HaShem - 'The Name'

Ben Masada

I'm telling you that Jesus came to die for the sins of the whole world.

And I am telling you that he would not contradict the Word of God that no one can die for another.

Do you have proof of something that says different

Yes. Ezekiel 18:3,20; Jeremiah 31:30; II Kings 14:6; etc.

Romans 5:8 New King James Version (NKJV) But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

That's according to the gospel of Paul. Jesus was not subject to the gospel of Paul.

Romans 8:34 New King James Version (NKJV)Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen,who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us.

Jesus was not raised. Read II Samuel 12:23; Isaiah 26:14; Job 7:9; Psalm 49:12; etc.

2 Corinthians 5:14 New King James Version (NKJV)14 For the love of Christ compels us, because we judge thus: that if One died for all, then all died.

Jesus did not die for all but because his disciples were acclaiming him king of the Jews in Jerusalem, a Roman province at that time. Hence his verdict on the cross INRI. It means he died on a political charge of insurrection. Not for the sins of another.

beameup

However, HaShem inspired His prophets to teach us that no one can die for the sins of another. Are you implying that Jesus came with the intent to contradict the prophets of Elohim the Most High?(Ezekiel 18:3,20)

God can die for his own human creation... if He becomes one of them. Nothing is impossible with God. God is not conveniently understood by sinful mans "logic".

Ben Masada

Then why did He come?

Why don't you believe the scriptures?

Jesus came as I did and any other Jew has. Fate does not exist. That's another Hellenist doctrine. No one is born fated to this or to that. We have been granted with Freewill and responsible for what we make of ourselves to be. Regarding your question "Why I don't believe the scriptures", the reason is because I am loyal to the Scriptures of Jesus which was the Tanach. I can't serve two masters; The gospel of Paul and the gospel of Jesus. That was a characteristic of Paul if you read (Romans 7:25)

Ben Masada

God can die for his own human creation... if He becomes one of them. Nothing is impossible with God. God is not conveniently understood by sinful mans "logic".

No doubt, nothing is impossible with God; He can do any thing and every thing He wants but one, the thing you wish He did or should have done. The Lord does not work that way.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jesus came as I did and any other Jew has. Fate does not exist. That's another Hellenist doctrine. No one is born fated to this or to that. We have been granted with Freewill and responsible for what we make of ourselves to be. Regarding your question "Why I don't believe the scriptures", the reason is because I am loyal to the Scriptures of Jesus which was the Tanach. I can't serve two masters; The gospel of Paul and the gospel of Jesus. That was a characteristic of Paul if you read (Romans 7:25)

The Gospel of Paul is the same as that of Jesus. Paul says that He received the Gospel by revelation from Jesus.

beameup

No doubt, nothing is impossible with God; He can do any thing and every thing He wants but one, the thing you wish He did or should have done. The Lord does not work that way.
You mean, "the Lord" that you have conceived doesn't work "that way".

Akedah - The Binding of Isaac (Hebrew: עֲקֵידַת יִצְחַק ), also known as "The Binding" (הָעֲקֵידָה)

beameup

However, HaShem inspired His prophets to teach us that no one can die for the sins of another. Are you implying that Jesus came with the intent to contradict the prophets of Elohim the Most High?(Ezekiel 18:3,20)

Ezekiel 18:20 concerns itself with the fact that each person is responsible for their own sin.
The son cannot be blamed for the father's sin, and vice-versa.
The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.
"Death" in this respect is not simply the body "passing away", but implies eternal consequences as the soul is mentioned.

Ezekiel 18:21 - Repentance and forgiveness is possible:
But if the wicked will turn-from [repent] all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.

beameup

Judges 13 concerns Samson's mother:
And Manoah said unto The Angel of YHWH, What is thy NAME, that when thy sayings come to pass we may do thee honor? And The Angel of YHWH said unto him, Why askest thou thus after my NAME, seeing it is wonderful-wonderful
[פִּלְאִי pilʼîy - פִּלְאִי pilʼîy] - Judges 13:17-18

beameup

Israel does not know YHWH's NAME at this present time:

“Now therefore, what do I have here,” declares the LORD, “seeing that My people have been taken away without cause?” Again the LORD declares, “Those who rule over them howl, and My NAME is continually blasphemed all day long.
“Therefore My people shall know My NAME; therefore in that day I AM the one who is speaking, ‘Here I AM.’”
- Isaiah 52:5-6

I wonder what "that NAME" might be... any guesses?

beameup

So the Gentiles shall fear THE NAME of the LORD,
and all the kings of the earth thy glory.

When the LORD shall build up Zion,
HE shall appear in his glory.

Psalm 102:15-16

TweetyBird

Name, in Hebrew means fame, reputation, glory. It's not the pronunciation of God's Name that is important, it's knowing Him personally - what He has done, who He is, what He means to us. Jesus said to call God, Father ... this is how you pray: Our Father who art in Heaven ....

beameup

And David arose, and went with all the people that were with him from Baale of Judah, to bring up from thence , THE ARK OF GOD, WHOSE NAME IS CALLED BY THE NAME OF THE LORD of hosts that dwelleth between the cherubims.
2 Samuel 6:2

Ben Masada

Israel does not know YHWH's NAME at this present time:

“Now therefore, what do I have here,” declares the LORD, “seeing that My people have been taken away without cause?” Again the LORD declares, “Those who rule over them howl, and My NAME is continually blasphemed all day long.
“Therefore My people shall know My NAME; therefore in that day I AM the one who is speaking, ‘Here I AM.’”
- Isaiah 52:5-6

I wonder what "that NAME" might be... any guesses?

No one knows the real Name of the Creator of the Universe. Even Moses was denied to know. It is said that the High Priest used to know it, and he mentioned it once a year during Yom Kippur.

Ben Masada

Ezekiel 18:20 concerns itself with the fact that each person is responsible for their own sin. The son cannot be blamed for the father's sin, and vice-versa. "Death" in this respect is not simply the body "passing away", but implies eternal consequences as the soul is mentioned. Ezekiel 18:21 - Repentance and forgiveness is possible:

The only thing eternal about man is death. So, no one can die for the sins of another. This applies to all in his or her own individuality.

Ben Masada

You mean, "the Lord" that you have conceived doesn't work "that way".

Akedah - The Binding of Isaac (Hebrew: עֲקֵידַת יִצְחַק ), also known as "The Binding" (הָעֲקֵידָה)

Have you ever asked yourself why the binding and not the sacrifice of Isaac? Because the test of Abraham happened during a dream turned vision.

Ben Masada

The Gospel of Paul is the same as that of Jesus. Paul says that He received the Gospel by revelation from Jesus.

The man lied, Bright Raven! If Jesus had given him his gospel, he would have said to the Apostles to approve his request to join the Sect of the Nazarenes. The opposite is rather true that when Paul applied to join the Sect, they rejected him on the pretext that he could not be even a disciple. Let alone an apostle. (Acts 9:26)

beameup

Have you ever asked yourself why the binding and not the sacrifice of Isaac? Because the test of Abraham happened during a dream turned vision.
Perhaps you have forgotten the detailed record of Scripture on this issue?
Abraham had a torch in one hand and a knife in the other and his "only" son was bound on a pile of wood. Nothing "dreamlike" in the record, but Abraham had been promised by God that his son would have children! Obviously Abraham believed and trusted God and believed in the RESURRECTION.