Have you been reconciled unto God by Jesus Christ?

God's Truth

Your righteousness is. Pay attention.

Isaiah 64:6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

You were taught to misunderstand the filthy rag scripture.

How do you EVER get that obeying God is as a filthy rag?!

The Jews who had to do a righteous act of giving a sin offering, which included offering BLOOD, God did not like it that they would sin then give a sin offering and not really be sorry for their sins; that made the blood offering as a menstrual bloody rag offering. Not being truly sorry for the sin is what made the righteous act of sacrificing animals for their blood as a filthy rag.

Isaiah 64:6 All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags; we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind our sins sweep us away.

Our righteous act of FAITH in Jesus is a filthy rag if we do not OBEY HIM.

God does not say that our obedience is as a filthy rag.

The Jews used to have to give BLOOD offerings for their sins---so that they could make themselves RIGHTEOUS BEFORE GOD.

God did NOT like it that the Jews would sin, give a BLOOD SIN OFFERING BUT NOT REALLY BE SORRY FOR THEIR SINS, their sins that they kept doing.

Those BLOOD offerings became as FILTHY THROW AWAY, BLOODY MENSTRUAL RAGS to the Lord.

Robert Pate

Banned
You were taught to misunderstand the filthy rag scripture.

How do you EVER get that obeying God is as a filthy rag?!

The Jews who had to do a righteous act of giving a sin offering, which included offering BLOOD, God did not like it that they would sin then give a sin offering and not really be sorry for their sins; that made the blood offering as a menstrual bloody rag offering. Not being truly sorry for the sin is what made the righteous act of sacrificing animals for their blood as a filthy rag.

Isaiah 64:6 All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags; we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind our sins sweep us away.

Our righteous act of FAITH in Jesus is a filthy rag if we do not OBEY HIM.

God does not say that our obedience is as a filthy rag.

The Jews used to have to give BLOOD offerings for their sins---so that they could make themselves RIGHTEOUS BEFORE GOD.

God did NOT like it that the Jews would sin, give a BLOOD SIN OFFERING BUT NOT REALLY BE SORRY FOR THEIR SINS, their sins that they kept doing.

Those BLOOD offerings became as FILTHY THROW AWAY, BLOODY MENSTRUAL RAGS to the Lord.

You are not obeying Jesus because you are NOT "In Christ". You have rejected the Gospel and justification by faith apart from the works of the law. You have nothing to look forward to but judgment and condemnation.

God's Truth

You are not obeying Jesus because you are NOT "In Christ". You have rejected the Gospel and justification by faith apart from the works of the law. You have nothing to look forward to but judgment and condemnation.

Jesus only put those in him who obey him. You can't get around it.

beloved57

You teach that sinners Christ died for perish anyway!

God's Truth

False statement not in scripture!

Christ isn't even offering it to you until you do right.

Acts 10:35 but that in every nation those who fear Him and live good lives are acceptable to Him.

Acts 5:32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him."

Psalm 50:23 Whoever sacrifices a thank offering honors Me, and whoever orders his conduct, I will show him the salvation of God."

John 14:23 Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."

John 15:10 If you obey my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commandments and remain in his love.

Acts 13:26 "Fellow children of Abraham and you God-fearing Gentiles, it is to us that this message of salvation has been sent.

John 18:37 Everyone on the side of truth listens to me."

John 3:21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.

Robert Pate

Banned
The blind trying to lead the blind. Neither one knows or believes the Gospel. Without faith in Christ and his Gospel no one will be saved. How can these two be saved if they don't believe the Gospel?

God's Truth

The blind trying to lead the blind. Neither one knows or believes the Gospel. Without faith in Christ and his Gospel no one will be saved. How can these two be saved if they don't believe the Gospel?

Look more closely. You are the blind trying to lead the blind. Your false beliefs come from John Calvin when you say we can't obey anything until we are saved first.

beloved57

I dont see why you two cant get along since you both teach salvation by works, by what the sinner does !

God's Truth

I dont see why you two cant get along since you both teach salvation by works, by what the sinner does !

You really can't see, just as you say.

You teach do not do anything the Word says; even though the Word came to tell us all what to do.

Pate is the one who is saying he does nothing.

The two of you are in a deep pit with the devil who does not obey and maybe is bragging about it as Pate and you are.

God's Truth

Look at me, Look at me, I have done nothing, and I am going to brag about how I did nothing God says to do.

Because God told me not to obey His Son's teachings...

So I am doing nothing accept ignoring Jesus' teachings.

Oh what a twisted mess anyone who preaches like that is in.

Robert Pate

Banned
Look at me, Look at me, I have done nothing, and I am going to brag about how I did nothing God says to do.

Because God told me not to obey His Son's teachings...

So I am doing nothing accept ignoring Jesus' teachings.

Oh what a twisted mess anyone who preaches like that is in.

The only thing that God asks of you is to believe on his Son Jesus Christ.

beloved57

You really can't see, just as you say.

You teach do not do anything the Word says; even though the Word came to tell us all what to do.

Pate is the one who is saying he does nothing.

The two of you are in a deep pit with the devil who does not obey and maybe is bragging about it as Pate and you are.

Both of you deny the Saving obedience of Christ and elevate your personal obedience over His for Salvation. Thats self righteousness

God's Truth

Both of you deny the Saving obedience of Christ and elevate your personal obedience over His for Salvation. Thats self righteousness

Before you were allowed in school, you had conditions you had to make before you could just walk in. Your parents had to fill out a form. They probably had to prove where they lived, and give immunization records.

Before you were hired for your first job, you had to apply for the job, fill out an application, have an interview.

If you joined the military; or if you got a driver's license, a gun license, you had to do something.

I can go on and on proving easily that a person has to do something and not doing anything is insane and unreasonable.

God wants people that can be reasoned with; do you want to suffer wrath?

beloved57

Before you were allowed in school, you had conditions you had to make before you could just walk in. Your parents had to fill out a form. They probably had to prove where they lived, and give immunization records.

Before you were hired for your first job, you had to apply for the job, fill out an application, have an interview.

If you joined the military; or if you got a driver's license, a gun license, you had to do something.

I can go on and on proving easily that a person has to do something and not doing anything is insane and unreasonable.

God wants people that can be reasoned with; do you want to suffer wrath?

You don't deny your self righteousness, but confidently rage on!

Robert Pate

Banned
You don't make sense. It is never ever wrong to obey Jesus; and, it is not wrong to help others by preaching the Truth to them.

You are spiritually blind. The teachings of Jesus are impossible to do or to keep. Jesus taught the law to show you that you don't measure up to God's standards and that you need a savior. Only a blind fool would think that they can keep the commandments.