God's Great Free Gift of Salvation for Everyone

beloved57

i know that the following will be way over your head but I will post it so others can understand exactly who Christ died for. Let us look at these two verses:
"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;Who gave himself a ransom for (hyper) all, to be testified in due time" (1 Tim.2:6).​
"Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for (anti) many" (Mt.20:28).​

In the first verse it says that He gave His life as a ransom for "all." Then in the second verse it says that He gave His life as a ransom for "many," but not all.

How can this be explained? The key to understanding the difference is understanding the meaning of the Greek words translated "for" in both verses.

In the first verse the Greek word translated "for" is hyper, and one of the meanings of that word is "on behalf of" (Thayer's Greek English Lexicon). The Lord Jesus died on "behalf" of ALL MEN.

In the second verse the Greek word anti is translated as "for," and that word means "in place of" (Thayer's Greek English Lexicon). So the Lord gave His life a ransom in place of MANY, but not all.

So we can see that the Lord Jesus gave His life as a ransom on behalf of all men but the Lord only gave His life as a ransom "in place of" MANY people but not all.

The Lord Jesus only gave His life as a ransom "in place of" those who believe the gospel of our salvation. But He died on behalf of all men.

I agree with those verses. Now do you believe that sinners Christ died for can still wind up lost ? Yes or No ?

Robert Pate

Banned
Yeah I believe those verses. Now dont you believe that sinners Christ died for wind up lost anyways ? Yes or No ?

The Bible plainly teaches that Christ died for everyone, Hebrews 2:9.

If anyone goes to hell it will be because like you they have rejected God's great free Gift of salvation that has been provided by Jesus Christ, Romans 5:18.

Nanja

If anyone goes to hell it will be because like you they have rejected God's great free Gift of salvation that has been provided by Jesus Christ, Romans 5:18.

The efficacy of Christ's Blood is not based upon what the creature does or does not do! That's blasphemy!

The "every" of Heb. 2:9 is His Elect Rom. 8:33: His Sheep John 10:11,15!

beloved57

You teach that sinners Christ died for are going to perish in their sins anyways! You deny the Saving power of Christ blood!

Robert Pate

Banned
"But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honor; THAT HE BY THE GRACE OF GOD SHOULD TASTE DEATH FOR EVERYONE" Hebrews 2:9.

This scripture is not going to go away. You deliberately oppose the word of God.

beloved57

"But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honor; THAT HE BY THE GRACE OF GOD SHOULD TASTE DEATH FOR EVERYONE" Hebrews 2:9.

This scripture is not going to go away. You deliberately oppose the word of God.

Those Christ tasted death for are reconciled to God when they were enemies and shall be saved by His life Rom 5:10

Robert Pate

Banned
Those Christ tasted death for are reconciled to God when they were enemies and shall be saved by His life Rom 5:10

You just can't accept the truth, can you?

The scripture says..."For if WHEN we WERE enemies" This is past tence. It does not say while or when they are enemies. You twist and pervert God's word to please your false Calvinist God.

beloved57

You just can't accept the truth, can you?

The scripture says..."For if WHEN we WERE enemies" This is past tence. It does not say while or when they are enemies. You twist and pervert God's word to please your false Calvinist God.

You are handling the word deceitfully. According to Rom 5:10, when were they reconciled to God?

Ben Masada

God's Great Free Gift of Salvation for Every One

There are two kinds of salvations. The universal salvation from universal catastrophes which is totally free and the other kind of salvation which is the personal one which costs our obedience of the Law. Believe me, this one is not free. You have got to work hard to get it, especially if one is accustomed to live as an outlaw. Jesus himself said that we must listen to "Moses" aka the Law to achieve personal salvation.(Luke 16:29-31)

Ben Masada

Sorry Robert, but Jesus did not have to die for every one. He was condemned to death on a political charge of insurrection for having not stopped his own disciples from acclaiming him king of the Jews at the entrance of Jerusalem. (Luke 19:37-40) Hence, his verdict nailed on the top of his cross by orders of Pilate. INRI. I hate what he did to Jesus but, at least he did not blame the Jews. He hanged the truth up there for all with eyes to see. However, Paul showed up later with the idea that Christians do not walk by sight but by faith.(II Cor. 5:7) That was catastrophic! Believe me it still is!

Robert Pate

Banned
Sorry Robert, but Jesus did not have to die for every one. He was condemned to death on a political charge of insurrection for having not stopped his own disciples from acclaiming him king of the Jews at the entrance of Jerusalem. (Luke 19:37-40) Hence, his verdict nailed on the top of his cross by orders of Pilate. INRI. I hate what he did to Jesus but, at least he did not blame the Jews. He hanged the truth up there for all with eyes to see. However, Paul showed up later with the idea that Christians do not walk by sight but by faith.(II Cor. 5:7) That was catastrophic! Believe me it still is!

Jesus said, "I and the Father are one" John 10:30.

Paul didn't say that. Your Jewish brother John wrote that.