God says not to pray for them?

whatever67

In NT you probably meant 1 John 5:16-17.

I can't see how we can relate the verse - Jeremiah 7:16 - directly to us unless you also relate the rest of the chapter... which would be pretty interesting :)

As for 1 John... what is "sin leading to death"? We can't draw conclusions before we can answer with 100% what "sin leading to death is". Can we?

you can if the Holy Spirit tells you or seems to be telling you to stop praying for someone. There is also that psg about turning someone over to Satan (so he might repent?)

whatever67

May I

And..... as 'despicable' as the town drinks were...you and I are no different. We all have sinned. But its easy to think we are not so bad, when our sin is not on public display. "But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners". Rom. 5:8

Don't give up on hopeless causes. Christ shed His blood for them.

I was not speaking of people who are just lost. I am speaking of people who know the truth, know Jesus (more/less) but just say to heck with Christianity, and / or do really evil things. Drinking too much is not good and is a sin but sometimes people are hurting and that's why they want to escape that way.. they are not doing something they think is horrendously evil (as baby killing "doctors" do)

6days

I was not speaking of people who are just lost. I am speaking of people who know the truth, know Jesus (more/less) but just say to heck with Christianity, and / or do really evil things. Drinking too much is not good and is a sin but sometimes people are hurting and that's why they want to escape that way.. they are not doing something they think is horrendously evil (as baby killing "doctors" do)
I understand..... But, do you think we are in a position to know if someone is lost for eternity...and give up on them? We might think someone was saved, and turned away... but can we know?