jesus says the Father is the only true God.

I have already addressed that and you were unable to prove that anything which I said is in error. And Albert Barnes agrees with me.

And you still have not addressed the following words spoken by Thomas to the Lord Jesus:

"And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God"
(Jn.20:28).​

The Apostle John also believed that the Lord Jesus is God:

"And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life"(1 Jn.5:20).​

COGTHW

The Holy Spirit is the Comforter. If you are right that the Comforter is the Lord Jesus then in this verse you have the Lord Jesus departing from the people at the same time when He is coming to the people:

This has nothing to do with me, the Scriptures say Jesus will come and dwell as the Holy Ghost.

John 14:18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

marhig

What you are doing is completely ignoring what I wrote and running to something else. You evidently cannot prove that anything I wrote is in error!

I will give you another chance to respond specifically to my answer to what you said here about the Lord Jesus:

No?

Then why does He call Himself the "Almighty"?:

"Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty" (Rev.1:7-8).​

We can know that this is speaking of the Lord Jesus because common sense dictates that there can be only One who can be described as the "Alpha and Omega" and the "beginning and the ending," and that One is Jehovah, the Almighty God. And here we can see the Lord Jesus describing Himself that way:

"And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last"
(Rev.22:12-13).​

It is the Lord Jesus who is said to be coming quickly:

"He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus" (Rev.22:12-13).​

Jerry I've tried to explain, but you just don't seem to understand me. It might be the way I'm writing it. I don't know, but I'll have to have a think and see if maybe I can explain what I mean differently to show what I'm trying to say. And I'll go to God about it.

Anyway this verse says it all. And to us (in the verse below), includes me too!

1 Corinthians 8

But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him

And then there's this

1 Timothy 2

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus

And i have to believe Jesus himself when he said that God is his God and father, and that eternal life is to believe in YOU (the father) the only true God and Jesus Christ whom YOU have sent.

marhig

In this verse the Lord Jesus says that when He departs then the Comforter will be sent to them:

I cannot believe that this verse is speaking of only "one" Person but instead two different Persons. Therefore, I cannot believe that the Lord Jesus is the Comforter, who is identified as the Holy Spirit.
So how can you not see this in the same way regarding the father and Jesus?

If Jesus can't be the holy ghost because Jesus sent him, then why do you say Jesus is the father when the father sent Jesus? That makes no sense.

The father sent Jesus Christ, so Jesus can't be the father?

Jerry Shugart

The father sent Jesus Christ, so Jesus can't be the father?

You fail to understand that the Scriptures speak of the Father in two different ways. One is as the First Person of the Godhead and we can see that the Godhead is a compound unity here:

"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness...So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them"
(Gen.1:26-27).​

On the other hand, in the following verse Jehovah is described as being the Father:

"But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand"
(Isa.64:8).​

As I said before, the Lord Jesus cannot be excluded from being the Potter since "by Him were all things created" (Col.1:16).

Therefore, the Lord Jesus is the LORD, Jehovah.

Last edited:

Jerry Shugart

Jerry I've tried to explain, but you just don't seem to understand me.

I understand you. You quote what I said and then you completely ignored what I wrote. Since you have no answer to what I said you want to run off to something else.

If you are really serious about having an honest discussion then respond to what I said about what you said here:

But he isn't the Almighty God, the Almighty God is the father.

No?

Then why does He call Himself the "Almighty"?:

"Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty" (Rev.1:7-8).​

We can know that this is speaking of the Lord Jesus because common sense dictates that there can be only One who can be described as the "Alpha and Omega" and the "beginning and the ending," and that One is Jehovah, the Almighty God. And here we can see the Lord Jesus describing Himself that way:

"And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last"
(Rev.22:12-13).​

It is the Lord Jesus who is said to be coming quickly:

"He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus" (Rev.22:12-13).​

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
You fail to understand that the Scriptures speak of the Father in two different ways. One is as the First Person of the Godhead and we can see that the Godhead is a compound unity here:

"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness...So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them"
(Gen.1:26-27).​

On the other hand, in the following verse Jehovah is described as being the Father:

"But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand"
(Isa.64:8).​

As I said before, the Lord Jesus cannot be excluded from being the Potter since "by Him were all things created" (Col.1:16).

Therefore, the Lord Jesus is the LORD, Jehovah.

I said
I think your missing the point. 26 was a suggestion to the angels. And 27 was God changed His mind and decided to make man in His own image.

"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness...So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them" (Gen.1:26-27).